Subject matter in songs

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Subject matter in songs

Post by Kat » 16 Aug 2017, 19:34

But Paul Lekakis is gay lol :P and that's the best song about sex ever
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 16 Aug 2017, 20:17

Kat wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:17
Crockett wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:14
Kat wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 18:51Frank Torpedo is the king and I've read about that he's gay.On one website damn
Coincidence that this title been posted on the 1st page of this topic by you ? :D Of course you forgot...

Shame. :( Before you write something about deceased man and his private life, before you attach to someone's music crappy, gossipy comment, please check it 10 times. I want to believe that you invented this, instead there is really a page with such information.
http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=20864&st=50
I'm always extremely angry about 2 matters:

1. Rumors.

The source was some quite young dude doesn't live in Italy, Holland either Japan, who said this several years after Frank Torpedo death. As you can see, he wasn't totally aware of that according to the text in 2006, when indeed only very few persons staying close to labels and fan clubs had an idea what is going on, especially with Gino Caria, one of the most mysterious producers and vocalists ever. For you reliable source to repeat "He is gay", however he isn't, because he is dead.

And how can be surprised yet, if I rely exclusively on Italians or Japanese to find out the Eurobeat history reading the beginnings of Eurobeat exploring abroad... :|

2. Neutrality of music.

Eurobeat as the dance genre is for common entertainment, connecting people, men and ladies, not assigning it in any way to sexual minorities, selected communities regarding their life style. This is my interpretation. Thread you linked seems to be already a little biased, what has been expressed in case of Frank Torpedo... As far as my memory reaches, Eurobeat artists had and still have wifes and husbands, they are straight, and don't impose this fact on music and others, because it's private.

Bratt Sinclaire has a wife, but a bunch of fans might think different, as me earlier. He keeps the creation far from house and that's an good advice for all of us.
Last edited by Crockett on 19 Aug 2017, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Aug 2017, 01:54

Jesus christ, Crockett. Chill. Stop taking everything so seriously. This thread on IDW is 11 years old.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 17 Aug 2017, 09:07

Lebon14 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 01:54 Jesus christ, Crockett. Chill. Stop taking everything so seriously. This thread on IDW is 11 years old.
Maybe you're right.

Bringing back "news" from 11 years old topic is her choice, but the worst, she believes in every shit like in Holy Bible, thrown by anonymous fan on forum far from Eurobeat market and studios, and then she shares again. Is Discogs too difficult as the database :?
Kat wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 19:34 But Paul Lekakis is gay lol :P and that's the best song about sex ever
What's your point ? Since when exists a sticky rule combining the lyrics writer and singer ? If you would make a step forward except YouTube browsing, you would know who is the author of music and text of each track, including Frank Torpedo "Bang Bang" - hetero guy and woman. :)

Sex was the subject present in all labels, I feel as you're close to statement telling that all gays and only them used sex thread in Eurobeat. :!:
Last edited by Crockett on 18 Aug 2017, 13:35, edited 3 times in total.

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 17 Aug 2017, 10:57

Carrying on with lewd songs. On the Euro Baka Ichidai - ユーロバカ一代 Vol. 7: DIABLO=MESSIAH - Monica
I'm not gonna post the lyrics here because they are not very subtile. :D

I'd really like to know who the singer is, he sounds familiar to me because I know that he's Maria♂Polo too.
But their discogs entry is empty, so does anyone have an idea?

sethreed
Eurobeat Boom

Post by sethreed » 17 Aug 2017, 14:51

Well, you can be angry if he isn't OPEN about that, because it's wrong to "outing" someone. It's a private information.
But, if it was a public information, why bother? There is Eurobeat artists who are gay, who are married, they are pretty open about that.
If you're angry because you think being called "gay" is something to be ashamed off, well
I hope isn't that.

Anyway:
https://www.discogs.com/artist/925862-Massimo-Maglione
He was a drag queen called Billy More AND one of the Max Coveri vocals.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 17 Aug 2017, 15:15

sethreed wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 14:51But, if it was a public information, why bother?

Anyway:
https://www.discogs.com/artist/925862-Massimo-Maglione
He was a drag queen called Billy More AND one of the Max Coveri vocals.
"Public information" in the period when barely several fans and collectors from Europe started complementing Discogs isn't: "I heard bla bla bla"... Such things should be never mentioned and repeated as pure rumors, because that's nobody's business and point on view on Eurobeat - music where never been neither celebrities spied by photographers of tabloids to publish their life peripeteia.

It's clearly visible nowadays, how some ex and still active Eurobeat artists distancing themselves, except a bit in Japan they remain private, wider unknown persons and like this status. What kind of interest is dissemination of gossips about a man who 2 years ago hadn't yet even one good quality photo in the database ? I cling strong to the affair due to more past cases in Eurobeat.

Collborating with Gino Caria names forgot the exact date of his passing while I wanted to ensure myself, whereas ordinary fan over 10 years ago suggested his sexuality as if well informed... Ridiculous treating and speaking of Eurobeat has begun indisputably from a few among the new generation of non-japanese listeners.

Ok, long time ago, anyway how much of similar fakes might've been spreaded ?

I won't explain you my feelings to Eurobeat, contact with artists and so on. What goes beyond "healthy" relation, friendship and respect is to put hands too far... For sure many fans would prefer to aviod the untruth and dilemmas like sexual orientation of their mysterious idol.

Hope I expressed well my thoughts. :)

This Max Coveri is real Max Coveri - voice of the most of songs, on his own album, model and producer. :) Other stuff were single episodes under his name, so called projects. Massimo Brancaccio was true artist in many roles.

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 24 Aug 2017, 19:06

youtu.be/Tu3prnT3ctg
Young and lusty
People say about me
Young and nasty
Yes I'm really bad
But once you try you can never go back
To books and boredom
Stay the night at home