Eurobeat in 2014!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 18 Sep 2013, 18:26

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 18 Sep 2013, 22:09

eXtaticus wrote: you won't be short on eurobeat releases as long as I have access to a computer, FL Studio and a decent set of speakers - so watch this space.
They won't be about ponies, or remixes of top 40 pop hits will they?

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 18 Sep 2013, 23:17

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 25 Oct 2013, 21:02

-SCP makes another SUPER STRIKER

Plz.

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 25 Oct 2013, 21:54

I don't want any comeback on 2014 (besides Elena Gobbi, I miss her just too much). I just wish things would start working the way they should. And, instead of wanting the labels to go back to their old style, I want them to go even further. Try new stuff, that's the way a genre evolves.

I think 2014 will be a year of changes, the begginning of a new era in eurobeat. I'm really optimistic about that ^^
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 26 Oct 2013, 14:59

Realistically, I hope the regulars will keep producing great works and that previously unreleased songs get a spot on SEB's, I also hope the less active people get more active!

For my crazy wishes, I want Newfield, Elena Ferretti and Annerley Gordon to return along with Time and Eurogrooves. I also want a new label to join the SEB family, preferably a smaller label that gets a spot or two to showcase a more experimental and "indie" style of eurobeat. Either that or labels bring in some new talent to work on more experimental tracks, like how Delta were behind Nightshade by Melody & Mezzo.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Oct 2013, 17:20

[Reposted here because I accidentally put it in the wrong thread first!]

I can give my PREDICTIONS versus my HOPES.

So we can end on a positive note, let's start with my PREDICTIONS first. Remember, these are just things I think will happen, not necessarily what I WANT to have happen.

My PREDICTIONS:

• SCP and GGM will continue to collaborate and share artists back and forth. I could foresee more SCP artists getting in on the GGM side, perhaps.
• All labels across the board will be forced to remix the 'next big thing' in Japan, completely disregarding the 'next big thing' around the world.
• HRG, weakened with the loss of Festari, will struggle to produce consistent, fun work. They'll do it, though, and after a bumpy ride they'll be back on track.
• Avex will continue to not spend a single damn cent in marketing their international offerings, though they might just let their labels be a bit more free in what they produce in terms of innovation.
• Independent eurobeat production will continue slowly growing, though a centralized hub or unifying competitive source will be difficult to hold in place until the year after.
• New Ken Blast material on SEB.
My HOPES:

• SEB will begin to reach out to other record labels and artists, and suggest collaborations/remix opportunities across the board.
• Eurobeat labels who have control over their own publishing will begin to utilize Beatport as a viable source for releases, and maybe even remix contests.
• Artists outside of the Eurobeat world will discover the style and use elements of it in their own work.
• Artists within the Eurobeat world begin to try new things (shuffle timing, 3/4 timing, different lyric/writing schemes, more artistic expression, etc). Fragmented and sometimes failed as the results may be, the genre becomes new and unique again.
• Hi-NRG Attack has another renaissance and regains their old, chunky synth brasses back!!!
• Delta picks up another producer and gives Morris Capaldi some time to breathe!
• Sun Fire gets some more solid production under their belt and really uses that signature ABeatC brass they still have to their advantage.
• SCP will continue to push the envelope of making Eurobeat a part of the larger picture of Dance across the planet.
• Traditionalists will learn that even Eurobeat has changed over time, and that adjusting to the times will not 'kill it'.
That's what's on my mind, anyway.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 30 Oct 2013, 22:05

We share quite a few hopes zoupzoup. I really want to hear new things such as swing time and time signatures other than 4/4. I would also like to see some songs that veer away from the strict "intro-riff-verse-verse-chorus-riff" structure every now and then.

Also, synth brass! Those rad synths were one of the things got me into eurobeat in the first place. I love supersaw too, but I get sick of it more quickly than some nice warm brassy chords.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 31 Oct 2013, 06:13

Mindsweeper wrote:We share quite a few hopes zoupzoup. I really want to hear new things such as swing time and time signatures other than 4/4. I would also like to see some songs that veer away from the strict "intro-riff-verse-verse-chorus-riff" structure every now and then.
Good luck with that.

The few eurobeat songs that have diverted from the signature structure in recent years have all been systematically shot down by members here for being "too experimental" or "not eurobeat."

And people here seriously wonder why the eurobeat songs of today sounds almost the same as 5-6 years ago...

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 31 Oct 2013, 07:42

Well it's up to the indie crowd I suppose. One day I'll make a 3/4 eurobeat thing...eventually... :P

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 31 Oct 2013, 16:54

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 31 Oct 2013, 18:27

eXtaticus wrote:Pirate Eurobeat. Make it happen.
Rich Hard - Pirates on SEB196? :D

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 31 Oct 2013, 18:53

I agree with the last comments except that I think eurobeat should be 4/4. I'm pro-innovation in structure, synths and everything. I agree with Jay that it's a pity that a little experimentation within eurobeat usually leads to the song not being liked. However, maybe changing the time signature is going too far. Said that, I'm curious to know how that would sound :P
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 31 Oct 2013, 20:36

Don't we already have enough of this already? If anything, if we want to keep the genre financially profitable, we should try to stop it! :P
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 31 Oct 2013, 20:56

#Infinity wrote:
Don't we already have enough of this already? If anything, if we want to keep the genre financially profitable, we should try to stop it! :P