What happened to Christine?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

What happened to Christine?

Post by #Infinity » 07 Apr 2018, 06:48

I know she's been absent from the eurobeat world since after 2011, but I'm surprised by the degree to which she fell off the map. I googled her real name, plus stuff like "Christine SCP", and came up completely empty-handed except for basic information on all her work from 1996 to 2011. I'm sad about this because she's still one of my very favorite eurobeat singers to this day. I loved her from really the very beginning of my eurobeat fandom, and I still adore her all these years later. I may have been her only truly hardcore fan on this board; she recorded lots of music, but only a small handful of her singles ever got decent attention. It would have been nice to know whatever she's doing and if she's still in a good place.

At this point, I'm guessing she likely married, changed her surname, and started a family? That would explain why there isn't a trace of her on the Internet in modern times. It doesn't help, either, that there's an American chef with not only the same name but also a pretty similar physical appearance.

Whatever the case, if Christine wishes for privacy, then I'll respect that, but I can't help but at least feel curious.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: What happened to Christine?

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Apr 2018, 09:18

Yeah. That's strange. She was the biggest female vocalist for SCP for a very long time. From 1996 to 2009. Then, there's a two year break between "Easy Come & Easy Go" (duet with Irene) and her last solo song "Dancin' Together" (Bigga Boom is an older song that got released very very late). Even then, in the last years, she didn't have that much songs. She has 7 songs between 2007 and 2009: 3 of them are solo, 1 them where she was "featured" (Blood On Fire), 2 of them were duets ("with"/"and" somebody else) and the last one was her featuring somebody else (Christine Feat. Elvis El Latino).

So, yeah, she fell off the map like most of the vocalists that were in Eurobeat during SEB's prime time.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

magiblot
Eurocurious

Post by magiblot » 07 Apr 2018, 21:35

#Infinity wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 06:48 I'm guessing she likely married, changed her surname
Spouses keep their original surnames in Italy.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Apr 2018, 22:41

magiblot wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 21:35
#Infinity wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 06:48 I'm guessing she likely married, changed her surname
Spouses keep their original surnames in Italy.
Maybe she married somebody from outside of Italy? Obviously a stretch, but it's still odd how nonexistent her online presence is nowadays, considering she at least had information about herself on SCP's old website and also had a MySpace profile.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 Apr 2018, 03:24

Some people are online A LOT for business but, when they are at home, etc, it's like they disappear the face of the earth. She's probably one of those people that didn't give in to social media or don't see the point of it.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Jun 2018, 04:26

After a bit of research, which required filtering out an American chef of the same name, I think I might have found out what Cristina Tosi is up to today.

By the look of it, she's now the corporate marketing manager at MEC3, an Italian dessert company, which means she's spreading sweetness into the world in a whole new way!

In all fairness, I'm not 100% sure this is really the same Cristina we know and love, probably because I'm so not used to seeing her in such formal attire and with way shorter hair, but the woman in the photo does have a face pretty darn similar to Christine with lighter makeup. Not to mention, Christine has matured to the point where she's almost 50. Additionally, the MEC3 manager is supposedly from Milan, which would put her squarely in eurobeat country.

I know that quite a few former eurobeat singers have professional lives outside of music. Alessia de Boni has actually had an illustrious professional career that dates back even throughout the period she performed for SCP.
ImageImage

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 12 Jun 2018, 15:35

I remember her great picture from 2006, but I'm waiting for answer if this photo is still possible to find in a private collection. :?

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 19 Jun 2018, 22:28

#Infinity wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:26 In all fairness, I'm not 100% sure this is really the same Cristina we know and love
Doesn't look like her to me.

Cristina was on Facebook around a year ago, but looks like she's deactivated her account? She was friends with a handful of people in the EB community.
Last edited by otter87 on 19 Jun 2018, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Jun 2018, 22:57

otter87 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:28
#Infinity wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:26 In all fairness, I'm not 100% sure this is really the same Cristina we know and love
Doesn't look like her to me.
I found the resemblance specifically in the distinct trapezoid shape of her smile, her thin, downward-slanted eyes, wide chin, eyebrow style, and blondish hair. She may not bear much resemblance to Christine as she appears on SCP’s current website or on the “Dancin’ Together” artwork, but that’s because she was wearing heavy makeup that radically altered her face from its natural appearance. If you refer more to the photos of Christine from SCP’s mid-2000s website, I think it definitely looks like a younger, more casually-dressed version of the woman I posted here.

Furthermore, the dessert lady definitely looks roughly lile she’s roughly in her late 40s, and Christine is 48 now. Top that off with the fact that she lives in Milan, and I think it’s more than likely that this is indeed the same Cristina Tosi who worked for SCP.
Cristina was on around a year ago, but looks like she's deactivated her account? She was friends with a handful of people in the EB community.
On LinkedIn? I know she had a MySpace back in the day, but I never heard of her having anytging beyond that.
Last edited by #Infinity on 19 Jun 2018, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 19 Jun 2018, 23:28

#Infinity wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:57On LinkedIn? I know she had a MySpace back in the day, but I never heard of her having anytging beyond that.
Sorry, I meant Facebook. Edited the previous post. Her profile picture was her in like a purple or blue dress kneeling over fixing her shoes. Don't ask me why I remember that lmao. But yeah, she had a lot of producers/vocalists and some fans as friends. But I can't find her profile any longer.
Last edited by otter87 on 19 Jun 2018, 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 19 Jun 2018, 23:31

otter87 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 23:28
#Infinity wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 22:57On LinkedIn? I know she had a MySpace back in the day, but I never heard of her having anytging beyond that.
Sorry, I meant Facebook. Edited the previous post. Her profile picture was her in like a purple or blue dress kneeling over fixing her shoes. Don't ask me why I remember that lmao. But yeah, she had a lot of producers/vocalists and some fans as friends. But I can't find her profile any longer.
Oh, I probably would have been able to make a fairer assessment if I had stumbled upon her profile then, though at the moment I’m still not convinced the dessert marketer isn’t her.

Too bad I didn’t seize the opportunity while I still had the chance, although I did have her as a MySpace friend. Considering how consistently I appreciated her recordings and how much they comforted me growing up a social misfit, I’m likely one of her biggest fans around the world, though I never had the audacity to pester her with compliments and questions. By now, I’m guessing she wants to just be left alone and focus on her family.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Jun 2018, 00:43

#Infinity wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 23:31 Oh, I probably would have been able to make a fairer assessment if I had stumbled upon her profile then,
maybe that archive.org could help pull up an old page of her facebook profile?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 20 Jun 2018, 15:01