Stephy Martini on SCP

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
oresama-chan
Eurohero

Stephy Martini on SCP

Post by oresama-chan » 30 Sep 2005, 10:59

Hi there,

I could get in touch with Stephy Martini and it turned out that she sang not only for DELTA, but also for LED, SCP etc. According to her, LOVING FOREVER / QUEEN OF HEARTS (DELTA), LET THE PEOPLE SAY / REGINA, DONNA TOKYO / LUNA (LED) were sung by her, and moreover a very popular song from SCP was her voice though she can't remember the title.

Do you have any idea what that song might be? I don't listen to SCP's songs that often, so I haven't got a clue. :P

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Sep 2005, 14:31

Well, the only female artists I can remember that aren't accounted for are:

Kiki
Kika
Fancy
Irene
Vanilla
Lilibeth
Messalina (?)
ST&B

And the only ones who aren't with SCP anymore seem to be Kika, Messalina (if she isn't Christine, and I haven't heard that song, and wouldn't call it that famous), and Vanilla.

My only guess is that she did Vanilla. Which makes sense. SCP's confirmed Vanilla is someone unique, and she hasn't done anything for a while, and Around the Universe was relatively popular.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 30 Sep 2005, 14:44

As far as I understood from SCP Kika = Fancy... that there was just a name change or something in there...

Oh and also when I inquired from SCP about Irene they did reply that she was an unique artist as well... But think that's relatively new so I'd assume it's not Stephy...

And Vanilla.. hmm well the vocals don't sound similar, but with high pitching it's not all that easy to recognize it. Go and figure...
Last edited by Bore on 30 Sep 2005, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Sep 2005, 14:47

Bore wrote:As far as I understood from SCP Kika = Fancy... that there was just a name change or something in there...
Nope. Kika != Fancy

Evelina mentioned that when I was there. Kika's apparently not doing eurobeat anymore. Although there's a chance they did some title mixing here and there before she left.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 30 Sep 2005, 14:49

Hmm... Been getting sort of mixed up signals from SCP about the whole Kiki & Kika issue all over. I'm not sure anymore what's true and what's not.
But basically when they say that Christine isn't either part of Kiki & Kika, I just feel weird about it. All For Love sounds _exactly_ like Christine. No matter how many times I try to listen to it and find differences to Christine I end up with nothing...

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 30 Sep 2005, 14:54

Bore wrote: But basically when they say that Christine isn't either part of Kiki & Kika, I just feel weird about it. All For Love sounds _exactly_ like Christine.
I agree.... All I seem to hear is her voice.... hmmm... :?:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Sep 2005, 14:55

Yeah. I can *really* hear Christine in some songs, especially in that one and Party Girl. And Kiki in Touch Me Honey sounds a LOT like Lucya, but no one seems to have asked about her.

But, yeah, all I know is they told me Fancy is not Kika, and Kika's not doing eurobeat anymore.

Of course, it's possible that Christine started as Kiki or Kika and then they switched to a more permanent name (like Delta did with Kevin Johnson), since All For Love is one of the earlier K&K songs.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 30 Sep 2005, 14:57

I'm happy about Let the People Say because it's one of my favorite eurobeat songs ever :3

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Sep 2005, 19:18

Ah! I just thought of something...

Did she say it was by SCP or simply Stefano-produced? Maybe she sang another Vibration song, when he was still with them. Guardian Angel would qualify, and be another Luna song for her. Just a thought.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 01 Oct 2005, 05:48

Thank you guys for your suggestions. :wink:

Aw, she said "a very famous piece of Stefano Castagna", so it might be another Vibration song as Mikaeru pointed out. Sorry, I've completely forgot he was once at Vibration. As to<i>GURDIAN ANGEL</I>, I'm not sure but it doesn't sound like her, though.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 05 Oct 2005, 12:38

OK guys, I've just got a mail from her and it says she did "Easy Busy".
Jee! Was she Kika?! 8)

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 05 Oct 2005, 13:09

oresama-chan wrote:OK guys, I've just got a mail from her and it says she did "Easy Busy".
Jee! Was she Kika?! 8)
Woo! One of my favorite songs then through out the years... Go Stephy... and well if Kika did vanish at some point and is not Fancy, then that would make sense... yet I still can't get over "All For Love".. Christine has to be in it =\

Jion

Post by Jion » 05 Oct 2005, 14:19

If you listen to Party Girl, it kinda does sound like her just on a much higher note than Emotions.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p