How popular is Eurobeat in your area/school?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

see topic

Everyone and their mom
3%
Pretty popular
3%
Kinda popular
6%
Not so popular
6%
Not at all
82%

Total votes: 34

CrUnChBiTe
Bad Bad Bad

Post by CrUnChBiTe » 12 Dec 2005, 20:16

I come from a smaller town so the only response to eurobeat is... dude is that initial d music? then its either "man i hate that stuff" or "its alright" myself i love eurobeat, i use to listin to eurodance but i got use to eurobeat and i like it alot more now.

first post!!! ^_^

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: How popular is Eurobeat in your area/school?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 23 Jul 2019, 19:55

Oh, the eternally sad story. :???:

I'm pretty sure (and trust me, I was never so sure as I'm right now), NOBODY in my area is listening to Eurobeat. No, better, they even don't know, what Eurobeat is. They would just say: "Ehm..., yeah, that's some... kind of music, right? Yes, ehm...I heard about that... maybe! I don't know!"

I can't imagine, that in my area are actually people, who knows about Eurobeat. I mean, Eurobeat was never mainstream (thank god), and if something's not mainstream, it's automatically unknown. And when I see people listen to music, then it's just the whole Hip Hop-filth or that mainstream-crap, that you hear every fuckin' day on the radio. The usual shit, you know. >_>

But to be fair, I never asked the people, what they hear and I never told them, what I hear. For example my parents. They know, that I love Rock and Metal. They also see me always wear my headphones. But actually they don't know, what I really hear for music. Just because I've never told them. And yes, they also never asked me.
But maybe it's just a little too embarrassing for me. I mean, it's awkward enough, that they know, that I watch anime, but then this kind of music?
Yes, it's always the same! It's difficult to talk about! Or do you have no problems? I mean, I would like to show my parents (and maybe some other people), how cool Eurobeat is and what's so special about. But that could probably meet with rejection or even worser. I don't know. I just can show people on the internet, how awesome Eurobeat is, but in fuckin' RL? Nah...

So, the popularity here is.... zero. Not 0,1% or 0,2%, it's really zero. Maybe I'm the only Eurobeat-fan in my area. But it's alright for me. The most important thing is, that I can enjoy Eurobeat. It's enough for me to be a huge fan.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Aug 2019, 08:06

Phil Jay Falcon wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 19:55 Oh, the eternally sad story. :???:

I'm pretty sure (and trust me, I was never so sure as I'm right now), NOBODY in my area is listening to Eurobeat. No, better, they even don't know, what Eurobeat is. They would just say: "Ehm..., yeah, that's some... kind of music, right? Yes, ehm...I heard about that... maybe! I don't know!"

I can't imagine, that in my area are actually people, who knows about Eurobeat. I mean, Eurobeat was never mainstream (thank god), and if something's not mainstream, it's automatically unknown. And when I see people listen to music, then it's just the whole Hip Hop-filth or that mainstream-crap, that you hear every fuckin' day on the radio. The usual shit, you know. >_>

But to be fair, I never asked the people, what they hear and I never told them, what I hear. For example my parents. They know, that I love Rock and Metal. They also see me always wear my headphones. But actually they don't know, what I really hear for music. Just because I've never told them. And yes, they also never asked me.
But maybe it's just a little too embarrassing for me. I mean, it's awkward enough, that they know, that I watch anime, but then this kind of music?
Yes, it's always the same! It's difficult to talk about! Or do you have no problems? I mean, I would like to show my parents (and maybe some other people), how cool Eurobeat is and what's so special about. But that could probably meet with rejection or even worser. I don't know. I just can show people on the internet, how awesome Eurobeat is, but in fuckin' RL? Nah...

So, the popularity here is.... zero. Not 0,1% or 0,2%, it's really zero. Maybe I'm the only Eurobeat-fan in my area. But it's alright for me. The most important thing is, that I can enjoy Eurobeat. It's enough for me to be a huge fan.
It was never marketed outside of Japan, mostly because of Avex, so it is to be expected that no one knows of. Same thing with k-pop unless they market outside US like BTS and such.

Gtmkm98
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Gtmkm98 » 01 Jan 2020, 23:18

Most of the people here in the Southeast United States only listen to the horrendous disaster we like to call 'country music'; literally, just stupid music with a cringy fashion that I cannot stand one bit. I just put my headphones on in the car and listen to my Eurobeat.
Most of my friends think Eurobeat is 'Japanese Rap' and are disgusted by it. Nobody around here listens to it; most people have never even heard of it.

I will wait for the day when everybody around here knows and loves Eurobeat.
There's No Traffic Light at the Speed of Light.

-Supersonic Hero, by Steve Holley

ICommitTaxFraud
Bad Bad Bad

Post by ICommitTaxFraud » 04 Jan 2024, 19:53

IT'S FUCKING EVERYWHERE!!! If I ask someone: "Ya like eurobeat???", they respond: "Yeye ofcourse".
Also we got the classic remixers like Turbo and Keisari from here so. You know

Warlord
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Warlord » 07 Jan 2024, 17:46

I would say no one although people say some songs sound familiar to them but they don't know them by name or know what is Eurobeat. They like it though I think..