If you could only listen to one era of SEB for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
flying_corridor
Eurocurious

If you could only listen to one era of SEB for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Post by flying_corridor » 31 Aug 2020, 02:37

Listening from beginning to end you can instantly recognise how SEB grew over the years from the early 90's to the late 10's. But if you were to break it down simply, if you could only choose to listen to one of three era for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

1-50

51-150

151-250

This is a hard choose because there's great music across all of this range, but for me I'd probably choose 151-250. I love the early stuff, Italian disco music from the 90's is amazing in general, and you can really notice the big change that occurred between 50-100 that you have to appreciate.

But for me as much as I like the old stuff, and as big some of the tracks got in pop culture as the series went on, I think the newer stuff resonates with me more. I just feel that the genre really defined it's self later in the series and felt more like 90's italo-dance which is more my thing compared to hi-nrg or italo-disco.

The series in the 100 to me seems a lot more consistent yet also more creative, and this continued on into a lot of the 200 as well. Don't get me wrong I'd be missing out on hundreds of great tracks by not choosing 50-150, but for me I just think what was great at the start and what was innovative in the middle, was really mastered by the end and holds probably my favourite tracks across all of SEB.

How about you?

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Re: If you could only listen to one era of SEB for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Post by Gtmkm98 » 02 Sep 2020, 16:11

I would definitely say from 151 onward here.
There's No Traffic Light at the Speed of Light.

-Supersonic Hero, by Steve Holley

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: If you could only listen to one era of SEB for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 27 Nov 2020, 21:57

flying_corridor wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 02:37 Listening from beginning to end you can instantly recognise how SEB grew over the years from the early 90's to the late 10's. But if you were to break it down simply, if you could only choose to listen to one of three era for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Never ask this question again! :wink:
Because the right choice could be also the wrong choice, if you know, what I mean, lol.

Well, I could't decide. Every era had their highs and their lows. Spontaneously I would say the beginning 1 - 50, because I love this Italo-Disco-Sound, which had always evolved to this cool, electronic Eurobeat-Sound we all know. Especially in this era you can hear it very well, how Eurobeat has envolved.
But the era from 151 - 250 was also very exciting and powerful. Here you can hear the full power of Eurobeat until the end. So many hype-songs, so loud, so excellent, holy shit, I can't describe it with just some words. And in my playlist, there were many songs from this era.

And the era from 51 - 150? Well, also not so bad. But from this era I don't love that many songs. In fact, there were many songs I hate. A look from Super Eurobeat Volume 100 to 150 says it all. For me it was a bad era. So this era would not win. But in general, the Eurobeat- genre was doing pretty badly at that point. It was the bad times, so to say. Well, for me at least.

So, my answer now? Don't know. It's hard to say.

flying_corridor
Eurocurious

Post by flying_corridor » 28 Nov 2020, 15:03

I think that's a fair argument 😅 I will never ask this question again. 😁 Yeah I fully agree, listening to the evolution of eurobeat as it grew in the early years is a hard sacrifice, I don't have a lot of early CDs but I do have both 50 and 110 and I think they do a great job of letting you hear that growth as it evolved. I agree comparing the 50's to the 150's and onward is an unfair assessment, although I was curious just to see how people would pick and where their interests would settle.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 29 Nov 2020, 19:01

2006 - 2009

Mear
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Mear » 30 Nov 2020, 09:15

vol.74-103 or 155-171.