Songs that sound like Eurobeat (but is not)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Teki
Bad Bad Bad

Songs that sound like Eurobeat (but is not)

Post by Teki » 25 Jun 2004, 15:19

Post your songs here that you think that sound like eurobeat (or at least reminds you of eurobeat or a certain eurobeat song).

For me.. Drive - Assemblage 23.

Okay.. I know this is an industrial song (but industrial does have alot of similarities to eurobeat). For starters, the title: Drive. It could easily be mistaken for a eurobeat song anyways. This song is just about that, drive. If you wanna hear it, just IM me, and tell me, and I'll be happy to send it to you (it's a really awsome song!)

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 25 Jun 2004, 15:33

A lot of the Saifam produced songs from like Interdance.. Barbie Young, Jenny Rom or The Zippers for example. Their music borderlines between eurodance and eurobeat and happy bubblegum music.

From these artists everybody probably knows Jenny Rom - Senorita (that's somewhat of a classic around the net) and well my personal favorite Barbie Young - Billy Crocodile.

Jion

Post by Jion » 25 Jun 2004, 21:00

yeah alot of Saifam's dance songs are like that
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

sobakasu
Eurocurious

Post by sobakasu » 25 Jun 2004, 21:12

I was gonna say... almost everything Saifam is eurobeat-ish.

A lot of it is structured like Eurobeat also. Like Jenny Rom + The Zippers + Such. Yeah. Basically what has already been said XD

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 26 Jun 2004, 05:18

I love Jenny Rom and the Zippers and all... But I have a video of a guy doing parapara to Barbie Young's "Cartoon Heros (Speedy Mix Extended)"... Now I know that the same song appears on DDR Extreme... But I was under the impression that parapara was really only eurobeat... maybe you'd have to put it into both eurobeat and eurodance.... hmmmmmm... i wonder.... :shock:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Jun 2004, 06:29

Jenny Rom is totally awesome. XD I love her stuff. Same with Wildside. umm queen of love. They totally screwed up Hitomi Yaida's my sweet darlin though :evil:

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 26 Jun 2004, 12:54

Heh yeah, Saifam seems to be a bit of a hybrid in the end. Their productions don't really fall clearly on any category but they just threw in a bit of everything and you get = SAIFAM

Spacemonkey*
Euro To B

Post by Spacemonkey* » 26 Jun 2004, 20:55

JENNY ROM :shock: <3
beep?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 27 Jun 2004, 00:15

I've come to the conclusion on my extensive research that everybody loves Jenny Rom...
Everytime something aggressive is in search there's Senorita to the rescue and that never fails.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 27 Jun 2004, 16:08

No doubt, saifam does sound like eurobeat at most times. However I certianly like speed ^^ (It is energetic as well, similar to eurobeat)

sobakasu
Eurocurious

Post by sobakasu » 27 Jun 2004, 17:30

Nine wrote:Jenny Rom is totally awesome. XD I love her stuff. Same with Wildside. umm queen of love. They totally screwed up Hitomi Yaida's my sweet darlin though :evil:
OMG I HAVE NO FAITH IN YOU ANYMORE ;-;. XD

Wildside SAVED My Sweet Darlin'. It sounds like crap when Hitomi Yaida does it XD. It's all. NO GUUD 2 HAV LOTS OF BEEUTIFUL THANGS. BECAUSE EYEM SCURRD 2 LUSE THEM. It's horrible and engrish ful.

Wildside made it pretty ;-;.

*rocks back and forth in the fetal position* XD

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 17 Jul 2004, 07:13

PSSSHT!! Wildside BUTCHERED Hitomi Yaida's My Sweet Darlin'! Hitomi Yaida's broken english makes the song so prettyful =3 Plus, the music is hella a lot better than Wildside's version. Though, I must add, Wildside did such an awesome job on their cover of BA KKWO.

Fukubei
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Fukubei » 11 Aug 2004, 16:54

Jenny Rom - Señorita (Speedy Mix), absolutely. I don't like other Jenny Rom songs a bit (they are WAY too "happy" for my taste) but Señorita is simply awesome. I got to know the song while playing StepMania, and I was soo happy when I found full version of the song with steps. :) Excellent stuff, mon, excellent stuff. ^^
Anhyaa~

beat freak
Eurocurious

Post by beat freak » 12 Aug 2004, 02:01

There's a new Jenny Rom song out now called Pippi Girl which is very typical for her. She seems to continue to try to sound like Aqua though it's been years since Barbie Girl was big.

I love Wildside's version of My Sweet Darlin'. It's so moving and upbeat. I really wish I could find an extended mix of that track. The other Eurobeat vs. Wildside tracks have sucked though (Irrisistablement, Queen Of Love, Speed Japan, Asereje, Heaven Is A Place On Earth).

It seems to me that no one makes a song sound like Eurobeat, unless they are doing it on purpose. The Aqua's and The Venga Boys type tracks were as close as American Radio was going to get. There are some great mixers that have a good Eurodance sound that borders on Eurobeat, such as Sleazesisters/Shanghai Surprise/Porl Young (all the same I think). You should check out there mixes if you want to branch into something new but similar to Eurobeat. Check out their mixes of Liberty X "Doin' It", Irie White's "No Peace In The World". Also worth checking out is the Soda Club remix team who are resurrecting the Euro sound of the 90's. And of course my favorite remix team, Almighty Associates. Their sound is more Euro Disco, but check out their work with Lisa Scott Lee for a good classy Eurobeat/disco sound.