Super Eurobeat 233

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 04 Mar 2015, 08:26

Mindsweeper wrote:Well if it's sex appeal you want

Only confirmed track so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEoCSXXF9U
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Cy-Ro
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Cy-Ro » 04 Mar 2015, 08:36

Darkholme wrote:

I found Eurobeat, just because of that video. HEEHEHEH

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 04 Mar 2015, 17:33

I'm probably the only one who likes the today's covers much more than the old ones with laser effects or the even older dark ones. Also, I wouldn't like to see men on SEB covers, women faces just fit perfectly in my opinion.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 05 Mar 2015, 04:18

Cy-Ro wrote:
Darkholme wrote:

I found Eurobeat, just because of that video. HEEHEHEH

It should read "Everlasting Ass CRACKS" instead of "Tracks" lol

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 05 Mar 2015, 04:22

KiraTM wrote:I'm probably the only one who likes the today's covers much more than the old ones with laser effects or the even older dark ones. Also, I wouldn't like to see men on SEB covers, women faces just fit perfectly in my opinion.
Sexualizing only women on the SEB covers has gone too far now.

Go figure, the covers for SEB are made BY Japanese if anybody actually takes the time to read the photography credits on the actual albums. (even though today's covers are all stock photos, I'm talking about the ones in the past with real models hired by Avex).

In contrast to the old vinyl covers from the actual labels themselves (Time, A-Beat-C, Delta, etc), which are made by Italians, and not Japanese, you will find plenty of male covers, and even drag queens and/or crossdressers on the covers. I do, however, still enjoy the old SEB covers made by the Japanese, since they do capture the same artistic spirit that the Italians did on their vinyl covers, however, it would be nice to see the Japanese try what the Italians did in regards to using males as well.

Female fans as well as gay men would love to see some men on the covers, just like the vinyl covers from the good old days of Eurobeat.

It would be nice for everybody to at least feel included. Avex should take a hint from the Italians in regards to their covers. We all know no matter how bad people might think this may be, the fact is that that sex sells, and influences buyers, some more than others.
Again, just another wrong marketing choice for Avex, in my opinion.
WAKE UP AVEX! IT'S 2015 ALREADY!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 05 Mar 2015, 15:14

synthjunkie wrote:Sexualizing only women on the SEB covers has gone too far now.

Go figure, the covers for SEB are made BY Japanese if anybody actually takes the time to read the photography credits on the actual albums (…)

In contrast to the old vinyl covers from the actual labels themselves (…) you will find plenty of male covers, and even drag queens and/or crossdressers on the covers. I do, however, still enjoy the old SEB covers made by the Japanese, since they do capture the same artistic spirit that the Italians did on their vinyl covers (…)

Female fans as well as gay men would love to see some men on the covers, just like the vinyl covers from the good old days of Eurobeat.

It would be nice for everybody to at least feel included. Avex should take a hint from the Italians in regards to their covers. We all know no matter how bad people might think this may be, the fact is that that sex sells, and influences buyers, some more than others (…)
I highly agree with you.
It's 2015 already, no gender should be sexualized, c'mon!
Although sex DO sells, I think that that "artistic" feel is much more deeper and meaningful than recent works… well, that's just me (and it also won't sell)

But the point is: as they use the same font, those female models on the covers became the compilation's identity. I thought that it was really great when they used a male model (best of 2010, if i'm not mistaken) and something MAYBE would change, but I was wrong. Hopefully, they'll break the "tradition" again someday or forever hahaha

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 05 Mar 2015, 15:27

Come on, you're exaggerating. Having only women on their cover doesn't have to do anything with sexualization. I mean, it's 2015, but that doesn't mean everything have to change in order to be non-discriminating or anything like that.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 05 Mar 2015, 23:25

33 and 38 had a man on them, but very obscured so people didn't notice. The only reason best of 2010 had a man and woman on it was obviously because there's a King as well as Queen side... Geddit :P

It's not like the Italian labels are not guilty of this in recent times. The covers on the Supereurobeat series that LED Records have put on itunes are more sexualised than anything on SEB nowadays. And Sinclairestyle uses weird moe girl images on their covers. But they are just cover art, no need to get so worked up over it and using it as an excuse to blame everything on avex.

More than I wanted to contribute on this topic, call me when the tracklist pops up.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Mar 2015, 02:59

Speaking for myself; Male models on the covers is just fine. I've done many myself, so long as they keep they remain tastefull.

That asscrack Super Eurobutt cover just wasn't tastefull.

tastefull is more like this

or this:

or even this

no ass cracks :P

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 06 Mar 2015, 06:13

Dude are you blind? That Dead or Alive one has (a very nice) asscrack. I hope you didn't take my SUPER EUROBUTT cover seriously, it was just a silly joke :P

Also I want to clarify, when I was complaining about "lol sex appeals" it wasn't about sexualization. I just hate generic and unimaginative covers, and throwing a pretty girl (or boy) staring vacantly on a cover with minor edits is unimaginative as hell. The darker 90s SEB covers had a lot of sexy ladies but they were usually a little creative at the very least.

SinclaireStyle's moeshit covers of late tick me off for the same reason. Bug-eyed animu girls ripped straight from a VN are a dime a dozen *yaaaawnnn*

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 06 Mar 2015, 21:26

Mindsweeper wrote: I just hate generic and unimaginative covers, and throwing a pretty girl (or boy) staring vacantly on a cover with minor edits is unimaginative as hell. The darker 90s SEB covers had a lot of sexy ladies but they were usually a little creative at the very least.
Couldn't agree more. Even though I feel that even some of the older covers have been sexualized, most of them actually had some type of artistic quality to it, whether in the odd faces, or strange make-up worn, or strange situations/poses the ladies were put in the photos doing.

Now it's just pretty faces, and not much else, making them look too submissive and stupid. Maybe this is what today's Japanese want on their covers?
Mindsweeper wrote: SinclaireStyle's moeshit covers of late tick me off for the same reason. Bug-eyed animu girls ripped straight from a VN are a dime a dozen *yaaaawnnn*
I agree that SinclaireStyle's recent anime covers suck really bad, but I feel that he puts them on because many fans of Eurobeat find it through anime and it helps sell better this way.

I love anime (seriously, I do!), but I really do not want to see it on my eurobeat covers at all.

However, I can totally understand it from a marketing point of view why SS is doing this. We need more switch ups of covers to keep all the eurobeat fans happy. (ie. some anime to keep those fans happy, old classic style covers for those fans, new styles for newer fans, etc, etc)

It's the same way in how there needs to be more variety in the music as well to keep all the fans alive (aishu style, more 80's style, fast aggresive style, a bit of everything for everybody!)

The last album was way too happy hardcorish, and even though it will keep those people happy, what about the rest of the fan base? I think the albums need to have much more variety in them.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 06 Mar 2015, 23:19

I love anime too. I personally think anime eurobeat covers can be awesome as long as they aren't super generic (like all of SS's recent covers :P). I loved all the euromach covers, the art style of the girls was pretty anime but also unique and dynamic.

I was also fond of the HiNRG Attack covers drawn by maki-ubermach. Clearly anime influenced without being generic "ANIMU" stuff

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Mar 2015, 07:28

Dude are you blind? That Dead or Alive one has (a very nice) asscrack. I hope you didn't take my SUPER EUROBUTT cover seriously, it was just a silly joke Razz
So was I, but it's Pete Burns so I guess it's ok and still kinda tastefuill.

anyway, I'm way ahead of you of those crappy animi covers. I hate em. I only like gorey animi.Therefore I remade Nathalie's sleeve cover. ala artful and colourfull. I also prefer the darker SEB covers as I 've stated before.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 07 Mar 2015, 23:31

Mindsweeper wrote:"lol sex appeals"
I had to
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 08 Mar 2015, 00:18

^ THAT'S SUPER TASTEFUL ISN'T IT DRNRG?