Bat's Eurobeat vol. 1 cover

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Bat's Eurobeat vol. 1 cover

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 04 Dec 2017, 21:24

Recently I bought a release of Bat's Eurobeat; volume 1 - Where's Robin Mix. As Marcello d'Azzurro is a good friend of mine and he was also credited, I showed him a photo of the CD. He was amazed by this release, as it has a cover he didn't know. The original cover looks like the one on Discogs, yet the release I had looks very different.

All the info on the back of the CD actually is the same as the one on Discogs, and also looks exactly the same. Even the CD inside is exactly the same, including the pressing code in the middle ring of the CD. Now, both Marcello and I are curious about the story of this particular cover. The style of Bat's Eurobeat volume 2 is the same as this volume 1, yet the cover was unknown to Marcello (who pretty much co-produced this CD). Does anyone have any background info on this special cover?

thumbnail - click for full size

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Re: Bat's Eurobeat vol. 1 cover

Post by Crockett » 04 Dec 2017, 23:48

Indeed, we didn't know about alternative version of Bat's Eurobeat Vol. 1 by Asia Records.

Interesting is also that Vol. 2 we know so far has only Super Eurobeat Beat Freak design. According to Discogs there are two catalogue numbers: ARD CD 3 and AVE 530.

Same on Flea Records mixes, here with Hitalo Beat Mix. Vol. 3.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Super-E ... se/1814206

All series has such primitive front covers designed on identical pattern of Bat's Eurobeat Vol. 1, however Vol. 3 has double edition as we can see belonged to Super Eurobeat Beat Freak.

Does Marcello know if it has ever been sold in Italy ?

Anyway these CDs of Asia and Flea manufactured in Milano together with SEB Beat Freak Vol. 1-8 in 1990 were just dedicated to export to Japan, right after the decision of starting SEB, until Avex Trax wasn't ready to release Vol. 9.

This is a part of story alongside any other Eurobeat from that time.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Dec 2017, 01:38

For that alone, I think you should send this release to Discogs. Make sure to take a pic of your CD so we can see it's real.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 05 Dec 2017, 16:25

I wanted to know more about the release before adding it to Discogs, Lebon14. That's part of why I asked my question. :)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 10 Dec 2017, 15:30

So, I guess the 'Super Eurobeat series 1990' is a re-release of other original albums? Does anybody have more info on that?