The best thing for me about collecting SEB is...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
flying_corridor
Eurocurious

The best thing for me about collecting SEB is...

Post by flying_corridor » 03 Sep 2020, 21:02

... you might buy a certain CD just because you like a particular song, but when you listen to the whole CD you find one, two or maybe even three songs on there that not only have you never heard but you actually like better than the song you actually bought the CD for. This has happened to me on various occasions, I bought SEB195 for Dave Rodgers - Burning Like FIre, and discovered Mari San - Don't Belong and David Dima - King of the World, I bought SEB38 for Mike Skanner - Babe C'mon and didn't realize King & Queen - He-Hey Dancin' was on the same CD, I also got SEB218 for Rich Hard - On Your Wings and discovered Aleky - Little Twin Stars, Linda Ross - Love Is Danger, and that the whole CD is crammed with awesome tracks.

The best thing for me is just picking one song, buying the CD and finding out the rest when you finally listen to it, because this whole series is full of surprises.

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Re: The best thing for me about collecting SEB is...

Post by Gtmkm98 » 06 Sep 2020, 23:11

Yes, indeed. You may listen to a certain album for one song, but find several others. This is what I discovered with SEB 202 among several other SEB albums. I initially listened to Ready Forever / Chris Stanton, but then discovered that Can't Stop Lovin' You / Dream Fighters was on the same album (I knew it from Initial D several months before discovering the rest of the album). I then looked further into the album and found several gems, including - but not limited to:

Dreamlover / Paul Harris
My Hot Guitar / The Go-Go Girls
Playboy / Apple
All Around the World / Dave Rodgers and Matt Landau

This was also true for other albums, such as SEB 172, which I initially found after listening to Mad Desire / Stephy Martini (Which is still very high on my list over one year later). There are SO many good songs on this album, including:

Once Upon a Time / Pamsy
Go Racin' Go / Fastway
One Night in Tokyo / Alexis
Don't Stop the Music 2006 / Lou Grant
Baby Call Me Frankenstein / Jungle Bill
Countdown to Destination / Manuel
Dark and Bright / Nando
Black Devil / Ray Sun
Love Shining / Kasanova
ParaPara Girl / Barbie
Promised Land / Annalise

And several of these I found unintentionally, stumbling upon them on YouTube.

There are so many hidden gems in SEB, every album usually has one really well-known song, a few great songs, a few gems, and some that are plain sucky. You just have to dive further into the cave. :)
There's No Traffic Light at the Speed of Light.

-Supersonic Hero, by Steve Holley