Eurobeat in 2014!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Nov 2013, 03:14

Traditional Eurobeat for me. If anything I wish the middle breakdown in songs would be longer< thus kicking up the TIME legnths up to 5:00 mins and up. For me that-s always been a big thing, just like for you guys who want more expirimentation.

Speaking of Expirimentation:I do however hope, that HRG Attack, continue the Italo rebirth.

It's also cool when the lebles post the Sleeve art for the songs.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 Nov 2013, 03:20

drnrg wrote:Traditional Eurobeat for me. If anything I wish the middle breakdown in songs would be longer< thus kicking up the TIME legnths up to 5:00 mins and up. For me that-s always been a big thing, just like for you guys who want more expirimentation.

Speaking of Expirimentation:I do however hope, that HRG Attack, continue the Italo rebirth.

It's also cool when the lebles post the Sleeve art for the songs.
Don't forget intro/outro for mixing!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Nov 2013, 03:27

Bonkers
Don't forget intro/outro for mixing!
That goes without saying. :wink: Bring back vinyls while were at it and I'll be an even bigger Eurobeat fan than I already am..

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 03 Nov 2013, 04:05

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 03 Nov 2013, 12:16

eXtaticus wrote:
#Infinity wrote:
eXtaticus wrote:Pirate Eurobeat. Make it happen.
Don't we already have enough of this already? If anything, if we want to keep the genre financially profitable, we should try to stop it! :P
sshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't talk like that; you'll scare Lebon14!
QFT

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Nov 2013, 16:29

Akira wrote:I agree with the last comments except that I think eurobeat should be 4/4. I'm pro-innovation in structure, synths and everything. I agree with Jay that it's a pity that a little experimentation within eurobeat usually leads to the song not being liked. However, maybe changing the time signature is going too far. Said that, I'm curious to know how that would sound :P
I... think ABeatC did this once or twice with some Ayumi Hamasaki remixes? I don't rightly recall. What's to lose for trying (again?), though?

(Also, I suggest for the health of this thread that the "Pirate" discussion discontinue. It's a discussion we've already had elsewhere, more constructively.)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 03 Nov 2013, 18:19

-redacted-

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 03 Nov 2013, 20:09

eXtaticus wrote:kk

Anyway, I made a short - and VERY ROUGH - demo of what a eurobeat riff would sound like in 6/8.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crpxwrk2km9t5 ... robeat.mp3

Hopefully, you'll get that "pirate" vibe. Or, seeing as "pirate" is a dirty word, "sea merchant".
pretty cool sounding, reminds me of some levels of games for nintendo, such as the megaman (rockman) games.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Nov 2013, 22:15

Yeah, it has a total video-game vibe to it. And I'm sure you could avoid the "pirate-themed" chord progressions and melodic influences to give things more variety if it were ever to become a trend in Eurobeat. ;)

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 04 Nov 2013, 00:43

Here's an example of a dance tune in 3/4 done so well that you hardly notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5SXKkWXaIY

Using a time signature other than 4/4 does not turn everything into some crazy avant-garde experimental arthouse music (as also proven by extaticus)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 04 Nov 2013, 00:57

Mindsweeper wrote:Here's an example of a dance tune in 3/4 done so well that you hardly notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5SXKkWXaIY

Using a time signature other than 4/4 does not turn everything into some crazy avant-garde experimental arthouse music (as also proven by extaticus)
....What was that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_Y4XLZOcM

There's your 3/4 time :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Nov 2013, 02:07

Bonkers
What was that?

There's your 3/4 time
Musically ,that was pretty incomprehensible. I really didn't see where a good lyrical melody would even fit. Unless you guys actually want less lyrics? It certainly didn't make me like it more based on that song alone.

For the sake of argument, that song sounded like techno; not Eurobeat; which brings me to the same conclusion. Eurobeat would lose it's identity. :(
could someone point out some actual Eurobeat examples where this 3/3 6/6 ect.. style might have been expirimented with.

BTW, Lebon is an alright guy. Besides I thought we were over attacking members over that pirating music B.S. I'm sick of it :-x

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 04 Nov 2013, 02:22

-redacted-

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 04 Nov 2013, 02:32

drnrg wrote:Bonkers
What was that?

There's your 3/4 time
Musically ,that was pretty incomprehensible. I really didn't see where a good lyrical melody would even fit. Unless you guys actually want less lyrics? It certainly didn't make me like it more based on that song alone.
It's UK Hardcore from S3RL!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 04 Nov 2013, 20:32

Bonkers wrote: ....What was that?

There's your 3/4 time :)

They are both in 3/4 man, that s3rl track is way harder to follow though.

A weird time signature is done well when people don't trip over themselves trying to feel the rhythm.
drnrg wrote:
For the sake of argument, that song sounded like techno; not Eurobeat; which brings me to the same conclusion. Eurobeat would lose it's identity. :(
could someone point out some actual Eurobeat examples where this 3/3 6/6 ect.. style might have been expirimented with.
The song doesn't sound like techno because it's in 3/4 though, it sounds like techno because it doesn't use eurobeat soundworlds. Eurobeat in 3/4 is entirely possible, you just need eurobeat synths and someone singing about fire/desire :P

Some of the intro of Tarantella Sputnik is in 6/8 (or triplets or swing or something, I'm not as good as music theory as I'd like to be ), but that's the only eurobeat example I can think of.