Songs/Albums that you hate at first, but love later.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Songs/Albums that you hate at first, but love later.

Post by WNight » 24 Apr 2015, 16:44

(Inspired from milachan's comment on 233).

I'm sure we all have that ONE (or more) song or album, that we absolutely hate at first but grew on you and you just came to love it after that. It can also be songs that you never thought in your life that you would like, the track you WANT to hate but you just do can't for some reason. What's yours? I'll start first with my top guilty pleasure of all time:

Pararappa Dance / Kiki & Fancy

I am not one for these "child-like", happy and bubbly tracks, especially from Kiki & Fancy, one of the most "happy" duos ever, but for some reason, this song just lifts my mood every time I hear it, which to me is a huge deal because I normally get very annoyed by them. I still don't "love" this song, but it's just "fun" to hear, and that's in a ways "scary" to me.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 24 Apr 2015, 17:24

That song is hella cute but, yeah, I pretty much understand your feelings… weird peculiarities of the eurobeat world hahahaha
I'm going deep in my confession here…

PARAPARA MAX

I got in touch with it because of the parapara video, okay. That one that covered the first volume of the series, lots of famous anime covers by Yoko Ishida and the hype was real. The thing is: it was f*cking annoying to even listen her voice and how "bad" those remixes were! I remember I got the whole series one day but spent years without even opening the music folders… things changed when I started a project around the end of last year and started to listen those regularly (even spinoffs as the Mecha one with that meme music because yes). So… in the end… I went from listen only a few tracks from volume 1 because of parapara to listen the complete series + spinoff everyday all day feeling hopelessly in love with it.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 24 Apr 2015, 19:43

Leslie Parrish-Killing My Love (only when it's pitched up a bit though)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Apr 2015, 07:30

Since I've evolved a lot as a person since I began listening to eurobeat in November 2006, I have a ton of these, but the most immediate example for me is Burning Like Fire by Dave Rodgers featuring Alex De Rosso. It was originally on my bottom 10 songs of the 190's, but has since grown to be one of my favorite A-Beat C tracks of all time. I really don't understand why I found it so boring the first time I heard it; the only explanation I have is that I had a cold and a knee injury at the time I received my copy of SEB 195, so I wasn't in the right mindset to appreciate the song. I'm unsure whether I prefer the song to Beat of the Rising Sun, but it's certainly up there.

As for albums, I'm not sure if I truly hated any eurobeat albums before adoring their track lists, but I can say I wasn't originally a huge fan of SEB 94 or Euromach 2, but now think they're great.

Delta
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Delta » 25 Apr 2015, 15:43

Personally, every eurobeat songs has their own sound ;) but I really thought that recordings from Time Records (from the end of 1992 to 1993) sound harsh and rude (not lyrics), as they were not well-shortened in some SEB discs :???:

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 25 Apr 2015, 16:55

Rich Hard's Wild Boys for sure

I just needed time to process it I guess.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Apr 2015, 03:38

The most recent guilty pleasyre I can remember liking that is eons away from the style I usually like is

Mom & Dad - Kiss My Boo Boo (sinclaire style)

Everything about this track is silly. The artist name, song title. You name it. Still somehow I really ended up enjoying it. It actually only took me a few listens. That's what makes it stand out so in my library of guilty pleasures. Another factor was; that back then, I didn't care for the new Sinclaire style label either, but as fate would have it, Sinclaire Style has turned to be one of my favourites on the new SEB series. All in All; I think "Kiss My Boo Boo" was sign that I was gonna really gonna go nuts for Sinclaire's new label in the near future.

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 27 Apr 2015, 02:38

Pararappa Dance / Kiki & Fancy
Also the others with Kika featuring Goofy DJ.
I don't know if that Goofy was one of my favourite cartoon characters gone Eurobeat. Especially "I Wanna Play Guitar" which I laughed it off at first, but over time, it has released its childish vibe which I have gone crazy for.
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Songs/Albums that you hate at first, but love later.

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 01 Apr 2019, 21:31

Like I said in the other thread, there was never a Eurobeat-song, that I hated first, but loved later. Songs I didn't like, I never heard them again. OK, maybe I heard them some time later again, but this doesn't change anything. It doesn't help, if I hear the same song again and again. If I keep hearing the same song that I don't really like, then it can happen, that I will hate the song even more than I already do. And that should not happen. But in that sense, it rarely happens. I can't give now a example, when something like that happens. Better hear your favorites!^^