3L - Be Happy*

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

3L - Be Happy*

Post by KiraTM » 28 Jul 2014, 17:06

Hey guys! Yesterday, I played osu! with a friend of mine and one of the so-called beatmaps was the Eurobeat song Be Happy☆ by 3L.
Since I listened to this one, it reminds me of another song, the melody is so familar but I just can't figure it out. Maybe you guys can help me.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Jul 2014, 00:20

For those wondering, that song is on the compilation called "Super Euro Smash Vol.1"

Personally, I don't recognize anything about it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 30 Jul 2014, 15:16

I don't really recognize anything about it either. Which is not to say it doesn't have anything familiar about it; it still reminds me of other songs in a diffuse generalized sort of way, but there isn't any one song where I'm like "it totally sounds like that." The intro kinda sounds like Ai Yamamoto's Happy Valentine and Domino & Lolita's You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! had a baby, but beyond that I can't really think of anything.

Just out of curiosity, were you thinking of some other eurobeat song or just another song in general?

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 30 Jul 2014, 15:20

I'm not that sure. I think it's both. I believe I heard similar melodies in Eurobeat and in other music as well.

By the way, a friend of mine says the intro sounds like the Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8 but it doesn't remind me of that.

WinterdrivE
Euro To B

Post by WinterdrivE » 30 Jul 2014, 15:44

I have too. I hate to say it this way, but it kinda has that generic anime kind of sound.

Although, this may sound crazy, but I totally realized it fits really well with Dave & Domino's Give 'em a Christmas Time. Like you can literally sing the choruses on top of each other. (probably because they have the same/ a similar chord progression). It reminds me of a lot of the christmas eurobeat songs, for that matter now that I think about it.