Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
User avatar
xiao
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Post by xiao » 09 Sep 2017, 23:04

  
Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Image

magiblot
Euro To B
Posts: 49
Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 16:48
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact:

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by magiblot » 10 Sep 2017, 00:49

I'm impressed to see you thinking of the 'meme' in question as an actual menace to the enjoyment of Eurobeat.
I think you are overthinking it. I don't like to see you being affected so deeply.

To begin with, this 'meme' doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the actual Nazism to me, but with heartless black humor. There will always be people who can laugh at things without any attack of conscience. I don't see most of the followers of these videos being actual extremists, that is, people who have intolerant beliefs and think they have to act accordingly.

The sensible response to the videos is to realize they are a big stupidity and reject them. Manuel Caramori complained publicy (on FB and YT) about them and I'm sure he has put effort in removing them. But I see it a misunderstanding to consider there is any evil in the songs involved.

Secondly, it's useless to experience pain because of the fear to something that hasn't happened yet: Eurobeat being considered by the majority as a symbol of Nazism, and the cult to this genre being a unsafe task for this reason. In fact, this plot seems an exaggeration to me, but my interpretation of Infinity's words is that it has become a real problem for her.

I am certain that this won't happen because most people will never care about Eurobeat. They won't care if it has been used as a Nazi trend (which I wouldn't say has been the case) or if it's a fantastic music genre :)

Yet if someone ever asks you about what you are listening, you will always have the chance to explain them great things about it and how much it's unrelated to bigotry in its soul.

I second what Crockett said: this incident has no major relevance for most fans of the original Super Eurobeat Series, so we shouldn't be afraid of the production or the image of Eurobeat being affected by it. However, I think the artists (in addition to Manuel) may be concerned about it, though this should have very small influence on the music.

I don't think it has a noticeable impact on the acknowledgement of Eurobeat in the western world, either, and this used to be the matter of discussion of the thread.

User avatar
xiao
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Post by xiao » 10 Sep 2017, 05:44

  
Last edited by xiao on 20 Jan 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Akira
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 123
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 14:50
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact:

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Akira » 10 Sep 2017, 10:14

magiblot wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 00:49
To begin with, this 'meme' doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the actual Nazism to me, but with heartless black humor.
Banalization of nazism / alt-right actually has a lot to do with Nazism and the rise of the alt right in western countries. Even if the uploader of the video / meme is not an actuall nazi and just an insensitive ignorant. When we're talking about opression, black humor's not humor at all.

About the rest of the post, I agree that we're being overworried. Just a few alt right trolls are nothing compared to such healthy community (imho). There are more "innocent" eurobeat / Initial D memes here in the forums or in Facebook than the couple Nazi memes. Eurobeat has been, and still is more associated with gyaru, racing, Toho and ponies than anything else. And it will still be, because banalization of Nazism won't have a space in the community.
Amateur indie eurobeat producer. Check out my music here! https://soundcloud.com/super-nova-473010963

JeffreySoftbark
Eurocurious
Posts: 59
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 20:57

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by JeffreySoftbark » 14 Nov 2017, 19:58

Eurobeat is a great genre but the chances of it coming here are slim to none :( the communities are strong enough for it and It’s a fun genre to both dance and listen to but it’s the reception that’ll be mainly unknown until they actually experiment with it over the radio or some other form of media besides memes and internet culture, so I guess we won’t really know until it is actually played here, heck I’d even be happy with it just being sold here without having to deal with shipping and stuff

alpines
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 423
Joined: 03 Aug 2014, 22:40

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by alpines » 14 Nov 2017, 20:27

JeffreySoftbark wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 19:58
heck I’d even be happy with it just being sold here without having to deal with shipping and stuff
Amen brother...

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1325
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Bonkers » 16 Nov 2017, 03:53

JeffreySoftbark wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 19:58
Eurobeat is a great genre but the chances of it coming here are slim to none :( the communities are strong enough for it and It’s a fun genre to both dance and listen to but it’s the reception that’ll be mainly unknown until they actually experiment with it over the radio or some other form of media besides memes and internet culture, so I guess we won’t really know until it is actually played here, heck I’d even be happy with it just being sold here without having to deal with shipping and stuff
I like to believe Eurobeat would thrive in any rave scene in the US where genres such as UK Hard House, UK Scouse House/Bounce, and Happy Hardcore thrive, so mainly the coastal areas and a few mid-land areas. So that leads to the question, IF Eurobeat was big in the rave scene, how many people would actually go out to the rave and dance to it

Tiger
Master of Time
Posts: 1183
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 21:54
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Tiger » 21 Nov 2017, 10:30

Bonkers wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 03:53
JeffreySoftbark wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 19:58
Eurobeat is a great genre but the chances of it coming here are slim to none :( the communities are strong enough for it and It’s a fun genre to both dance and listen to but it’s the reception that’ll be mainly unknown until they actually experiment with it over the radio or some other form of media besides memes and internet culture, so I guess we won’t really know until it is actually played here, heck I’d even be happy with it just being sold here without having to deal with shipping and stuff
I like to believe Eurobeat would thrive in any rave scene in the US where genres such as UK Hard House, UK Scouse House/Bounce, and Happy Hardcore thrive, so mainly the coastal areas and a few mid-land areas. So that leads to the question, IF Eurobeat was big in the rave scene, how many people would actually go out to the rave and dance to it
Eurobeat is not music you rave to. I've seen Eurobeat played at raves in anime cons and usually they don't know what to do when it comes on. It's more natural to dance ParaPara to it really.

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1325
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Bonkers » 22 Nov 2017, 01:15

Tiger wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 10:30


Eurobeat is not music you rave to. I've seen Eurobeat played at raves in anime cons and usually they don't know what to do when it comes on. It's more natural to dance ParaPara to it really.
Well ya....because it's an anime con dance party...not a rave.

Tiger
Master of Time
Posts: 1183
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 21:54
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Tiger » 13 Dec 2017, 17:21

Bonkers wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 01:15
Tiger wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 10:30


Eurobeat is not music you rave to. I've seen Eurobeat played at raves in anime cons and usually they don't know what to do when it comes on. It's more natural to dance ParaPara to it really.
Well ya....because it's an anime con dance party...not a rave.
In the past they have often marketed it as a rave.

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1325
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Bonkers » 13 Dec 2017, 23:58

Tiger wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 17:21
Bonkers wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 01:15
Tiger wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 10:30


Eurobeat is not music you rave to. I've seen Eurobeat played at raves in anime cons and usually they don't know what to do when it comes on. It's more natural to dance ParaPara to it really.
Well ya....because it's an anime con dance party...not a rave.
In the past they have often marketed it as a rave.
and your point...? An anime con dance event is not a rave. We can go back and forth all you want.

johnjohnjohnnycake
Eurocurious
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 07:36
Location: Washington, U.S.

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by johnjohnjohnnycake » 14 Dec 2017, 03:16

anime's popular in america, why not eurobeat or j pop ( which is also popular in america, or at least i know a ton of people who love j pop)
Light My Fire baby Tonight
You drive me crazy and I really love you baby tonight
Holdin me tight
You've got me so good


Image

Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1325
Joined: 03 Oct 2010, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by Bonkers » 14 Dec 2017, 03:30

johnjohnjohnnycake wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 03:16
anime's popular in america, why not eurobeat or j pop ( which is also popular in america, or at least i know a ton of people who love j pop)
If eurobeat is popular in the States, I would assume 95% of its popularity is viewed as "DDR/Anime" music, not an actual genre of dance music which you would hear in a club or rave, and I would assume many have no idea of its Italo-Disco roots.

johnjohnjohnnycake
Eurocurious
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 07:36
Location: Washington, U.S.

Re: Why I think "Eurobeat Wouldn't be Popular in America" is silly.

Post by johnjohnjohnnycake » 14 Dec 2017, 09:51

Bonkers wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 03:30
johnjohnjohnnycake wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 03:16
anime's popular in america, why not eurobeat or j pop ( which is also popular in america, or at least i know a ton of people who love j pop)
If eurobeat is popular in the States, I would assume 95% of its popularity is viewed as "DDR/Anime" music, not an actual genre of dance music which you would hear in a club or rave, and I would assume many have no idea of its Italo-Disco roots.
of course not, us dumb americans XD
Light My Fire baby Tonight
You drive me crazy and I really love you baby tonight
Holdin me tight
You've got me so good


Image

User avatar
xiao
Euroheater
Posts: 1332
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Post by xiao » 14 Dec 2017, 10:24

  
Last edited by xiao on 23 Jan 2018, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest