Spread the Beat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Jun 2014, 03:47

DarkSky
That wouldn't solve a thing
Not necessarly, but it could boost up revenue through hard core collectors who crave something tangible. back in the golden era , I would spend at least 150 on monthly vinyls. You figure 14 extended trax on each SEB. I usually like about 10 of them. That's 10 or so vinyls a month. Royalties in AVEX's pocket. I'm sure there are more collectors out there who would purchase them along with the discs.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 17 Jun 2014, 04:21

drnrg wrote:DarkSky
That wouldn't solve a thing
Not necessarly, but it could boost up revenue through hard core collectors who crave something tangible. back in the golden era , I would spend at least 150 on monthly vinyls. You figure 14 extended trax on each SEB. I usually like about 10 of them. That's 10 or so vinyls a month. Royalties in AVEX's pocket. I'm sure there are more collectors out there who would purchase them along with the discs.
Vinyl...in some cases, IS making a comeback here in the States. I've noticed places selling vinyl releases of today's popular pop/dance/rock artists. I don't think it would benefit sales though, since the genre is so "rare to the ears". BUT...if the growing appeal IS having Vinyl, this would be the perfect time for Eurobeat labels to jump into it!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Jun 2014, 17:28

Today's vinyl are just BS sounding. Digital to analog? Brickwalled to death. You've got a receipe to make bad vinyls. The problem is that NOBODY produces with analog equipment anymore. And then, even if they were, it'll still be brickwalled to death before it hits CD. Did I mention CD? There you go, all analog is now gone since they transfered it to digital for the CD...

Vinyls are only good if they were made back in the day. From analog source to analog playback support with perfect dynamic range.

As much as I like CDs, Eurobeat's future is online. Since it's an underground genre, it could profit to be released on Bandcamp. By being release on Bandcamp, it gives the opportunity to purchase a CD for an extra and the digital version will fit everybody's needs: MP3, FLAC, OGG... On top of that, no more stupid regional restrictions.

As much as I would also like Eurobeat to gain more popularity, outside of anime lovers and/or speedy techno music lover, there's isn't much people where it'll spark interest.

In Japan, Avex has been pathetic. Releasing the digital version of SEB one month after the CD, not negotiating contracts where it would give the labels freedom to release everything they have everywhere, etc. If they have the money, they need to market that out there. TV, radio, newspaper, posters, online social networks & video website, etc. And NOT one week before release: as soon as the tracklist is decided, the marketing starts. If you want successful products, you need to put effort. Except that Avex never put effort into anything; they think that money will grow on trees in their backyards.

If I had to decide in which one of you I would agree the most with Bonkers.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 17 Jun 2014, 21:34

Lebon14 wrote:As much as I like CDs, Eurobeat's future is online. Since it's an underground genre, it could profit to be released on Bandcamp. By being release on Bandcamp, it gives the opportunity to purchase a CD for an extra and the digital version will fit everybody's needs: MP3, FLAC, OGG... On top of that, no more stupid regional restrictions.

As much as I would also like Eurobeat to gain more popularity, outside of anime lovers and/or speedy techno music lover, there's isn't much people where it'll spark interest.
couldn't agree with this more. I would imagine there is still a large enough number of people buying the CD's in Japan to keep producing physical copies. But for people outside of the country, a digital release on the same day as the physical one with a digital booklet, discount on a physical copy, etc would be the best thing they could do.
Lebon14 wrote:If they have the money, they need to market that out there. TV, radio, newspaper, posters, online social networks & video website, etc. And NOT one week before release: as soon as the tracklist is decided, the marketing starts. If you want successful products, you need to put effort. Except that Avex never put effort into anything; they think that money will grow on trees in their backyards.
all i've seen is a lack of effort which is one of the reasons I've kinda given up on the genre. I still listen to it, I still love it. But I can't support something that doesn't try to support itself. As I've said before, I'll never buy a megamix. Without new tracks they're a waste. And I'm not into all the digital releases that are re-hashes of already released stuff. And tbh that's been on the label's end too. Look at Eurokudos.