10 albums or compilations which had impact on you

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Crockett
Eurobeat Master

10 albums or compilations which had impact on you

Post by Crockett » 05 May 2018, 14:27

Post 10 albums or compilations which had impact on your taste and still are on your rotation playlist.

Italo Disco, Eurobeat are welcome the most, but don't limit yourself, show your wider taste in the music in general.

It doesn't mean the best of !

It means for example:

1. This album/compilation introduced you to the genre

2. This album/compilation contains the style you consider today as your favorite

3. This album/compilation has any particular meaning for you from the musical side

#Infinity
Euroheater

Re: 10 albums or compilations which had impact on you

Post by #Infinity » 05 May 2018, 17:18

1. Now That's What I Call Music! 8 - This more or less introduced me to pop music full-on. I had heard artists like the Spice Girls, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys before, but once I started following the American Now albums, I developed my basic taste in pop, which would ultimately shape how I appreciated Super Eurobeat.

2. Super Eurobeat 172 - I stumbled upon this compilation after having my first real taste of SEB from the multiple eurobeat tracks stepped in a StepMania simfile contest in the summer of 2006. From the very first track, I was flat-out hooked and my taste in music was revolutionized forever.

3. Super Eurobeat 173 - This was only my second eurobeat album, but unlike 172, which at the time I really only listened to for the first 8 tracks and "Dark and Bright", Super Eurobeat 173 was delightful for me from start to finish. If 172 got me hooked on the genre in the first place, 173 absolutely cemented it as my favourite type of music for several years to come.

5. Super Eurobeat 175 - This was the first compilation in the series that I actually owned on CD, as opposed to just downloading via torrent. It was also one of my favourites for a long while. Early on, I was mostly a fan of "Futureland", "Tuttifrutti Lollipop", and "Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go", but my love of the album eventually came to largely be thanks to "Bad Bad Bad", "With Your Photograph", "You Light My Fire", "Take a Look in My Heart", and "Moo Moo Dollars", and eventually "My Universe" and "Starry Sky". Gotta love "Running Ninja", as well!

6. Euromach 1 - While I have a sort of vendetta against eurobeat megamixes for being the only real source of numerous classic songs for a long time, Euromach 1 will always hold a dear place in my heart. Aside maybe from Euromach 14, this was the only nonstop album that I grew up listening to regularly. The tracks here were late 1990s eurobeat gold, with pretty much each and every one becoming a distinguished classic for me in some form. While "Lovers" by Tracy is not especially great, its placement roughly midway on the album causes it to still fit the compilation well as a whole. Euromach 1 was an absolute staple of my after school cross country runs during 9th grade.

7. Super Eurobeat 185 - This was a serious grower for me. While I still consider some tracks to be much better than others, the majority of these songs represent my most listened to eurobeat of more recent years. If I really want a time capsule of the time I was most excited about following the series while it was new, this always sets the mood just right.

8. Eurobeat Masters Vol. 17 - This was some truly hot stuff back when it came out. Delta was at a creative peak during the mid/late 2000s, thanks to so much of the talent from the suddenly-defunct Akyr Music migrating to the label for a few years.

9. Eurobeat-Prime Presents Underground Eurobeat - This album was technically in the form of a podcast, but it was still very much an event to remember. I had contributed the song "Brainwash", which brought to life my dream of producing an actual eurobeat song with my musically aspiring high school classmate performing vocals to life. However, the songs by all of the other producers helped make this compilation a true celebration of fan creativity and enthusiasm for eurobeat.

10. Eurobeat Kudos Vol. 9 to present - I mostly lost interest in eurobeat after SEB 229, due to there being little new material that really excited me and also because I was getting into non-eurobeat to an unprecedented degree. I'd occasionally return to my old eurobeat songs afterwards, but it usually wasn't very long-lasting. That has finally changed, at least for the time being, with SCP's most recent Eurobeat Kudos compilations. This was the first time in years we got to listen to lots of unreleased gold and nonstop-only tracks in extended format, and especially thanks to the high volume of these compilations, there has been more than plenty for me to dig my hands into. Not only have I been consuming lots of SCP eurobeat, I've also found myself returning to and appreciating quite a bit of Saifam and Delta eurobeat songs, plus occasionally the other labels as well.
ImageImage

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 06 May 2018, 03:20

1. Daft Punk Discovery - This was the album that truly launched me into my collection of Electronic dance music. I fell in love with the french disco sound and eventually got Daft Punk's previous album, Homework.

2. Audio Underground by DJ Irene - This was my first album of American Hard House music (with some UK Hard House/Trance also on the album). This was how I started learning I preferred the more...chaotic genres of EDM instead of the clubber friendly styles.

3. Happy2bHardcore Chapter 4 - This was my first happy hardcore album and how I knew I finally found MY genre of music! The 175 beats per minute, the chipmunky vocals, the hard drums. I loved it. This was also MSN still had chat rooms, and I was in the ravers' chat room and found out about candy kids since they love happy hardcore music. That was when I was what....14/15? I'm 30 now, and still wear my candy from time to time!

4. Happy2bHardcore Chapter 7 - My dad picked me up from middle school when this album was released and took me to Media Play near Atlanta to get it. This was the last entry in the series. Anabolic Frolic did such a great job on this album picking the best tracks coming out of the UK during its dark days. Still blast this today from time to time.

5. Bonkers Vol. 1 - The PERFECT example of Happy Hardcore music, also from 1996. This was THE ALBUM of the genre, and I still hold this album to top regards to this day. Tracks like Toytown, Steamtrain, Love of My Life, Rainbow Islands, Wonderland...Like I said, this is the example of Happy Hardcore. Still have an unopened copy of the Silver Edition.

6. Bonkers Vol. 13 - UK Hardcore was coming out of it's dark days (2000-2003) when this album came out, and this album showed off the vocally cheese returning to the genre. DJ Dougal also returned to the series for this volume, which showcased all the great vocally tongue-in-cheekiness of the genre. Such a stand out volume for the series.

7. Hardcore Underground Vol. 3 - While UK Hardcore was becoming more and more commercialized, the crew at Hardcore Underground released this album showcasing more of the original tracks, and DJ Brisk showcased a 182 bpm mix. Total cheese and rough drums. This was when Darwin was still making rough tracks and before "Fracus & Darwin" had become a scene name.

8. Best of Super Eurobeat 2000 - The first SEB album I bought in 2010 off Amazon and launched me into collecting the series. Loved having this genre a part of my collection finally.

9. Slammin Vinyl Presents Hardcore Heaven (2005) - This album came out shortly before I went to my first rave! As it turned out, the headlining DJ was playing UK Hardcore, so it was awesome to hear a song off this album played live! I was in 11th grade.

10. Super Eurobeat Vol. 185 - I don't know what it is about this particular entry, but it's just such a great album! I had already owned Best of 2008, but having some of those songs in extended was just icing on the cake for me, like Go Go Go Baby Go. And that track by Betty Feat. Annalise is just pure chills. A perfect example of the genre where I like almost every track on the album.
Last edited by Bonkers on 07 May 2018, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 May 2018, 05:22

In no particular order.

1. Super Eurobeat Vol. 168
This (or 167, don't remember) is the first compilation I actually started following Super Eurobeat. It happened after I downloaded those SEB torrents back in the day and decided to check on the series. It just so happen it was at that release.

2. Super Eurobeat Vol. 172
This is the first SEB compilation I ever purchased. I still regard this release pretty highly. "Once Upon A Time" by Pamsy, the opener, is still one of my all-time favorite eurobeat track.

3. Hinoi Team - Super Euro Party (Supported by Korikki)
This is the first japanese-sung eurobeat album I ever purchased. If I remember correctly, I had this ordered with the help of (now deceased) aunt. So, it made it even more special.

4. Super Eurobeat Vol. 195
This is, by far, the BEST Super Eurobeat compilation ever produced HANDS DOWN. Almost everything on this is AGGRESSIVE. The way I love it.

5. Cher - Believe (album, not the single)
YES. Cher. No, I'm not gay. This particular album is very very disco-oriented. At the time, I remember hearing the single (the song "Believe") at the radio and I was hooked. When I found out that one of my dad's friend (at the time but not anymore) had this song, I wanted it taped. Only that song. For 120 minutes. However, some time after, for my birthday, I received the album as a gift. It was my first ever CD I've EVER had.

6. Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Battle Stage 2.
It introduced me to the wonders of Extended Mixes and my obssession with them. Also my first Initial D related purchase.

7. Toho Eurobeat Vol. 1
It took until June 2015 to have this album in my possession but I first listened to it in 2010 when it released. It introduced me to Touhou and introduced me right on to doujin eurobeat and music in general. So, this album is very important in some many aspect as it also cemented my current ideology: Eurobeat is eurobeat no matter where it's produced and no matter in what langauge it's sung in.

8. Gowan - Strange Animal
A childhood album; even before I was even born. My mom even attended a concert from this rocker in August 1987 (I was born in October that year). Needless to say, through my childhood, my dad would play "A Criminal Mind" from that album. To this day, I love 8 out of the 9 tracks of this album very dearly. This probably edged my love for rock in general.

9. Sonata Arctica - Silence
Power Metal. A love of mine. Sonata Arctica's "Silence" album is, I think, the first ever Power Metal record I ever heard. I remember lending a friend's CD at school and making a copy for myself. I think I still have it too! Although I did buy it personally much later only to lose it again in my appartment fire years ago.

10. Stratovarius - Elements Pt. 1
This is probably the first ever power metal record I ever purchased. At the time, I remember loving Stratovarius' "Hunting High And Low" and when I saw the name of the band in an electronic store's CD selection, I begged my dad to buy it. It ended up being a treasure of mine. I loved every bit of that album. Although I can't say the same thing for Pt.2...

10's not enough. lol

11. Froggy Mix - No Nagging (Na, Na Na, Na-Na)
I remember seeing advertising of this album on Teletoon back in the day when the channel was not crap. It was advertised as the "Cardcaptor Sakura title theme album and that sold 100k albums in France". At that time, I was a huge CCS fan (I was pretty young). So, obviously, I wanted this really badly! Then, me and my bro did a trip to... a big town one summer and I got my dad to stop to a record shop and found the album. At first, I was a bit disappointed that there's nothing CCS related but I've grown to love the whole album regardless. Over time, I lost the artwork but kept the disc. I still have this disc, even though it's in a bad shape from being played a lot. I plan to find and buy a new copy eventually. Not to replace the current disc but to have the album in full.

12. Super Eurobeat Vol. 1 (Avex)
I never owned this physically but I have to give an honorable mention. I'm not a fan of Italo-Disco or the "Italo-Disco/Hi-NRG" days before Eurobeat but this volume is pretty darn good tbh.

13. Tak Matsumoto - The Changing
This is the first ever release I purchased myself, with my own credit card on the internet; a month or two before I purchased SEB 172. Probably the most rocking solo work by Tak Matsumoto (B'z guitarist).

14. B'z - Big Machine
B'z is by far my favorite Japanese rock band. And this is the first album I ever purchased from them. It holds a special place in my heart.

15. Pink Floyd - The Wall
The original two-disc album by the famous psychedelic rock band. For similar reason to Gowan, it holds a place in my heart too.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 06 May 2018, 09:05

1. Super Eurobeat Presents Go Go Girls Special Collection, Vol. 1 and 2
Because I love Go Go's
Favorite tracks
- Nobody's Perfect
- My Sweet Banana
- Do You Wanna Dance
- Yellow Magic
- Funny Love

2. Bazooka Girls Encore! - Hi-NRG Attack and its best!
Favorite tracks :
- Baby Gold - Let's Fall In Love Together (Extended)
- Mara Nell - Crazy Disco Mania (Extended)
- Martina Dry - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love (Extended)

3. Rina Aiuchi - Delight - One of the best JPOP albums ever
Favorite tracks :
- Orange★Night" (-La La La Lovin' you Mix-)
- Akaku Atsui Kodou" (赤く熱い鼓動)
- Precious Place
- Love or be loved

4. Aqua - Aquarium - my favourite Eurodance album and favorite album as a child.Aqua and its best eurodance sounds and late 1998 when I was 3 years old and my father driving a car while playing the songs <3
Favorite tracks :
- Barbie Girl
- Heat of the night
- My oh My
- Roses Are Red
- Turn Back Time

5.Theatre of Tragedy - Aégis
Norwegian gothic metal and its best at the time
Favorite tracks :
- Cassandra
- Lorelei
- Angèlique

6.Lord Vampyr - De Vampyrica Philosophia
My favorite italian gothic metal band and album so far
Favorite tracks :
- Carmilla... Whispers from the Grave
- A Sad Litany of Vampires

7.Emilie Autumn - Fight Like a Girl
An american dark cabaret / industrial singer.She's amazing
Favorite tracks :
- Fight Like a Girl
- Time for Tea
- Take the Pill

8.Artrosis - Ukryty Wymiar
Polish gothic metal. Very Good. I don't like remastered version though.Only the old one from 1997.2001 sucks
Favorite tracks :
- Ukryty Wymiar
- Czarno-białe sny
- Góra przeznaczenia
- Epitafium

9.Closterkeller - Aurum
Polish gothic rock band - very good
- Królewna z czekolady
- Nocarz
- Vendetta
- Ogród Półcieni

10.Moi dix Mois - Nocturnal Opera
Amazing symphonic/gothic metal band from Japan
Favorite tracks :
- Shadow's Temple
- Monophobia
- Mephisto Waltz
Last edited by Kat on 06 May 2018, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Wake up in the morning with my book
I'll go to my school I'll go very fast
'Cos I've a lot study and I wanna be ready tonite
When the disco is open

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 06 May 2018, 09:21

11.Super Eurobeat Presents Virginelle Special Collection
Favorite tracks:
- My Name is Virginelle (Extended)
- Lovin' Like a Fire (Extended)
- Let Me Go (Extended)
- Up and Down (Extended)

12. Moi dix Mois - Dixanadu
Favorite tracks:
- Angelica
- Neo Pessimist
- Xanadu

13.Rina Aiuchi - Be Happy
Favorite tracks:
- Close To Your Heart
- Koi ha Thrill, Shock, Suspense (恋はスリル、ショック、サスペンス)
- It's crazy for you
- ~Ohh! Paradise Taste!!~

14.Super Eurobeat Vol. 68
Favorite tracks:
- Go Go Girls - Yellow Magic
- Virginelle - Lovin' Like A Fire
- Madison - Don't Let Me Down
- Claire Deny - Angel
- Margaret - TV Show
When the disco is open

Kat
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Kat » 06 May 2018, 10:52

15.2 Unlimited - No Limits
Favorite tracks :
- No Limit
- Tribal Dance
- Maximum Overdrive
- Let The Beat Control Your Body
When the disco is open

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 07 May 2018, 01:35

1.- SEB 186: This one marks the point where I started following Eurobeat. Since then, I've become a euromaniac. Also, I f*n love the Yes I Will remix that appears on disc 2.

2.- Dancemania Speed 8 (and probably the whole Dancemania Speed series): Since I loved those speed remixes from DDR songs, I started to get these albums. Later, I started to search for more remixes made by B4 ZA Beat, K.O.G. G3 and Y&co. (among other aliases), I discovered Eurobeat as a genre.

3.- Dancemania Happy Paradise: This is the one that connected my favorite videogame at that time with my future favorite music genre.

4.- Eurobeat Masters 4: Since I'm a huuuge Delta fan (or I was, i'd say), this one compilation in particular has some of my favorite songs from that label.

5.- SEB 158: OH BOY. WHY IS THERE A NON-EUROBEAT SONG ON THAT ALBUM? AND WHY DO I LOVE IT SO MUCH? IMO, SEB 158 has that particular song that has not been removed from my daily playlist since I listened to it for the first time in 2009, so it has to me mentioned on this list.

6.- SEB 175 and
7.- SEB 125: Such good songs on there. Nothing else to say. There aren't any bad songs on those SEB and both extra discs make them ever better.

8.-Hardcore Til I Die 3: This album represents to me everything that can describe what UK Hardcore is. Also, there's a song featured on this album that has never been deleted from my playlist.

9.- Euromach 2: One of my favorite eurobeat songs of all time closes this album. <3

10.- Sia - Some People Have Real Problems:I love Sia and I love her songs. I discovered her just a little before she became famous with Titanium. I think this album has so many different styles and stories that it is definitely my favorite album. Also, my favorite song - Soon We'll Be Found- was released there.
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 07 May 2018, 03:32

Vinylyarou wrote: 07 May 2018, 01:35
8.-Hardcore Til I Die 3: This album represents to me everything that can describe what UK Hardcore is. Also, there's a song featured on this album that has never been deleted from my playlist.

Which track??? I also have that album! Is it Reasons?? Please say its Reasons! Sadly, this album is more of a joke in the hardcore community (as Hardcore Underground 2010 came out right after this album,), but there are a few good gems scattered throughout the 3 CDs.

youtu.be/V_GHTaUmZoc

TV Ad
youtu.be/gjZaSO0_uzg

Vinylyarou
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Vinylyarou » 07 May 2018, 15:22

Well, it has some good remixes, original tracks and quite a mix of sounds, and that's why I'd say it is a good example.

And... Well, Reasons hasn't left my playlist either, though is not one onf my favorites of all time. My favorite is Resensitize. :(
Latest simfile:

Previous Eurobeat simfiles: Iron Man - Mark Astley [Delta Music Industry]/ Self Control - Laura Branigan [Atlantic Records]

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 07 May 2018, 22:20

Vinylyarou wrote: 07 May 2018, 15:22 Well, it has some good remixes, original tracks and quite a mix of sounds, and that's why I'd say it is a good example.

And... Well, Reasons hasn't left my playlist either, though is not one onf my favorites of all time. My favorite is Resensitize. :(
Aww, don't be sad. But there's a reason why there was never a volume 4, and why Squad-E dropped off the scene (too much drama with him that went down in the UK apparently.) Squad-E did come back & released a CD mix in 2015 that was pretty epic with tons of vocal hardcore, but it's no longer in stock.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 08 May 2018, 16:07

Crockett wrote: 05 May 2018, 14:27 Post 10 albums or compilations which had impact on your taste and still are on your rotation playlist.
Where's yours? :D

This is a tough question, because there weren't many albums available when i started listening. Japanese albums were not easily available outside Japan, but I'll give it a try and find the best matching cd.

1. This album/compilation introduced you to the genre

That would be The Best of Italo Disco Vol. 7, because it was the first italo cd I ever saw. Other albums from that period include later volumes of that series and Laserdance - Future Generation.

2. This album/compilation contains the style you consider today as your favorite

There is not just one favorite period. Three periods were best of all times to me: in 1989, 1991 and 1992. Before and after those periods there were also many songs I really like.

Of my first favorite period, I can't find an album that describes it best, so I'll show what a personal best first compilation would be like:

Steve Bread - Bachelor Boy
Sara - The Beat Of The Night
Coo Coo - All You Need Is Love
Eskimo - Jump
Laurie - Sweet Lover
Domino - Fever
Jane & Jill - Lay Lay Baby Lay
Angel - Angel
Krystyna - Never Say Goodbye
Ian Lex - Blue Eyes
Dandy - For Your Heart
Love Kills - I Want To Become
Superlove - One Day
Girls Temptation - Come Back Baby
If - Jealousy
Jasmine - Running Down

Of my second favorite period, I can't find an album that describes it either, so here's a list to describe it:

Alphatown - The Fire
Michael Jones - Angel Don't Cry
Virginelle - Tango Tango
Annabelle - Walking In The Moonlight
Raymond Barry - Get Back
Toby Ash - Are You Ready
Giorgia Morandi & C. - With Love
Body Power - Everybody Physical
Manzi & Bellini - In Your Eyes
Jasmine - My Love
Robert Stone - Black Cars
Mike Skanner - Hot Dog
Michael Dream - Shock In The Night
Italian Gang - Revolution
Stop Limit Line - Say You Love Me
Alphatown - Body Rock

The third favorite period is easy:

That's Eurobeat Vol. 36 & 37

I consider this the best sound of Asia, thanks to Farina & Crivellente and Fabio Serra & Johnny Mix.

3. This album/compilation has any particular meaning for you from the musical side

None, I suppose.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 14 May 2018, 19:01

jeurobeat wrote: 08 May 2018, 16:07Where's yours? :D
1. Radiorama “The 2nd Album” (1987 CD album)
2. That’s Eurobeat Vol. 14 (1989 CD compilation)
3. Alphatown “Japan” (1990 CD album)
4. “Max Coveri” (1991 CD album)
5. Sophie “The Only Reason” (1991 CD album)
6. Eurobeat Box Vol. 1 (1990 CD compilation)
7. Coo Coo “Boogie Woogie Dance” (1991 CD album)
8. “Big Brother” (1991 CD album)
9. Super Eurobeat Vol. 16 (1991 CD compilation)
10. Lolita “Try Me“ (1995 CD album)

The great ten albums and compilations which have shaped my dance music taste in Italo Disco and Eurobeat.

Since I’m a bit interested in technicalities, it has appeared for me a new vision and a specific kind of respect for these and similar records.

When a studio was a seriously looking place of work, filled gear and cabinets, producers needed to help each other, they had to think hard and collaborate.

The years 1986 - 1991 were the most hardworking and expensive regarding the costs, technology was still simple and the equipment was manual and slow.

The songs today forgotten or treated sloppy as the introduction to “serious Eurobeat” required the biggest creativity and a lot of time.

Drum machines, samplers, sequencers, synthesizers, tape machines offered quite narrow capabilities but despite this fact, each song could’ve been differentiated, because the staff concentrated their mind and ears on melody, drums programming and another basical things.

Even so the artists handled and gained huge success. Additionally in the period 1986 - 1991 have been made more songs than at any time later ! All without advanced computer software, with contracts, deadlines and surely some pressure.

Undoubtedly the only persons among studio teams who really have learned it are M. Farina, G. Crivellente, F. Fadinger, F. Serra, J. Di Martino, L. Gelmetti and of course G. Pasquini, L. Raimondi, S. Oliva, G. Caria.

In my opinion the producers who have today about 20 years of experience still remain somehow backward, accustomed to the era of computers. They never faced with 80’s and the first half of 90’s studio reality, charged very difficult tasks and problems.

Generally contemporary electronic music already since late 90’s is much easier, quick and cheap, whereas very few can tell about the art of production.

Indeed, not directly, however the reason why I love the sound of early Eurobeat, that is all about rational and reasonable use of limited devices, where the main position had a human, his skills, ideas, control and taste.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 02 Jun 2018, 12:31

Crockett wrote: 14 May 2018, 19:01
2. That’s Eurobeat Vol. 14 (1989 CD compilation)
Great one!
3. Alphatown “Japan” (1990 CD album)
This one could have been on my list as well. Many great songs, even some songs which were never released in extended version.
8. “Big Brother” (1991 CD album)
Great album as well. Besides that Knock On Wood cover, all songs are great.
Indeed, not directly, however the reason why I love the sound of early Eurobeat, that is all about rational and reasonable use of limited devices, where the main position had a human, his skills, ideas, control and taste.
I don't know if that's the reason I like that period most as well (including 1992 and partly 1993), but it is true that limited resources improve creativity.

otter87
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » 22 Jun 2018, 02:10

Sorry, I couldn't list just 10 albums. I'm gonna include my favorite track from each of these albums. They're not all necessarily in my top 10 favorite albums. Some of them just bring back memories, so they're here for nostalgia purposes. Some of the music on here might not really be interesting to the members on EBP, but hopefully there's at least one release you can dig:

Super Eurobeat Vol. 165
This was the first Eurobeat album I ever listened to. To this day I still find the songlist amazing. This is the album that started my Eurobeat craze. I'm going to be getting a portrait tattoo of one of the SEB covers in the future, and I'm considering this one.

youtu.be/JMSymbe9CVM

The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land
The Fat of the Land was my introduction to Electronic music. I was probably 7 years old when I first heard some of the songs from it. It definitely evokes nostalgia within me and I still play it to this day. I really hope that they come back to US sometime so I can see them live.

youtu.be/zkbV_c86YTI

Dead Hearts - Bitter Verses
I was listening to this album a lot during some lonely times of my life. I'd say it's one of my favorite Hardcore Punk albums. I flew across the country for one weekend to see this band when they had a reunion back in 2012. It was an awesome experience.

youtu.be/UwgHQ165dD4

Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
The first Grime album I had ever heard. When I first listened to it I thought to myself, "this is exactly what I've been looking for". I started listening to Grime a lot and got pretty involved with the online community for a couple of years. I would list Grime as one of my top 3 favorite genres next to Eurobeat and Hardcore Punk

youtu.be/6GyvRCjQwD8

Radiator Hospital - Can You Feel My Heart Beating?
This is just an EP, but I got really into this artist/band for a while after hearing this. This artist got me through some lonely times as well. Saw him play solo a few years ago. I can't find this album on YouTube, so here's my favorite track from the band's Bandcamp page:
https://radiatorhospital.bandcamp.com/t ... y-lights-2

Wisdom In Chains - Class War
Wisdom In Chains is my all-time favorite band/artist. Although this isn't my favorite album of theirs, it's the first release of theirs that I heard. I finally got to see them live a couple of years ago.

youtu.be/ZNFIV05wI3c

Andre Nickatina - Bullets, Blunts N Ah Big Bank Roll
A friend of mine introduced me to this album and Nickatina became one of my favorite artists soon after. I delved pretty deep into his releases, and this is my favorite of the lot. I don't keep up with his music much anymore, but the fact that he's a (somewhat) local artist means that I have a good amount of friends who listen to him and you can hear his music being bumped in public sometimes. I got to see him live a couple years back, as well.

youtu.be/NqukMCuJuG4

Daft Punk - Discovery
Another album that solidified my interest in Electronic music. I bought this album when it came out when I was like 10 years old and I'm sure I've listened to it hundred of times. I don't listen to it much anymore, but it's still a great album.

youtu.be/QOngRDVtEQI

Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
I got into MSI through StepMania. There were a fair number of their songs that people would make simfiles for back in the day. This was my favorite album of theirs. I had a couple of friends who were kinda into them too, so MSI also brings up feelings of nostalgia. I don't listen to them much anymore, though. I've seen them live twice. First time was awesome, second time sucked haha

youtu.be/jsL0CS7CxOI

The Higher - Histrionics
Again, a friend of mine got me into this band. I was listening to them pretty heavily for a while during a time when I was really lonely. I guess for that reason it's kind of comforting, and it also just brings back memories of the friend who introduced me to them. This particular friend introduced me to a lot different life experiences. I still hang with him to this day. Histrionics is my favorite of The Higher's albums

youtu.be/dzQj8L7dsM8

Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana was my favorite band when I was a child. My mom's ex-husband was really big into them, so he's the one who introduced me to their music (as well as The Prodigy from above). I stopped listening to them for a good chunk of my life, but I recently re-discovered their music and I now have a good number of their tracks in my music collection.

youtu.be/ZHsfIDl7ONo

Suffokate - Oakland
This is another band that was introduced to me by a friend (the same one who showed me The Higher). We started going to local Deathcore/Metalcore shows a lot. This album was a big hit with all of our friends. I got to see this band live one as well.

youtu.be/d5kn3JReBno

Hollow Tip - Takin' No Shortz
I appreciate older 90's rap/hip-hop more than more contemporary stuff. I was researching local artists for a while and came across this artist. I honestly think this is one of the best rap flows I've ever heard. I love this album and I introduced a couple of friends to it. We've played it at a few parties so it conjures up some memories for me, as well.

youtu.be/qWsgcJq-Pws