Super Eurobeat 233

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 28 Apr 2015, 06:34

The ones I listened to so far:

Hai Hai (GGM) 3/5
-Usual Domino style track. Not bad in itself, but I'd rather listen to her classic tracks like Woa Woa Woa, To Say To Do To Kiss, Boom Boom DJ...
Run to Me (GGM) 3.5/5
Seven Night (SF) 5/5
Go Go Player Games (SF) 3.5/5
-Sun Fire has always impressed me with novelty in sound and production since around 2011, and these two tracks is not the exception. And after I found that the tracks were solely produced by Futura, now I have high hopes for the future of the label.
Looking for a Sexy Boy (SS) 3.5/5
-I love how the elements of this song, chord progression, synth riffs, lyrics and vocal, don't fit together and consequently make a strangely addictive atmosphere.
Running on Love (SS) 4/5
-Elaborately produced and there's nothing much to point out about this song. Moreover, this one reminds me of Sinclaire productions in mid-2000s. I miss those days when I used to purely enjoy eurobeat...

The rest of the album I wouldn't bother to listen to.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 May 2015, 05:16

I won't do an in-depth review but I'm going to say what I think overall.

Domino, Hotblade, David Dima, Kaory & Kiki & Fancy are probably the tracks I enjoy the most. 8½ to 10/10 tier.

LOL and Tora are pretty good tracks. (both are 8 to 8½/10)

Hi-NRG Attack's tracks while most the verse and riffs are good, the chorus totally break the deal for me. (both are 7 to 8/10)

Sunfire is boring. Two songs that sounds the same and, on top of everything, in my opinion, hardly Eurobeat. Sounds more like Synthpop meets hi-nrg. (4/10 at best)

Delta still sounds the same as it sounded back in SEB 221. But I think they're better than Sunfire here. (5 to 6/10)

Also, Stephy's song is boring. I like the voice, not the music that goes along. (4/10)

Mela's song is not bad! But I think I'll go for the 170 BPM version on Juno. And, yes, it was slowed down to 158 BPM for this SEB. It has a hint of happy hardcore and country going for it. (9/10)

Overall, it's an average album. 7½-8/10.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 May 2015, 22:31

Lebon14 wrote:
Sunfire is boring. Two songs that sounds the same and, on top of everything, in my opinion, hardly Eurobeat. Sounds more like Synthpop meets hi-nrg. (4/10 at best)
They are still more Eurobeat than Kaory's song. That's more along the Trans/Eurobeat fuse. It's a better song overall, but I'm just saying..

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 May 2015, 23:57

drnrg wrote:They are still more Eurobeat than Kaory's song. That's more along the Trans/Eurobeat fuse. It's a better song overall, but I'm just saying..

First of all, european trance sound is MUCH MUCH MUCH softer and slower than everything in Kaory's song. The only thing "trance" in Kaory's song is the atmosphere, the feeling but I still feel the Eurobeat essence within it. But the sunfire songs, it's just hi-nrg and synthpop on fire. You don't listen to trance, I do.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 06 May 2015, 12:05

SEB 231 was an okay one, 232 was so boring (even if it has its good songs) that I didn't even feel motivated enough to write a review. I lost all my expactiations after 232. And what can I say? I wasn't disappointed... In my opinion, 233 is an even worse SEB than 232. I only have a few songs I really like. The majority is - at max - average Eurobeat.

The really good songs:
Mela - Change Your Time (I also should listen to the higher-BPM version)
Lol - Looking For A Sexy Boy (didn't expect a nice song with that name...)

The good songs:
Leslie Parrish - Oh Mamma Mia
Kiki & Fancy - Dance All Night

Each other song is average and below.

I only was hyped for the Rich Hard song but Futuras voice ruined the whole song for me. Iwas hoping for a song like Blue or Take My Life...

Honorable mentions:
Hotblade - Manifold Love (for using a word I love in my language because no one used it for a century)

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 20 May 2015, 08:27

I'm currently listening to this album for the first time. I'm on the Futura track. It's been a really solid album so far. Renews my faith a bit. Haven't heard a track that I've fallen in love with or would consider classic/timeless. But a good portion of the album is getting added to my EB playlist.