Super Eurobeat 226

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lexi Rinale
Eurocurious

Post by Lexi Rinale » 19 Nov 2013, 15:52

Some quick thoughts after listening to the samples:

Dream Away sounds great; A very strong chorus coupled with Irene's vocals makes for a good song.

Dance Into The Fire is quite good. I liked the 'jumpy' synth and J.Storm's vocals sound great,

Fight/Mix is an interesting entry, I'd imagine it being as polarizing as Wild Boys was. I was hoping for a faster song like Pirates but instead this is more in line with his other songs.

The other samples were quite 'meh', but of course the full versions may change that.

EDIT: Here are the iTunes samples https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/super ... 17932?l=en

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 19 Nov 2013, 16:11

Lexi Rinale wrote:Some quick thoughts after listening to the samples:

Dream Away sounds great; A very strong chorus coupled with Irene's vocals makes for a good song.

Dance Into The Fire is quite good. I liked the 'jumpy' synth and J.Storm's vocals sound great,

Fight/Mix is an interesting entry, I'd imagine it being as polarizing as Wild Boys was. I was hoping for a faster song like Pirates but instead this is more in line with his other songs.

The other samples were quite 'meh', but of course the full versions may change that.

EDIT: Here are the iTunes samples https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/super ... 17932?l=en

thanks for the itunes link, i don't know why i can never find it under a browser search. it's always hidden for some reason.

anyway, my favs from the itunes previews are:

j-storm - dance into the fire
nathalie & roberta - angel
norma shefflied feat. futura - take a chance on me

i really like how "take a chance of me" sounds like something nuage would totally sing if she were still with dave. it is also pretty slow, with some italo and 80's pop vibes.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 19 Nov 2013, 19:01

This time I'm gonna avoid previews entirely, but so far I like what I'm reading :D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Nov 2013, 19:34

BAD GIRL sounds like an SCP track. I... actually don't mind! I wonder if GGM and SCP are finally getting together. Like a badly made Tumblr shipfic. ; 3;
DREAM AWAY sounds... almost identical to Bad Girl, from what I can hear, in the riff. The verses flow into different territory, though, which is nice. It's good to hear Irene again!
DANCE INTO THE FIRE has that ABeatC brass I've missed, and it sounds solid!
HURRY HURRY HURRY is painfully generic SAIFAM. I don't like it so far, but they have this ability to charm me retroactively, so we'll see how this goes.
ANGEL is... well, a female Sinclaire track. It's cute, charming even, but it's very much the same as many of the others he's done so far.
FIGHT has some of the speed back that was missing in tunes like Wild Boys, and if there is pitch correction on Rich it's WORLDS less detectable. I... need more convincing, but I don't hate what I hear.
THE JUNGLE IS ON FIRE has a HUGE classic vibe to me. I wanna hear the riff though!
LOVE IS ALL AROUND ME is... underwhelming. Mela's voice is good, but it just doesn't resonate with me so far.
CACTUS GIRL sounds... silly, fun... still a bit too "wet and trancy" in the sound design department but... hm. I'm not sure. I lean towards liking what I hear.
LADY SPEED RACER sounds a bit too much like HRG trying to sound like other labels, however. Mara sounds good but the overall song is merely "okay".
TAKE A CHANCE ON ME puts Norma's name first but it seems like Futura's gig here... sorry, doesn't sound like my particular cup of tea.
MAYDAY sounds intense! Hell yes, I can't wait to hear it in higher resolution!
AN ANGEL RIGHT TO ME is more classic-flavored SCP. I'm SO glad they haven't lost the ability to produce that, but I like when they try something different with it instead of just demonstrating that they CAN.
BAD LOVE has... pretty damn tasty guitars, and it strikes me as fairly different from other Dima productions, I like this!
XMAS LOVE is just damned good Sinclaire work. What a great way to end the album!

I'm... fairly positive about this album, when I've got the money together I'll see if I can't pick it up and give it a more thorough shot!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Nov 2013, 19:54

My overall impressions of these samples are pretty meh. The Jungle is on Fire is really the only track that immediately catches my attention, though Dream Away and Lady Speed Racer have potential, as well. The Mela track has grown on me somewhat, having heard it again, but like I said before, it's no Bandolero or Mata-Hari. The J-Storm track is definitely at least over a decade old, just as I anticipated, but I can also clearly tell why Avex never released it until now. Let's just say it's no Dancin' in My Dreams. :???:
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Nov 2013, 21:28

From the iTunes samples, the only songs that grabbed my attention were:

- Dream Away - adore that hook, and the verses sound a bit more unique than what we've sometimes heard in the past. The chorus is a bit of a let-down though, so it might need more time to bed in...
- Dance Into The Fire - to be honest, this is old-style "A-Beat C by numbers", but to be honest I really enjoy it since it reminds me a little bit of the Neo songs like "I Was Born For Burning" and you can't deny that classic synth sound!
- Xmas Love - I can finally hear the appeal of this. It seems to sound a lot more rich and inclusive than SinclaireStyle tracks of old. I still don't hear the "christmas" influence, but I can forgive that perhaps!
- Love Is All Around Me - this sounds a lot more dynamic than many Dima efforts of late and seems to pack a bigger punch that leaves me feeling quite happy ;)
- The Jungle Is On Fire - occasionally ropey vocals aside, I enjoyed the quirky nature of the structure of this one, and the hook is pretty cool.
- Cactus Girl - for somereason, I've always generally enjoyed tracks released under the Jeff Driller alias, and this one is no different. The vocal delivery and overall production quirks make this one stand out to me. That, and the way he sings "Cac-TOOS" - makes me giggle!

I still love Hurry Hurry Hurry (that will probably turn out to be one of my favourite tracks!) and Bad Girl also sounds good. This album sounds a bit better than I expected on first impressions...

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 20 Nov 2013, 01:28

My favourites from the sample:

Fight - The Wild man of Sun Fire is back! The chorus is great, but DAT RIFF, that's where it's all at! It's so uninhibited and very uniquely Rich Hard. You could just imagine the trio at SF studios just having a ball of a time with this track. The little effects are as important as ever, but what I liked to hear most so far, is that small cameo from Futura in the middle of the verse. I can't wait to hear what surprises Dave will throw in in the full version
Bad Love - I am one of those who still eagerly look forward to a David Dima track, especially after the mega hit "Dancing In The Streets". The other parts of the song may not sound all too different from usual Dima productions, but just listen to that delicious sounding guitar riff. It's enough to put this on my must listen list.
Dream Away - I could listen to the chorus all day long. The other parts don't sound too wasted either. A bullseye for me so far.
Bad Girl - I like the sound of this track, but was something done to her vocals?

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 20 Nov 2013, 01:44

yay!! Got it! I'l try to upload a intro mix thingy...on youtube if I can. If not...it'll present the BPM

Next part of the puzzle.

Bad Girl=157 BPM
Dream Away =153 BPM
Dance Into The Fire = 154 BPM
Hurry Hurry Hurry = 156 BPM
ANGEL = 160 BPM
Fight = 150 BPM
The Jungle Is On Fire =159 BPM
Love Is All Around Me = 157 BPM
Cactus Girl = 155 BPM
Lady Speed Racer = 156 BPM
Take A Chance On Me = 148 BPM
MAYDAY = 155 BPM
An Angel Right To Me = 149 BPM
Bad Love = 158 BPM
Xmas Love = 160 BPM

i'll try to upload better quality samples...if I can.
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Nov 2013, 02:11

Finaly we get a chnace to rate some previews before the disc comes out. The CD Japan previews are quite interesting, because we get a riff and first verse. The chorus will remain a mystery to me since I don't do i Tunes, but that's good thing.

1. Domino- Bad Girl(GGMs/SCP)
Her track is extremely fast style. I like that and the melody used in the verse. The synth riff comes from SCPs energetic best. I like what I hear, but I doubt they will do some really amazing things with just 4 mins. pity.
:)

2. Irene- Dream Away (SCP)
Not really a fan, but this one sounds catchy enough. I hope that;s not the intro, because it shows very little imagination. What caught my immediate interest is how her tone changed from one couplet to the next in that first verse.
:)

3. J. Storm- Dance Into The Fire (ABeatC)
Its a by the numbers classic NRG Abeatc production. I LOVE IT! Probly one of my most anticipated after hearing the preview. Classic riff. and a great way to bring back a familiar voice.
8)

4. Mela- Hurry Hurry Hurry (Saifam)
Aside from the riff, which is very true to mela's style, I don't really fall for this track. Too club inspired in soundworlds.
:|

5. Nathalie & Roberta- Angel (Sinclaire Style)
Cklassic Sinclaire style and another instantly catchy synth riff. She is also kinda singing in Clara Moroni's style. One of my top previews.
8)

6. Rich Hard- Fight (Sun Fire)
This one is gonna separate the masses. That riff alone tells me Dave left the door open to insert a great amount of what I love to call "Special parts". Hear that slight female sigh in the beginning. I Love inserts like that. the song looks kinda short at 4:11, but I' hopoing for the best.
:D

7. J. Stark- The Jungle Is On Fire(delta)
For all the smiley with shades I'm dishing; this preview gets two. It's surely the one breaking from the mold of fast Eurobeat just for the sake of being fast. Its taking chances on a ret5ro jumpy Italo style and ' loving it. Those vocals alone are perfectly giving the song another vibe. Who is that. Borris, Paul, A new voice perhaps? Awesome accent too.
8) 8)

8. Ultraviolet- Love Is All Around Me (Dima)
Funny but it doesn;t sound like Mela to me? Anyway, it's definately a step up from thier debut, but still need to hear more. I like the melo in the verses best so far.

9. Jeff Driller- Cactus Girl (HRG Attack)
oh yeah! Sounds like Rimonti is back! Jeff has always incorporated somewhat tranzy vibe in the riff ever since I'll Kiss You, but it works. Also a few Russian style shoutouts here and there. This one is gonna be Jeff's comback hit!!
8)

10. Mara Nell- Lady Speed Racer (HRG Attack)
This is what I mean by aliases with certain vibes in songs. Mara is the one who likes to race cars. Very true to her alias. The synth riff sounds very different in style too from ,say, Cindy or Ciao Ciao.
:D\

11. Norma Sheffield feat. Futura- Take A Chance On Me(Sun Fire)
A somewhat boring synth riff. Seems to be trying too hard to recapture the golden age of Norma's songs. As of now I gotta hear more to even say I like it.

12. Luke- Mayday (Delta)
I hear sirens!! If those few words I heard are the intro, then this song is heading down a very interesting path. Love the Luke alias and that synth riff. Again, speed isn't everything in Eurobeat.
8)

13. Bliss- An Angel Right By Me (SCP)
No where near the freshness her debut hit had. Horrendouz effect on her vocals make her sound lkike a robot. Why they chose that over the other style, baffles me. The One redeeming factor I heard was that sweet sounding riff. 4 mins(sigh)seems our pleads for longer extended willgo by by unheard.
:(

14. David Dima- Bad Love (Dima music)
Eurobeat guitar fest. I usually love those, but I think this one is not gonna bring the festivities. I also don't hear too much room for "special parts" I wanna say I need to hear more to fully access the song, but I thi9nk I just might pass on this Dima title.
:(

15. Synclaire Style All Stars/ X Mas Love (Sinclaire Stlye)
The one X-mas vibe I get is the singalong effect in chorus style, but that's ok, cause I strongly feel this one is gonna be one of my favourite Sinclaire productions this year...and there are many!
8) 8) (I'm in the giving spirit)

Really liking the previews. The two I didn't really care for are together and towards the end, so this disc should have a very good listeing effect on a stereo. hence I'm gonna get this one.

I'm gonna say that Sinclaire and Delta are gonna slug it out as my favourite tracks on this disc. DELTA particular sounds extra ""Italo". For me that's like striking gold. HRG Attack are what ;TIME became over the years, just perfect for my listening pleasure. I also Got my ear peeled for the J. Storm and Rich Hard entries. They sound like they could be intersting. The rest could be either hit or miss once I listen to the entire song.

coolneko
Eurocurious

Post by coolneko » 20 Nov 2013, 04:59

here's Angel. Sorry...my damn desktop is slow today. :3 enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMwG6c5G ... 72IYwmUT9w
Coolneko aka Miko
I prefer either....go with your heart!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Nov 2013, 07:35

iTunes Previews in a MP3:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/svzq5b

Some previews are shorter because, for some reasons, the previews would jsut plainly cut in the last 15-20sec. I just added a fade out instead of trying to figure it out.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Nov 2013, 08:11

Thanks! 8)

After hearing that preview I gotta change my mind about a few songs. Particulalry the Bliss song. Really great sounding chorus and she doesn't sound robotic on my desk top. Go figure.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 20 Nov 2013, 09:44

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 20 Nov 2013, 10:43

Just picked up my copy from the post!

At the back of the booklet is an interview with Alberto Contini 8)

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 20 Nov 2013, 13:38

Darkholme wrote:At the back of the booklet is an interview with Alberto Contini 8)
In Japanese or English? (Probably Japanese, but I can hope. :D)