Andrea Delfino (Voice of Judy Crystal)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Andrea Delfino (Voice of Judy Crystal)

Post by #Infinity » 22 May 2018, 03:47

After studying a bit of Saifam's work from the '90s, I believe I finally discovered the full identity of the iconic vocalist for Judy Crystal, also known for recording several of Hi-NRG Attack's earliest female classics (i.e., "Take My Gum", "Push Me Boom Boom")!

Her full name is Andrea Delfino. Beforehand, cheeseman had already gotten information that her initials were A.D., and from there deduced that her first name was probably Andrea, since there were several Italo disco songs that featured her vocals under the Andrea title. She has a page on Discogs, which specifically refers to her as an Italo/Eurobeat vocalist. Based on the evidence, I think we have pretty solid confirmation that this woman is indeed that classic singer from Saifam, Hi-NRG Attack, and Dima's labels who's been a mystery for a long time. I'm not sure if other people here already knew this, but since there wasn't a post or thread on this site verifying Andrea's full name, I figured I'd write it myself!

Here's a picture, for reference:

I'm not 100% if this is really her or just a model, but the woman here shows up on a handful of single covers associated with Andrea from the early '90s, so I think it's probably likely this is indeed what she looks like.
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Re: Andrea Delfino (Voice of Judy Crystal)

Post by Lebon14 » 22 May 2018, 05:23

If true, that's a nice find!
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47I'm not 100% if this is really her or just a model, but the woman here shows up on a handful of single covers associated with Andrea from the early '90s, so I think it's probably likely this is indeed what she looks like.
And Nori Nori Nori? That was not a hit?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 May 2018, 06:07

Lebon14 wrote: 22 May 2018, 05:23
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47I'm not 100% if this is really her or just a model, but the woman here shows up on a handful of single covers associated with Andrea from the early '90s, so I think it's probably likely this is indeed what she looks like.
And Nori Nori Nori? That was not a hit?
I mentioned she was the voice of Judy Crystal, an alias which she used at Eurobeat Masters and then one song at Dima. I think Melody Castellari actually sang a few non-eurobeat tracks under the Judy Crystal alias, but Andrea Delfino certainly owned the title the most, thanks to songs like "Nori Nori Nori", "God of Romance", "Baby Love Me", "Tokyo All Ready", and such.
ImageImage

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 May 2018, 14:09

#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47Her full name is Andrea Delfino. Beforehand, cheeseman had already gotten information that her initials were A.D., and from there deduced that her first name was probably Andrea, since there were several Italo disco songs that featured her vocals under the Andrea title. She has a page on Discogs
I don't think it's any news, just the clarification.

From many years in old YouTube links she was credited Andrea D. without initials, but I've seen full name Andrea Delfino somewhere.

Also in the linked Discogs profile there is clearly said she isn't the voice of Italo Disco project Andrea, which has male vocal. This is mistake, two different projects that should be divided.
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47Based on the evidence, I think we have pretty solid confirmation that this woman is indeed that classic singer from Saifam, Hi-NRG Attack, and Dima's labels
Do we use precised names of the labels related with Eurobeat scene where a specified singer worked or the publisher, company name ?

Saifam, Avex Trax or Asia Records, FCF Records, Hi-NRG Attack, Dima Music ? 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 May 2018, 15:17

Crockett wrote: 22 May 2018, 14:09
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47Her full name is Andrea Delfino. Beforehand, cheeseman had already gotten information that her initials were A.D., and from there deduced that her first name was probably Andrea, since there were several Italo disco songs that featured her vocals under the Andrea title. She has a page on Discogs
I don't think it's any news, just the clarification.

From many years in old YouTube links she was credited Andrea D. without initials, but I've seen full name Andrea Delfino somewhere.
Yeah, the name Andrea Delfino may in fact be vaguely familiar to me, but it’s only now that I’m able to put the pieces all together. Actually, I noticed somebody commenting on one of her songs on YouTube referred to her by her full name just under a year ago, bur cheeseman’s most recent catalogue from a few weeks ago still only listed her as Andrea D., so I thought I should spread the word here. :)
Also in the linked Discogs profile there is clearly said she isn't the voice of Italo Disco project Andrea, which has male vocal. This is mistake, two different projects that should be divided.
It only stated she isn’t to be confused with the Andrea of Baby Records, which may be based in Milan but was founded in 1974 and I’m pretty sure was not eurobeat. Italo disco and dance songs from the Andrea alias such as “Make My Heart Beat” and “I Feel Fine” are definitely Andrea Delfino and not the male vocalist you’re thinking of.
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 03:47Based on the evidence, I think we have pretty solid confirmation that this woman is indeed that classic singer from Saifam, Hi-NRG Attack, and Dima's labels
Do we use precised names of the labels related with Eurobeat scene where a specified singer worked or the publisher, company name ?

Saifam, Avex Trax or Asia Records, FCF Records, Hi-NRG Attack, Dima Music ? 8)
Well, obviously, it’s easiest to just say Saifam because they’ve had so many different sublabels that have shown up on eurobeat compilations throughout the ages.
ImageImage

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 22 May 2018, 16:06

#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 15:17It only stated she isn’t to be confused with the Andrea of Baby Records
The first 5 singles in 1985 and 1986 are Italo Disco from Baby Records with male voice, and the notice in the profile description concerns this fact, right ? On Discogs in practise that's another artist and a different profile should be created.
#Infinity wrote: 22 May 2018, 15:17Italo disco and dance songs from the Andrea alias such as “Make My Heart Beat” and “I Feel Fine” are definitely Andrea Delfino and not the male vocalist you’re thinking of.
Here begins already Eurobeat style, new Andrea in 1990 formed by Asia Records and FCF Records with actual Andrea D. vocal we are speaking of.

Indeed she started in 1989 and used various popular aliases, Laurie, Mela, Jenny Kee, Superlove.

In Time Records she was Virgin "Super Catching Desire".

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 02 Jun 2018, 12:08

Crockett wrote: 22 May 2018, 16:06Here begins already Eurobeat style, new Andrea in 1990 formed by Asia Records and FCF Records with actual Andrea D. vocal we are speaking of.

Indeed she started in 1989 and used various popular aliases, Laurie, Mela, Jenny Kee, Superlove.

In Time Records she was Virgin "Super Catching Desire".
While Mela, Motocarina, Superlove changed vocalist every now and then, Andrea was one of the few names on Asia/FCF records with consistent vocalist over the years. This made me think the nice girl on the sleeve might be the real singer. I've seen the name Delfino on Youtube as well, but I don't know if it is her real name. The discogs page is a bit of a mess, because only the FCF, Asia and 21st Century songs are related to her.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 04 Jun 2018, 14:00

Confirming- Andrea Delfino is in fact Judy Crystal. Roby Gabrielli will be working with her in the future :alien:

EDIT: Yes that is her on the sleeve, didnt read that part hehe
Creative Director, Higher Illusion
Digital Media Strategist/Contributor, Nick the Beat
http://disco-nrg.com/higherillusion

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jun 2018, 23:04

Asia Records just acknowledged Andrea Delfino on their Facebook page and even linked to her profile on that site, in case you're curious what she looks like today. :wink:
ImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 23 Jun 2018, 09:37

Wow, great find! I'll update that in my catalogue for sure.
#Infinity wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 23:04 Asia Records just acknowledged Andrea Delfino on their Facebook page and even linked to her profile on that site, in case you're curious what she looks like today. :wink:
That's a fanpage, not an official page run by Saifam - but still, great to see a mention there :)