[UPDATE - FALSE ALARM] Avex Group Places Export Ban

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

[UPDATE - FALSE ALARM] Avex Group Places Export Ban

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Feb 2017, 05:12

UPDATE: It does appear there was an update the day after I posted this, that clarifies Avex Mode and Avex Trax are not affected by this ban. Apologies for the alarmism and mixup.

From the update: CDJapan has clarified both through their Weibo account, English website, and through e-mail contact with customers that Avex’s product ban has only affected products under the Avex Pictures label. Other branches of Avex Group are not affected, such as those under avex trax artist– which include Kamen Rider soundtracks and singles.

However, the Tokusatsu Network staff and other customers have attempted to make purchases of other Avex products outside of Avex Pictures through Amazon Japan, and Amazon appears to be blanket banning all Avex products.

Amazon Japan has not made any clarifying updates on the nature of their sales of Avex Group products.

As of this update, Avex Group still has not made an official statement regarding the export ban.

[ORIGINAL POST: ]

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/02/ent ... -products/

Presented without additional commentary. Otherwise I'll fucking scream.
Last edited by zoupzuop2 on 19 Feb 2017, 20:30, edited 3 times in total.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

AL19
Eurobeat Boom

Post by AL19 » 15 Feb 2017, 07:23

...*Tries to say this as flatly as possible* What?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Feb 2017, 10:01

I'm pretty sure the ban only applies to Avex Pictures so SEB may be left untouched, for now. That being said, I am not even surprised, I'm willing to bet this is something they have wanted to do for a while now, just never gotten to it for who knows why and now they got it. The decision makers must be real xenophobic, even going as far as to alienate overseas Japanese. Good job I say.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 15 Feb 2017, 13:34

CALM DOWN

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT : Please Read Below.

Unfortunately, Avex Pictures, the publisher of popular anime titles such as "Yuri!!! on Ice" and "Osomatsu-san" and others is restricting exports of Blu-ray, DVD, and CD titles!!!
(do NOT concern figures and character goods).

This restriction has been applied to all online shops within Japan, including CDJapan.

In accordance to the restriction, majority of titles published by Avex Pictures will become unavailable for shipment outside of Japan as of the following time.

Restriction begins to apply at:
6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017

After the above indicated time, it will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan (it will not affect customers living in Japan)!

We would like to emphasize that this restriction applies only to titles published by Avex Pictures. It DOES NOT apply to any item from any avex trax artist.
So, to clarify which items will be restricted, the following indication will be displayed right on the product page.

However, all existing orders as well as all orders placed BEFORE the above indicated time will be shipped normally.

Source : http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/yuri_collection

Remember, SUPER EUROBEAT is avex trax

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Feb 2017, 14:20

Rain197 wrote:CALM DOWN

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT : Please Read Below.

Unfortunately, Avex Pictures, the publisher of popular anime titles such as "Yuri!!! on Ice" and "Osomatsu-san" and others is restricting exports of Blu-ray, DVD, and CD titles!!!
(do NOT concern figures and character goods).

This restriction has been applied to all online shops within Japan, including CDJapan.

In accordance to the restriction, majority of titles published by Avex Pictures will become unavailable for shipment outside of Japan as of the following time.

Restriction begins to apply at:
6:00PM (Japan Time UTC+9) on February 15, 2017

After the above indicated time, it will no longer be available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan (it will not affect customers living in Japan)!

We would like to emphasize that this restriction applies only to titles published by Avex Pictures. It DOES NOT apply to any item from any avex trax artist.
So, to clarify which items will be restricted, the following indication will be displayed right on the product page.

However, all existing orders as well as all orders placed BEFORE the above indicated time will be shipped normally.

Source : http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/yuri_collection

Remember, SUPER EUROBEAT is avex trax
Sure. But it bans ANY CDs from the SEB Presents Initial D. Because that's Avex Mode. And Avex Mode are anime soundtracks. Gotta use a forwarder for Initial Eurobeat soundtracks now!

Unfortunately, while Avex Trax is not banned per se, I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed to the whole Avex Group.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Rain197
Eurobeat Master

Post by Rain197 » 15 Feb 2017, 16:04

Lebon14 wrote:Sure. But it bans ANY CDs from the SEB Presents Initial D. Because that's Avex Mode. And Avex Mode are anime soundtracks. Gotta use a forwarder for Initial Eurobeat soundtracks now!

Unfortunately, while Avex Trax is not banned per se, I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed to the whole Avex Group.
THAT SUCK

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term. ... _language=

I wanted them... :cry:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Feb 2017, 16:15

Luckily you can find most of the Initial D songs on other albums except for a decent handful of exclusive songs.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 15 Feb 2017, 18:52

Last edited by xiao on 04 Jan 2018, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
🪐

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Feb 2017, 23:49

xiao wrote:Otaku Republic exports any CD or media from Japan via their request form.
And pay a premium.
Find a personal forwarder and SAVE a lot of cash. You just need to be patient. Rain knows of who I'm talking about (and you know too xiao).
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 17 Feb 2017, 07:59

If you use Amazon Japan, you're shit out of luck cause they've banned everything including SEBs. CDJapan and HMV appear to be ok though.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Feb 2017, 18:15

Shawaazu wrote:If you use Amazon Japan, you're shit out of luck cause they've banned everything including SEBs. CDJapan and HMV appear to be ok though.
Like I said, I think it's only a matter of time before Avex drops the ban hammer on all of their catalog.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » 17 Feb 2017, 21:11

Last edited by xiao on 04 Jan 2018, 11:21, edited 3 times in total.
🪐

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Feb 2017, 16:21

xiao wrote:
forum.eurobeat-prime.com wrote:~ crickets ~
Either people don't care or this forum has become SUPER SRS BSNS (RCR-voice) Image ~

I blame social media & growing up Image ~

*pshoooooo! escapes before being pitchforked to euro Valhalla (Eurohalla?)*
I care but Avex gonna do what Avex gonna do. And no point in getting it too twisted since there places other than Amazon to purchase the albums.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Feb 2017, 20:17

It does appear there was an update the day after I posted that. Apologies for the alarmism and mixup.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 20 Feb 2017, 00:01

zoupzuop2 wrote:It does appear there was an update the day after I posted that. Apologies for the alarmism and mixup.
It's just a matter of time… :neutral: