Super Eurobeat 227

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 09 Mar 2014, 05:36

Leo and Kaioh are two different people, btw...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Mar 2014, 06:34

para_rigby wrote:Leo and Kaioh are two different people, btw...
+1
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 09 Mar 2014, 19:53

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 10 Mar 2014, 00:51

Top Tracks:
Wilder Faster Louder
Showdown
Crazy & Free
Manga Style
Too Tan
One Day
Money Money Money
One More Night
Been A Bang

Alright Tracks
I Wanna Run Away
Something Beautiful
Far From The Light

Forgettable Tracks
Whenever I Dream On
One Shiny Day
Take Me Into Your Golden Dream

Personally, I like the chorus/sabi of Take Me Into Your Golden Dream, but that's all the track has going for it. I miss the Norma tracks that are more energetic.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 13 Mar 2014, 18:10

Review time! First off, this SEB is just amazing. And it even beats my personal decade favorite 224. The 227 has almost no weakpoints. A SEB on this high level is very rare. By the way, it's interesting to see that most of you say this SEB is one of the best SEBs but everyone loves and dislikes different songs. :D
But enough of the prologue, now to my review.
My rating: 0 to 15. 0 is the worst, 15 the best.

01 Dejo - Wilder Faster Louder - 11/15
Let's begin with a SS song! That can never be wrong. We get a fast and catchy song. The intro can't really hook me but the chorus is... wow. But though two friends of mine fell in love with this song I can't identify with them. I'm missing somewthing that makes this song more remarkable. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this song and the melody, but it's somehow forgettable in a way.

02 Hotblade - Showdown - 12/15
Hotblade, yes, yes. Aggressive Eurobeat by SCP Music is always great! And who is more suitable to that style than Hotblade? Although this one can't beat Plastic, it's extremely close to it. I'd like to see more songs like Showdown in future. I'm sorry but I can't say much more about this one.

03 Pamsy - Crazy And Free - 14/15
Well, drnrg could count songs of Pamsy he likes on one hand with two missing fingers. I can even count them without any hands. Yes, I don't like Pamsy's past songs, so I wasn't hyped at all about this song. And then... magic happened. The intro is phenomenal, the melody is amazing, the voice is awesome, the chorus is catchy. Everything fits in that song perfectly, but I only can give 14 points because it can't beat my favorite song on this CD.

04 Manuel - Manga Style - 14/15
Another aggressive Eurobeat song. And Manuel. Oh yes! Manuel is someone who can touch something and it becomes (musical) gold. Same here, everything fits and the theme of Mangas (though I'm more the Anime kind of otaku) is something different than the usual themes: Love, passion, fire, desire. Can't say much more. Well done, Manuel!

05 Tipsy & Tipsy - Whenever I Dream On - 8/15
Now to T&T. I'm a big 3B/Asia fan and I do instant love each song of this label. But also, it feels like a lack of creativity or singers. I like T&T but I wish 3B would give us other artists. This decade, we only had one song by Mark Farina (which wasn't that good, btw), one by Mela and three of T&T. T&T's songs these days sound a bit generic and could get replaced easily. But I don't wanna complain too much, I like this song somehow and it's not that bad. I think, it's even better than their first two songs this decade.

06 Gordon Jim - I Wanna Run Away - 14/15
Time to take a look on the old newcomer (or new oldcomer?). Typical Hi-NRG Attack sound, typical Russian-sounding singer, typical more-or-less-nonsense title. That's the magic formula to make a brilliant HRG song. I love it, I'm a fan of this sound and those voices. This song has a nice chorus and the melody is wonderful. I hope we'll see more of Gordon in the next time.

07 Cherry & Luke - Something Beautiful - 14/15
Finally, a song that sounds like Love Is Like A Rain. I've been waiting for this a long time. Cherry & Luke together are a wonderful duet, the melody is lovely. That's the love-themed Delta style I like the most. This song really is something beautiful. Yet again, 14 points because this can't beat my favorite too.

08 Eliza - One Shiny Day - 15/15
Eliza's debut song Fly was a song which I liked after ten listenings. But then I really loved it. So, I was a little bit hyped for this one. At first listening, I thought it wasn't something special until the late part of the chorus. But first, the intro is blissful, the strophes nice, the chorus marvelous. And then she sings We must be happy three times. And the third time is the time which hooked me to this song. I instantly fell in love after I heard this phrase. Since then, I repeat that song again and again and again. This is one of the most beautiful Eurobeat songs I've ever heard! 15 points! That's the song that can't get beat by any other song on this SEB. <3
If this song would have a normally lasting intro it could easily be more than 6:30, btw. That would be six and a half minutes pure amazingness.

09 Billy the Butcher - Too Tan - 14/15
Next HRG submission. This time no Russian, instead of that Egyptian in desert. The second HRG song which is a big pleasure on this album. Again, I can't say much about this song, I really enjoy every listening!

10 Norma Sheffield - Take Me Into Your Golden Dreams - 1/15
... Y'all know my opinion here. But this song even beats the recent Norma songs. Stawp! I probably could easily fall asleep when listening to this song... (I can do that to every other Eurobeat song too, but you know what I wanna say.) If it wouldn't have Eurobeat elements I'd probably give this 0 points. Nevertheless, this will get the worst mark I've ever given to an Eurobeat production. While I insta-love 3B songs, I can say, I get insta-bored by Norma songs...

11 Martina Dry - Only One - 14/15
Let's switch to HRG song number #3 on this album. To fulfill the female quota it's time for a female singer this time. :D And this song is at least as catchy as the other HRG songs. It reminds me a bit of Make Me Wonder on 223, only with the voice of Ciao Ciao (is Martina the same person? I don't know at the moment...). Really nice song and the "Din Don Dan" in the chorus hooked me so much that this song deserves a high rate.

12 Dave Rodgers - Money Money Money - 11/15
Dave Rodgers. In my eyes he stands for a mix of Rock and Eurobeat, Rockbeat so to say. This is in my opinion a great combo, together with Dave's vocals even greater. But this song has more potential, especially during the Money Money Money. This is the only part which sounds too slow.

13 Futura - One More Night - 9/15
Futura & Dave seperated. That's how I wanna see them on tracklists. Together their songs sound boring in my ears. But alone both can create great tracks. That's here the case too. While the strophes don't sound special the chorus is really catchy! But compared with Dave's song, this song is a bit weaker.

14 Leo River - Far From The Light - 13/15
I didn't like the debut song by Leo (almost the whole 191 was a bad SEB). Due to that, I hadn't much expections about this song. And then the song begun. It's brillant! The chorus is very nice, the melody fast, wild and the kind of Eurobeat I like. Wow.

15 Fastway - Been A Bang - 10/15
Last but not least: Fastway. A good song to end a SEB but it's nothing very special. This one sounds very Fastway-typical and I wanna carefully say a bit generic. In my ears it sounds almost the same as The Element Of Fire. Just a bit better. But still in a similar way.

To sum up, this SEB does only have ONE weakpoint, the Norma track. If avex had put another song instead of this one this SEB could have been the very first SEB without any bad or not-so-good song. In my opinion, naturally. Nevertheless, 14 of 15 good songs, hell yeah! I think many years will have to be gone until we get a new SEB on this high level. After 202 and 204, this one could become my #3 of favorite SEBs. I don't think I can say this surely after just a week.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 13 Mar 2014, 18:28

Glad to see somebody who actually considers Eliza's song the best on the entire CD; that number seriously deserves more attention here!
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Mar 2014, 22:49

07 Cherry & Luke - Something Beautiful - 14/15
Finally, a song that sounds like Love Is Like A Rain.

08 Eliza - One Shiny Day - 15/15
Eliza's debut song Fly was a song which I liked after ten listenings. But then I really loved it. So, I was a little bit hyped for this one. At first listening, I thought it wasn't something special until the late part of the chorus. But first, the intro is blissful, the strophes nice, the chorus marvelous. And then she sings We must be happy three times. And the third time is the time which hooked me to this song. amazingness.
Exactly what I love and got me me hooked on these two songs.

I'm curious with your scoring of 1-15: as what score do you actually concider a really good Eurobeat song? I wanna guess a 10, but I wanna make sure?

BTW, good review. I'm glad youy could relate to the Pamsy comment I made about her favourite songs :D

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 13 Mar 2014, 23:04

To be honest, I'm not sure. @.@ But I think, a really good Eurobeat song would get in my rating system 10 to 11 points. I mean I even like the T&T song which I only gave 8 points, but you questioned for really good songs, so... Yeah, I think 10 to 11 points.

And I'm glad to see you guys like my review. :D Because I'm never 100% satisfied with my own reviews due to my lack of musical vocabs, (hopefully little) English fails and typos.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Mar 2014, 00:06

KiraTM
To be honest, I'm not sure. @.@ But I think, a really good Eurobeat song would get in my rating system 10 to 11 points. I mean I even like the T&T song which I only gave 8 points, but you questioned for really good songs, so... Yeah, I think 10 to 11 points.

And I'm glad to see you guys like my review. Very Happy Because I'm never 100% satisfied with my own reviews due to my lack of musical vocabs, (hopefully little) English fails and typos.
More or less what I figured. Thanks.

Too much musical mumbo jumbo loses my interst. I'd rather read a good review which includes a bit of comic releif and personal reasons why you hold certain songs close the heart. A little sarcasm as opposed to straight out hatred, is also welcomed. and adding something extra of your own is also fun. I really likede the one TIME spoken review that Lebon14 did years ago. Don't know why he didn't do more? I listened to that over and over.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Mar 2014, 03:18

drnrg wrote:I really likede the one TIME spoken review that Lebon14 did years ago. Don't know why he didn't do more? I listened to that over and over.
To be perfectly honest, I don't really like to be heard by people I don't know over the internet... And, I would still need to write my review because I can't just say a long stream of words. I would say 3 stop, stumble on my word, stop to search for a word on WordReference, etc... I did it once but meh... On top of that, I only have a cheap ass headset microphone that you need to yell in to be heard correctly. If pump oup the volume, you'll hear more than annoying static.

I remember what you said and I'm glad you enjoyed but I'm not into it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 17 Mar 2014, 04:08

~Lazy Review Time with Mindsweeper~

I finally got around to listening to this volume, and Wilder Faster Louder is easily my favorite. I get hit by a truck made of feels every time the chorus hits "call me do!" and "restless toy for everyone". (&#65417;&#9829;&#12526;&#9829;)&#65417;/10

My relationship with Manga Style is weird. Sometimes I get really into it, but other times it sounds like Manuel is hitting random notes and throwing his voice all over the place to me and I have trouble following it. 4 TO 7/10?

Too Tan didn't impress me much the first time around, but now I'm constantly getting "TOO TAN COME ON TOO TAN COME ON HA! HA!" stuck in my head, and the riff is rad.8/10

Been a Bang
is very nice. In a very normal way. I like it. I like it a lot, but I can't think of much else to say because it's very "typical"...but in a good way. 8/10

4 songs of interest out of 15... that's not too bad I suppose.