Upcoming Indie & Doujin eurobeat releases!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Upcoming Indie & Doujin eurobeat releases!

Post by alpines » 08 Sep 2018, 18:58

Lebon14 wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 22:55It feels like there's no energy. The original Monica is agressive AF but then, in HT, it sounds slower. *checks BPMs*
Alright, my stuff arrived today and let's see how it will turn out. Ripping rn. (11am)

I'm sure I'll start liking other tracks once I listen multiple times to these but this is my first impression so far:

Toho Eurobeat Vol. 18 地霊殿
  • BEAT INFULLENCER - ImageImageImage Nothing more to say to that, Rute & Aki are killing it - King & Queen of J-Euro!
  • Here I Am - :? I think I said it sometime before but his kicks or bass (or whatever it's called) is so hard. I dunno, vocals and melody are fine but I get headache from the bass. On other songs (Sugano's Stebbins Arrangements or other Euro) it is hard too but a bit longer so it sounds smoother?
  • TRAUMA - :( I don't like dubstep in songs, even if it's just tiny parts. The beginning of Axel K.'s Flowering Fantasia is the most I can take.
  • Beat me - :) Nothing special, it's alright.
  • MELO☆MELO MELTDOWN !! - Image Love it! Sounds cute with so many vocalists. Shake, shake, shake it up tonight \(^_^)/
  • Super EGO - :) NAGISA back on TEB after a very long time (4 years if I'm not mistaken). But all I hear is Pa-ra-no-i-aaaahhhhh ><
  • Festival Anima - ImageImageImage Woww, Rute! I have the same feeling when I heard Flower Doll on TEB 17. Slow songs? Yes please!
    タガタメニカエルナク on TEB 18. Fast songs? Yes please! Love him, he just masters everything!! Festiiivaaaaaaaal, Aaaaniiiimaaaaaa~~
The arrangements on BEAT INFULLENCER and Festival Anima are superb!

Euro Baka Ichidai Vol. 11
  • LET'S GO OUT! (Special Lead Single) - Image Thank god I got this promo cd, the song is gooooooooood.
  • HARUTO - :D At first I didn't like it but turns out, it's actually quite decent.
  • STAY WITH ME - :) Sounds good. The guitar riff is also nice, usually I don't like these so much.
  • SHAKIN' LOVE - :) Whoa! Whoa! (Can't have enough of these vocal fx) The verses are awesome but the chorus sounds so boring.
    Don't stop music all night. Don't stop music all night. Meh, it's a shame because the melody is not too bad.
  • FANTASTIC WORLD - :) Melody sounds similar to Festival Anima but Akinari makes something different from the same mood. It's quite good, like it!
  • SHINING GO YOUR WAY - :) Not much to say about this, it's decent.
  • HEART ON FIRE - Image 荒巻's vocals on Take Off (EBI10) was incredible, and he proves it once again. Hopefully we will see more from him and okogeeechan because they make a great duo. The arrangement, damn, just magnificent and the guitar rounds it all up. Very well done!
  • Rainbow dream - :) Which anime was this ripped from? Like seriously, you could literally cut out the chorus and make an intro from it.
  • SECRET MOON [Hyper Techno Mix] - :cry: God this is slow oO. If you listen to this the original pops in your head and this mix is inferior. The tempo and melody of the original is just on top of that. Even the crowd (from the EBI 9 disc) goes insane.
  • EXCITE LOVE!! [Hyper Techno Mix] - :) Not bad! Definitely not bad! I quite like this one.
  • LABYRINTH [Hyper Techno Mix] - :( No thank you. Melody is ok but doesn't fit at all to the vocals.
  • MONICA [Hyper Techno Mix] - :( The vocals are not as pumping as before. All of the song's energy is gone.
  • GET IT NOW! [Hyper Techno Mix] - :( Melody is great but it doesn't fit!
It's sad to see that these mixes are so bad, but this isn't the fault of missing talent by FN2 / DJ Command (both are very talented to say the least).
No, it's just that these songs are so much eurobeat that these are incredibly hard or impossible to make an equivalent or better HT mix.
Both of them have proven that they are very much capable of delivering incredible HT tunes.

Take a look on Virtuous Suicide (157 BPM) (Raver's Nest 1) for example:
The same sample ('We can jump when the beat gets rough, dancing like a rising sun...') fits exactly perfect in this song.
It is spot on and keeps pace with the song.
The part after this is INCREDIBLE: "(sample) ... get on the floor. (peЯoco.) In the night freak me out beating my..." and the melody gets highlighted when the verse ends every time. THIS my friends, THIS is hyper techno at its BEST.

Virtuous Suicide has no eurobeat origin so it's basically from scratch and that's why it is so good.
You make something completely new and don't try to squeeze an already shaped song into some other form.
This is not to say you can't make remixes but you probably get the idea.

HYPER STRiKE Vol. 1

Now now... my Hyper Strike selection is complete, aside from Red Stream (I don't like speed rave) I should have every release from NJ zEn.
HS 1 - 7, HRS 1 + 2, UD and every single one was worth it's money.

There's not much to say about the tracks on this release to be honest, but this release marks the birth of Hyper Strike, the only circle that seriously focusses on Hyper Techno music (besides DW partially). I'm happy that I discovered this circle by accident and now it's one of my main ones. Hoping to see many many more releases in the future!

Broken The Disco is your typical NJ zEn song (not saying that it's bad, in fact quite the opposite) and the rest is decent too.

He made the wisest decision in his life - to pull uma into the mix.
I just can't express how good uma is in producing Hyper Techno and Trance music.
He's my probably my favorite of all time. Shortly after comes NJ zEn, brz, the椅子 and Francisco Gaitán. (Not counting SCP here of course).

Absolute Zero.Five

Hate me but generally I don't like rock music at all. But this is something different, it's Rute! :D
I'm not gonna go into the detail for each guitar riff because they are ALL just out of this world.
  • Regret - ImageImageImage What a masterpiece. Only problem is that it's way too short. Everytime I listen to the piano I get goosebumps, and in combination with his voice at the end. Wowww!
  • 未来を刻むLetter - Image God this is good shit.
  • トモシビ - Image WHY ARE THESE SONGS SO SHORT???
  • 残酷なINVITATION - Image What can I say?
  • Swallow night - Image Masterpiece. Nothing more to say to that.

東方 Miracle Eurobeat Vol. 1
  • 星と涙のミチシルベ - Image Yaaay, nmk is on the right way. Fast paced eurobeat (we are measuring 178 BPM here!) is what I love.
  • R.E.D. retaliation - :???: Why sneak that dubstep in there? Come on...
  • Spring Emotion - :) Cute voice, decent vocals, good melody. Like it.
  • masquerade night - :D Eurobeat combined with Hardstyle and it sounds good? What? I'm speechless!
  • Keep My Way - :???: Is that dubstep/trap what I hear in the background? Vocals and melody don't seem to blend in together too well.
  • 桜 -Dance a Moment- - :D Rounds off everything, not as good as the first but definitely above average! But has dubstep parts too.

東方 Miracle Eurobeat Vol. 2
  • Light's BASTARD - ImageImageImage We don't deserve such a good song from nmk. Absolute savage.
    Also 178 bpm, seems like this is the magic number for nmk.
  • REVENGE the oblivion - Image Damn.
  • Bites of Love - :) Not bad, that's all I can say.
  • Lonely Lonely - :???: Guess who made this arrangement? If you can endure the dubstep-/trap-like part the song is overall very relaxing but the dubstep parts are ruining it for me to be honest. Without them the song would've been so much better.
  • blowing up - Image This melody and what is this - hardstyle in between?
  • enticement poisoin - :D Like it especially when the kicks highlight the vocals but the jump part is way too hard for me.
  • Vol. 1 Nonstop - :D Actually a neat idea, Crazy Beats does it from the same volume and nmk (well Sato. actually) from the last volume.

Raver's Nest 9
  • EXTRA PARTY TIME - Image Great start to the CD!
  • Imagination world - Image \(^_^)/ Woww, this is one energetic happy tune. Excellent!
  • parallel world dub story - Image Fantastic melody, 花たん vocals. Digital Wing going to town so far!
  • Owen Let's GO!! - Image I remember using the words *cheap* on this song. Not really as it turns out, the CD version sounds great.
  • Ghost Ship on Fire - Image This song could've been on the Hyper Rave Symdrome series! Love it!
  • ユメノカケラ ソラノイロ - Image Cute vocals, airy melody, great song.
  • Justify the End - Image The melody shouldn't be so edgy? But damn the vocals are incredible, they make up for the melody for sure.
  • ASCENSION DRIV - Image Great vocals, great melody, everything just fits perfectly.
  • EXTRA PARTY TIME (DJ katsu CLUB REMIX) - Image No brainer.
I can't believe it, Digital Wing has released probably the best Raver's Nest volume so far!
Incredible tunes, incredible vocals, very well done!!

As you guys might have seen the comments became a bit shorter each album, that's because I've been ripping for 12 hours (it's almost 11pm now).
I won't be going through Montage Green because most of the songs are just flat out crazy good and a few years old, nothing new.

All in all I'm very happy and thank you Lebon for posting 東方Miracle Eurobeat! I'll definitely keep that in mind, nmk is crushing it there.
Looking forward to Vol. 3!

Oh.. and before I forget: AXEL.K PLEASE COME BACK :cry:
Last edited by alpines on 09 Sep 2018, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Sep 2018, 03:36

I told you the HT mixes on EBI11 were bad.
I'm still not interessed in Raver's Nest. Only will be getting the extended songs.

The only downside for Touhou Miracle Eurobeat is that the mastering is LOUD AS FUCK. There's no difference between loud and quiet in there.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 09 Sep 2018, 05:38

Lebon14 wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 03:36The only downside for Touhou Miracle Eurobeat is that the mastering is LOUD AS FUCK. There's no difference between loud and quiet in there.
I know, it's actually quite funny how Light's BASTARD looks on audacity:

But TEB and EBI also suffer from this issue, varying from release to release.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Sep 2018, 09:37

alpines wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 05:38 But TEB and EBI also suffer from this issue, varying from release to release.
TEB 9 and 10 are the worst in that domain. Otherwise, it's really not as bad.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 18 Sep 2018, 04:28

Eurobeat Festival Vol. 7.5 from SuganoMusic is for release at Autumn Reitaisai.
And here's the cover: https://twitter.com/strongestmelon/stat ... 3455073280

Includes remixes of early work with Travis such as Red Line.
Last edited by Lebon14 on 18 Sep 2018, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 18 Sep 2018, 08:14

Oh boy, one month to go although I thought it was in november.
Hoping to see more HT from Hyper Strike!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 26 Sep 2018, 10:02

And previews apparently start one month before events now, haha:

[K2E†Cradle] Black Magic Girl release 14.10 at Reitaisai.
https://soundcloud.com/cradle-ketsui/20 ... girlsample

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 26 Sep 2018, 20:58

Eurobeat Festival 7.5 up on Melonbooks for pre-order.
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/det ... _id=414903

01. Red Line 2018 / T.Stebbins
02. Look At Me (nmk Remix) / 橘花音
03. Maybe Tonight 2018 / 紅梔子
04. Final Blow (Tohru Kanai Mix) / T. Stebbins
05. My Only Star (Tanow Mix) / Shironegi
06. Eurobeat Is 4ever (Sugano Mix) / Setuna
07. Lost Promise (nmk Remix) / うちゅの鞠衣
08. Speedy Night (Sugano Mix) / nmk
09. Anthurium For Maiden (Sugano Mix) / Setuna
10. Getaway (Tokyo All Stars Mix) / McBazooka ("All Starts"?)
11. My Only Star (Tanow Mix) [Instrumental]
12. Final Blow (Tohru Kanai Mix) [Instrumental]
13. Speedy Night (Sugano Mix) [Instrumental]
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 02 Oct 2018, 08:37

I know this has nothing to do with eurobeat but I can't just not post this (found this by accident too!!):

[TEAM-Bearhug] TOHODAM IT! Vol. 1 released on 21.10.2018 at Tohou Kouroumu 14.
https://takedateambearhug.wixsite.com/tohodam-it
https://soundcloud.com/team-bearhug/toh ... tohodam-it

Although the title is kinda lame in my opinion it is definitely worth posting.
I've been always out looking for new Hyper Techno stuff and a few months back somebody recommended me SPEEDKING PRODUCTIONS.
They released Speedking Vol. 1 - 5 (and some other stuff, not gonna talk about it though) which was full of Death Techno, Breakbeat, and other similar genres.
There I started to like Death Techno a lot (and some of the Hyper Strike tracks are in fact Death Techno).

Hopefully they will carry on with their first release because it actually quite good even though it is not Hyper Techno which I like more.
We need more Techno stuff on events like Comiket, Reitaisai and M3.

Oh, before I forget: Track 1 is from uma Image

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 06 Oct 2018, 12:28

東方MIRACLE EUROBEAT Vol. 3 released at Aki Reitaisai (14.10)

youtu.be/ywXrGQctP5s

Last track by uma soo rad! Image

We also have Dub-Mix Collection Vol. 4 from EBU but that's more for mixing I assume:
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/det ... _id=419592

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 07 Oct 2018, 07:53

https://twitter.com/A_One_JP/status/1048196395155345408

We have singles from A-One:
"Give it a Like" (TEB 20)
"Re:START" (Eurobeat Attack!! 2)

I assume that they will be releasing the singles now and the full albums at C95 later this year.
Glad to see we have a second volume of Eurobeat Attack.

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 08 Oct 2018, 09:36

TTL Eurobeat Vol. 11 released 28.10 at M3

youtu.be/zi-WYBVVXmw
___
Oh, Lebon, do you mind adding Silver Forest to the list on the front topic? Forgot it last time when mentioning K2E Cradle.
Their "Super Forest Beat" series contains just about only eurobeat.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Silver_Forest
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZEvX ... 4a0JAZqjmw

Leader is NYO from what I could make out here:
http://www.silver--forest.com/about.htm

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Oct 2018, 17:00

Great news for those that doesn't care about CDs!
Starting October 14, ALL Zun albums, EPs... everything will be up on iTunes and Google Play*. THEN, as a bonus, a selection of popular doujin music circles will be available too! Which includes Toho Eurobeat (in its entirety!).

You can check the stuff that will be made avilable on iTunes and Google Play here:
https://touhou-music.jp/

Circles like A-One, Digital Wing, Alstroemeria Records, Sound Holic, Iosys, Cool & Create, etc. will be available!

At this point, you must be telling yourself... there must be a catch right?

Just a minor one!

AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE but with no possibility of streaming. File purchases only.

* The official Touhou games never received a soundtrack. So, these are still game rips only. The fighting games does however and will be available.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by alpines » 12 Oct 2018, 18:49

Oh wow, these are some FANTASTIC news!!

I enjoy having physical discs in my hand (and will keep on buying them like this) but there sure are many people who are just afraid of going through the trouble with a forwarder and are fine with digital files only. Now many more people can enjoy awesome doujin music! :)

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 13 Oct 2018, 12:52

Best news ever for me !
I was on point to start an A-One CD collection, I hope it will not be too high-priced. :D

Edit : They're on iTunes at 1,200 JPY each release. They will be at 6,99 EUR !