10 albums or compilations which had impact on you

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Phil Jay Falcon

Re: 10 albums or compilations which had impact on you

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 02 Jun 2020, 13:14

Hmm, actually there were not really some albums or compilations, which had a big impact on me. I would rather say, that there were more individual & single songs as whole albums. But of course there were also some albums that I would like to mention. And as always, it won't be really a TOP 10. Well, let's see! :)

Oh yeah, it has no particular order by the way.

1. Max Coveri Album: Because the song "Toy Boy" made me a huge Eurobeat-Fan.

2. SEB Vol. 85: Just look at the track-list and you will know! Max Coveri's "Running in the 90s" was the first Eurobeat-song I ever heard and that's how I got into this genre.

3. SEB Vol. 5: Cause this ol' school disco-style marks the beginning of Eurobeat and I still love it today. Just hear "Macho Man" from Mister Black and "Cha Cha Cha" from Mark Farina! This also goes for SEB Vol. 6 and 9!

4. SEB Vol. 34: Most of my favorites are there (for example "Kamikaze" from DJ NRG).

5. Eurobeat Flash Vol. 7 & 9: Is it enough if I mention the name "Nikita Jr."? :wink:

6. SEB Vol. 184: The same reasons as like SEB Vol. 34! Many good tracks in there. Mike West's "Wild Night" and Mega NRG Man's "Let it go" just kicks ass! 8)

7. SEB Vol. 227: Back in the day, when I made my playlist, 3 songs from this album came to my playlist. "Showdown" from Hotblade and "Been a Bang" from Fastway were some of the first tracks.

8. SEB Vol. 215: I remember this very well. Back in the day, my playlist consisted just 15 songs and Jeff Driller's "Mecha Fireball" was one of these songs.

Well, that's all. Unfortunately I can't say more. Like I said, it wasn't whole albums, but individual songs, which had an huge impact on me!

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 17 Sep 2020, 22:19

Well as of right now, I'd say SEB50 and SEB110 for sure. When I started the only tracks I'd heard from the earlier volumes were Babe C'mon / Mike Skanner, Sugar Baby / Alexis and King and Queen / King & Queen. Like most people I'd heard the cliche tracks that were popular in internet culture, and had done the usual YouTube searches with bizarre results, but had never really heard what the genre as a whole had to offer.

But my first full introduction to eurobeat was SEB216 that was up on YouTube until Avex took everything down, which funnily I'd stumbled on after listening to Touhou music by Zun. This pretty much started my extended version collecting, as a lot of tracks sort of fit into a lot of other genres of European music I like, and wanted them for sampling and mixing.

So I owe my physical collecting to SEB216, I only have a dozen CDs so can't really do a top 10, but every CD I've bought has either been due to having something I like or to get larger samples from different eras of the genre. But tracks like Heart Breaker / Mike Hammer, He-Hey Dancin' / King & Queen, Tora Tora Tora / Domino, Jealousy / Virginelle, Mickey Mouse Club March / Domino, and so many other tracks have either been things I've got physical copies of or still in the process of getting.

I'll admit, I'm not much of a fan of the whole Initial D / DDR stuff even though some of the tracks are decent, it's not what drew me to eurobeat, for me it's more about finding the hidden gems, as I've been a long listener of Italian and European dance music as a whole for a long time. So this is a fun adventure. But yeah, 50, 110 and 216 have probably had the biggest impact on me and I'm sure many more CDs will in the future as the collection continues.

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 19 Sep 2020, 23:12

Add 199 to that list, damn what a good CD.