My"Best Of EB 2016"Mix:Discussion&trackSelect

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 25 Nov 2016, 07:04

Lebon14 wrote:I'd love to mix your songs but... 3:30?! geez man... You don't help me at all with those lengths... >.<
When you have to opportunity to be able to talk to the artist, you can always ask for an extended version, the worst thing that can happen is that the artist says no. ;)
When I launched my Patreon some people asked me to create versions of my songs that are more compatible for DJing. Shorter versions are still better to grab the attention of people on YouTube.
Lebon14 wrote:As for the advertisement, it's pretty hard to advertise it in general because the CDs are stuck to Japan. You need a forwarder and it'll most likely, even though the retail price for the CD is cheaper than SEB, being more expensive than SEB. Also, a lot of those eurobeat tracks, if it's not on Toho Eurobeat, is a 1-track thing amongst 9 other tracks that has nothing to do with Eurobeat. That's why I tried my best to link videos of stuff I followed through the year in the original posts and even added a download link for missing tracks except for Kono Sekai No Side-Story (Which I just got Tuesday which is on the Lunatic Scarlet maxi-single from A-One).
There are enough indie musicians who tried advertising here but got almost no reactions at all while every new SEB gets more than 10 pages of discussion. That's not very motivating for an artist. Even constructive criticism will be appreciated a lot, but when there's nothing at all, then it's better to focus your time and energy on stuff that actually works. Most indie artists don't have advertisers who take care of such things, so every hour spent for marketing is an hour less spent for creating music.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 25 Nov 2016, 15:18

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Nov 2016, 01:59

Alright.
So, I decided that every song I voted for, in SEB, to be worth 3 points. And then everyone of you guys worth 1 point. 3 points for my vote is NOT overwhelming! You guys just have to vote for a song all together that I did not vote to make a difference!

So, after having compiled myself and 3 other entries, here are all the songs with at least 4 points.

237:
Nitrofire
Fortune Teller
Strawberry Heart
Wake Up Everybody With Cupid

238:
Hero
Firegun
Baby Baby
Shoot!
Fun!
Kiss Again
Hysteria

239:
Restarted Tonight
We Rock'em All
Made Out Of Fire

241:
I Love You From My Soul
I'm Back
Night Rider
Let's Dance
Bang My Heart
Face Down
(Total: 21 ;; total to be chosen by myself: 4)

Popular votes! Songs with 2 or more votes I didn't vote for! If any of these (or those that have 1 or no votes) get more than 4 points, then, they'll move above!
* The Men Burning Wild (2)
* Boom Boom Booster (2)
* Forbidden Love (2)
* Let Me Fly On Tokyo Night (3)
* Babe I Know (2)
* Fallen Angel (2)

For doujin/indie, I'm left to myself apparently. Nobody even willing to listen on youtube...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 28 Nov 2016, 07:56

Lebon14 wrote: For doujin/indie, I'm left to myself apparently. Nobody even willing to listen on youtube...
I didn't expect anything else here.

I didn't have the time to listen to all of the mentioned songs yet and it's difficult to make a judgement in such a short time. If you give me a week or two, I can give you my votes.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 28 Nov 2016, 20:56

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 20 Dec 2017, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 28 Nov 2016, 21:22

eXtaticus wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:For doujin/indie, I'm left to myself apparently. Nobody even willing to listen on youtube...
As long as the TEB and Euro Baka Ichidai tracks I requested get in, it's all good. ;P
Oh... Um... I actually didn't see them because they weren't in a list; they were all bunched up together.
As for other peoples's tracks I'd like in the mix: Baby Blue and Natsu Iro Star Mine from Euro Baka Ichidai Vol.6, as well as anything produced by NMK (if you can find his stuff in lossless).

As far as TEB goes, I'd like Space Cowgirl, Recover the Future, and Sono Mukou No Sekai E from Fuu, and Discover the Life, Uncover the Universe, and Purest from Hi.
Alright. I have some NMK stuff but the only thing extended I got is from Sugano's Euobeat Festival Vol.1. I have Toho Euro Night Vol.1 but that's a mix.

So easy list for me:
Baby Blue / Rey
Natsu Iro Star Mine / Nu-Ko
Space Cowgirl / Mamemi
Recover The Future (Eurobeat Style) / Aki & Yukina
Sono Mukou No Sekai E / Koshida Rute Takahito & Aki
Discover The Life / Koshida Rute Takahito & Aki
Uncover The Universe (Eurobeat Style) / Aki & Yukina
Purest / Odyssey

@Anthony I can wait a bit but not too much. I have to get things ready by January 1st and, there's a lot to do!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 29 Nov 2016, 02:29

Last edited by xiao on 02 Jan 2018, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 29 Nov 2016, 09:20

Okay, I try to listen to all of the remaining stuff this week. I already got some favourites, so even if I can't listen to all, I will list these.

Edit:
I think tomorrow I will be able to post a list.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 30 Nov 2016, 09:24

So, here is my list. I allowed myself to include votes for my own songs too, still I voted for more Koshida Rute Takahito songs than my own. LOL

David Mansfield - Heart in Action (I'm not a fan of the vocalist, but the melody, arrangement and overall production are great)
Cocoa - Lunatic Doll
Nagao Chiemi - Excite Love!!
Akinari - Going My Way
Rey - Baby Blue
Anthony McBazooka - Hyperspeed out of Control (my first attempt to sing a Touhou song – this song made an impact for some Japanese Eurobeat fans because it was also something special to have a European singer on a Sugano production, so I think this song has some importance)
Shironegi - Boukyou No Ten, Oboro No Tsuki
NMK - Blazing Burst!
Koshida Rute Takahito & Aki - Lunatic Scarlet
Koshida Rute Takahito - Fantastic World
Aki - Link You!!
Koshida Rute Takahito - Izanagi Phrase (mostly because of the synth solo, so if you take the song, include the solo!)
Koshida Rute Takahito & Aki - Wonderful Occultism
Koshida Rute Takahito & Aki - Discover The Life
Nanahira - Take Your Chance
Koshida Rute Takahito & Mii - Real x Real
Aki & Yukina - Uncover The Universe (Eurobeat Style)
Anthony McBazooka - Getaway
Nakae Yume - The Grimoire Of Knowledge
Tachibana Kanon - Twilight
Anthony McBazooka - Bomberman (my first composition on a release by someone else, also a debut for Xiao as a lyrics writer for a release)
Koshida Rute Takahito & Meramipop - Real Dream
Shironegi - Cloudy Sky
Beniko - Way To The Heaven
Gotoh Haruki - Go Go Go!
FN2 Feat. Nagao Chiemi - Light Of Hope
Nana Takahashi - Astro Dreamer
eXtaticus - All We Can Do (I still don't like the autotuned vocals but the overall production quality is getting better and the song has a really nice melody)
Super Ponybeat - Luna's Future (Euro Cast Mix) ft. Odyssey
Anthony McBazooka - Coupe d’Europe (this song is the start of a new series of game arrange Eurobeat which isn't Touhou stuff)

I could have listed the entire album Eurobeat Festival vol. 1 because it's completely awesome. For me it is – also without my songs – the Eurobeat album of the year (yes, it's even better than the SEBs, although 238 has so many great songs) and I'm really proud to be part of this album. It's especially interesting because I think the Touhou Eurobeat Arrange vol. 8 isn't that great overall.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Nov 2016, 21:48

Thanks Anthony for the input. That helps tremendously.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 01 Dec 2016, 10:56

Sorry to be late on this one.

237 :

Kaioh - Nitrofire
J-Stark - Lady Taxi Driver
Paul Harris - You're Not Alone
Leo River - Prince Of The Night
Dream Fighters - Dance For Love

238 :

Ace - I'll Never Break
Vicky Vale - Firegun
Jager - Fun
Pamsy - All Over Me
Les, Ana & Roberta - Kiss Again
Manuel - Hysteria

239 :

The entire album is good actually, sorry can't choose.

241 :

Luke - Street Fighter
Rich Hard - Night Rider
Dima & Nam - L.O.V.E.
Roberta - Burning In The Rain
Megan - Bang My Heart

As for indie/doujin, sorry can't help you there, I can count on one hand the number of indie/doujin eurobeat I liked throughout the years. I did gave a listen to the ones you listed, some had great melodies but the hyper-ness of the doujin euro and most of the time, vocals just sort of ruined it for me, so I'll pass.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 01 Dec 2016, 12:23

WNight wrote: As for indie/doujin, sorry can't help you there, I can count on one hand the number of indie/doujin eurobeat I liked throughout the years. I did gave a listen to the ones you listed, some had great melodies but the hyper-ness of the doujin euro and most of the time, vocals just sort of ruined it for me, so I'll pass.
The hyper-ness is the thing I love the most about it. But I can agree a bit on the vocal thing. There are some great vocalists like Koshida Rute Takahito and Cocoa but there are also singers who … well … could be better. I was surprised about Beniko, on Touhou Eurobeat Arrange vol. 8 she sounds totally out of tune but on Eurobeat Festival vol. 1 she totally nails it.
On SEB there are some vocalists who just sound average but they're never out of tune. Avex is very strict about it and that's a good thing for sure.

But you really should give at least Eurobeat Festival vol. 1 a try.

BlindedVanguard573
Eurocurious

Post by BlindedVanguard573 » 01 Dec 2016, 14:06

Wow, I just now saw this thread LOL. I can easily give you a lossless of one of my remixes, just let me know which one you'd like!
https://soundcloud.com/bvg_music
I post my eurobeat songs here!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 01 Dec 2016, 15:23

BlindedVanguard573 wrote:Wow, I just now saw this thread LOL. I can easily give you a lossless of one of my remixes, just let me know which one you'd like!
k, then I'm gonna add:
BVG music - Super Mario Bros. 2 - Character Select/World Clear ~BVG euro arrange~
BVG music - Super Cookiebeat - Primeval Jungle ~BVG euro arrange~
BVG music – Power Rangers Dino Charge Theme Song ~BVG euro arrange~

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 01 Dec 2016, 16:16

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
BlindedVanguard573 wrote:Wow, I just now saw this thread LOL. I can easily give you a lossless of one of my remixes, just let me know which one you'd like!
BVG music – Power Rangers Dino Charge Theme Song ~BVG euro arrange~
Gotta admit. This one's amazing. So, I'll choose that one.

For Extaticus, I was looking at the other two tracks. lol. (Take Your Breath Away and Wonderful Day)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!