Super Eurobeat 229

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 11 Jun 2014, 15:42

On Facebook they confirmed next Wednesday. :)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 11 Jun 2014, 15:56

Guessing that they'll release the track list in a couple of days...

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 11 Jun 2014, 18:58

Tracklist along with the video just came out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMq2RkmHBk
1. BRAND NEW WORLD / ACE
2. TIGER / MANUEL
3. DON'T KEEP YOUR LOVE AWAY / PAMSY
4. NEW RACE GAME / DAVE RODGERS
5. UNFORGETTABLE / CHERRY
6. HOT LIKE A FIRE / REMY PANTHER
7. CRAZY LOVE (Platinum version) / CASANOVA
8. WHEREVER FOREVER / CIAO CIAO
9. BACK SHADOW / POWERFUL T.
10. POWER AND GLORY / LUKE
11. HEY YOU! / ROBERTA
12. THE DAY OF THE RAIN / DREAM FIGHTERS
13. BOOM BOOM BOOM / ULTRAVIOLET
14. DANCING OUT OF DANGER / FASTWAY
15. FOR THE FANS / TORA & DEJO
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 11 Jun 2014, 19:23

Damn it, I just want to see THE FLIPPERS / YOU'RE IN DANGER 2014 one day. Make it happen, Mauro Farina. Wake up your Factory Team.

I believe in you. :cry:

wake up today, I know your desire
and tonight the dreams come true
Last edited by Wataru Akiyama on 11 Jun 2014, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Jun 2014, 19:36

Tracks 1-3 and 14 have me psyched. The rest sound pretty ropey...

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 12 Jun 2014, 00:55

given the artists alone, this tracklist looks promising. I haven't watched the sample vid yet

edit - the Ciao Ciao and Luke tracks sound like Vibration productions.

tbh, I wasn't too impressed with the samples. Ace and Roberta are the most promising. Powerful T., Luke, and Roberta seemed like they could be good as well.

I think my problem is that I'm just not as entrenched in the music anymore. I mean, I still haven't even listened to half of the albums since vol. 200, and the ones I have listened too I haven't played incessantly the way I used to lol

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Jun 2014, 01:10

SCP: Can't beat 'em. This is why they are the best at what they do.

GGM: One entry, but I'll take Manuel any day.

DELTA: These melodies and synths sound very much uninspired. We need another producer for different sounds.

HI-NRG ATTACK: The two entries sound interesting in how they are produced. Remy's lyrics are the most painfully generic ever...sounds like something out of a Time aishu selection.

SINCLAIRE STYLE: 3 songs? Awesome. I like how Sinclaire keeps with a more traditional sound, but has allowed them to be updated. Not sure how I feel knowing the Platinum version is a remastering/mixed version of an original.

DIMA: Blech. It's not the same without Aleky/Kate Rush to give us great vocals.

SUNFIRE: After all these years, the only two Sunfire tracks I listen to are Skylight and Kelly. Where is the magic from Dave? I only hear it once in a blue moon. At least we don't have Rich Hard on this album. Thank goodness.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 12 Jun 2014, 03:07

*edit*

Now that I've had some sleep and can fully pay attention to the tracks, I think the album sounds decent.

I like the melodies this time around, and I think Ultraviolet has finally made a track I can listen to.

I think the most powerful track is "Dancing Out of Danger".

Can't wait.
Last edited by Bonkers on 12 Jun 2014, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Jun 2014, 03:20

From the samples, I like these:

1. BRAND NEW WORLD / ACE - Going by sample alone, this is easily the best sounding Ace track this SEB decade.
2. TIGER / MANUEL - Saw the video, heard a bit of the song, loved it and it finally got featured, heavily looking forward to this track.
4. NEW RACE GAME / DAVE RODGERS - I thought it would be a new updated version of 'The Race Of The Game' and hence the title. Either ways, I love what I hear and it's Dave Rodgers, nuff said.
5. UNFORGETTABLE / CHERRY - Delta sounds great these days, I like this.
9. BACK SHADOW / POWERFUL T - Yes! A new Powerful T track!
10. POWER AND GLORY / LUKE - Great title, lets see if it delivers an equally awesome melody.
14. DANCING OUT OF DANGER / FASTWAY - You can always count on Fastway to deliver hits after hits.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Jun 2014, 03:40

It's always quite surreal to hear what sounds like voice actor Billy West (of Doug, Ren & Stimpy, and Futurama fame) announcing these Super Eurobeat albums.

My first impressions of this album are pretty mixed. There are some really creative ideas tossed around some of these tracks, as well as some painful rehashing of clichés that I wish weren't still so prevalent in 2014. The only numbers I'm really looking forward to are Ace, Powerful T., and maybe Luke, Dave Rodgers, and Tora & Dejo. The rest isn't really terrible, just not that coherent.

The two Sunfire presentations have elements of A-Beat C's style from the turn of the century (Black Shadow reminds me of Lolita's Everybody Dance in the synth), which make them pleasant surprises.
ImageImage

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 12 Jun 2014, 03:45

Wtf man all of Dave's riffs lately have been a load of boring trance stabs.

I'm liking the feel of the Luke and Ace tracks. Powerful T's sounds cool, but really empty in the chorus. I hope the entire Fastway track is as funkyfresh as the riff.

HiNRG Attack sounds like they got lost on the way to Bazookistan and ended up in clusterfucksville.

Manuel I love you but you're gonna blow your voice out one of these days :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Jun 2014, 07:05

Seems the snippets got better as they progressed. Towards the end , they sounded really epic. Im not enjoying that effect they use when the tone in the chorus changes. There are 4 perfect zone previews on this disc, but equally 4 songs that sound really horrid, so who knows how much I'll actually like the final product. I'm glad 228 sounded really great to me. I don't like breaking tradition, so...

1. BRAND NEW WORLD / ACE
We got to hear the intro for this one too. Sounds great so far. I like the synth riff the best.
:D

2. TIGER / MANUEL
Holy Damn! This preview sounds incredible. The first one that makes me put on my shades and get lost in my perfect Eurobeat zone.
8)

3. DON'T KEEP YOUR LOVE AWAY / PAMSY
She is on a roll. I've enjoyed the last three songs she put out tremendously. Good melody in the chorus too.

4. NEW RACE GAME / DAVE RODGERS
Torn up on this one, cuz I love me some new Dave Rodgers, but this sounds out of melody. and when he says "game", it sounds like he brought the tone down a notch in the chorus. I have to hear the rest, but based on this sample, I'd pass.
:(

5. UNFORGETTABLE / CHERRY
I could end up loving this song once, I listen to it in its entirety. It has that aishu feel that Elena Feretti took to new hights at TIME label.

6. HOT LIKE A FIRE / REMY PANTHER
Me loving the retuirn of Remy Panther! Interesting sounding Synth riff and Italo flavoured chorus makes this my second favourite preview.
8)

7. CRAZY LOVE (Platinum version) / CASANOVA
What an uplifting synth riff. Sounds old school hybrid of ABeatC and early Delta. I'm liking what I hear and its 100 x better than his Dejo offering at the end of the disc.

8. WHEREVER FOREVER / CIAO CIAO
The word that comes to mind is Mismatch. I like the chorus, but that synth riff sounds out of place. Could be the first Ciao Ciao track in a long TIME that I dissaprove of.

9. BACK SHADOW / POWERFUL T.
Powerful T. has been very reliable for putting out the AbeatC style I like. This preview, while not sounding as epic as "Fantasy Car" does have major promise.

10. POWER AND GLORY / LUKE
Once that riff kicks in, I know this will be my champion song! My Turbo Disco king does it again!!!
8)

11. HEY YOU! / ROBERTA
The chorus has old school Delta written all over it. Bouncy and powerful. The one great sounding Sinclaire track on the disc, cuz you gotta have at least one.

12. THE DAY OF THE RAIN / DREAM FIGHTERS
Another chorus that goes down in tone. I'm not liking that effect. It sounds like someone rained on his parade. Not even the riff sounds interesting.Pass pass Pass.

13. BOOM BOOM BOOM / ULTRAVIOLET
Awesome title for a song, but it sounds a bit lightweight in the synths. Who knows? I'll keep my hopes up just a little longer, cuz I like the chorus.
:)

14. DANCING OUT OF DANGER / FASTWAY
Hot damn! The disc shoulda ended with this one. Fastway is also on a roll these days, but I defintely think this will be my favourite from him since a long TIME.
8)

15. FOR THE FANS / TORA & DEJO
That riff is all over the place and Dejo sounds bored as f**k. I'm not liking this one at all. It has that light feathered sounding synths that I didn't like during the beginning of Sinclaire Style label.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 12 Jun 2014, 10:18

Dejo's vocals in the Casanova track really stood out to me as a flashback to songs like 'Help Me to Say Goodbye' :D
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 12 Jun 2014, 17:46

For me, these SEB trailer minimixes don't say anything about the songs itself. I need the whole songs to describe my feelings about them.
Nevertheless, only according to the tracklist, I'm looking forward to the Remy Panther, Ciao Ciao and Ultraviolet songs. A new Platinum version of an older SS song? Since the last one couldn't hook me (or even get my interest) I think I'll probably skip this song each time it plays... The rest of the tracklist looks okay.
I pre-ordered the album short time before the video was uploaded, hope the money was it worth it. ^^

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 12 Jun 2014, 18:01

KiraTM wrote:For me, these SEB trailer minimixes don't say anything about the songs itself. I need the whole songs to describe my feelings about them.
Nevertheless, only according to the tracklist, I'm looking forward to the Remy Panther, Ciao Ciao and Ultraviolet songs. A new Platinum version of an older SS song? Since the last one couldn't hook me (or even get my interest) I think I'll probably skip this song each time it plays... The rest of the tracklist looks okay.
I pre-ordered the album short time before the video was uploaded, hope the money was it worth it. ^^
I think I'm gonna quit checking out the samples. As you said, short samples type ally aren't enough to actually get a feel for the track and usually when I hear the samples I get let down so then when I hear the album I already expect it to not be good and so my mind just goes along with it.