Extended or Single version ?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.

Extended (Early Eurobeat volumes)
73%
Single (nowadays)
27%

Total votes: 26

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 11 Oct 2005, 12:31

Show to AVEX your flavor :wink: I voted extended ...of course! :D
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 11 Oct 2005, 13:12

Really wanna go back to the extended format myself as well... the excellent songs pre 64 are still awesome and hoping they'd bring back something like Maharaja Night for the extendeds =\

Jjb
Site Admin

Post by Jjb » 11 Oct 2005, 13:22

If there was a flurry of eurobeat series like there was a few years ago (ebf/seb/mh hr), I'd call for SEB to go back to extendeds.

But at the moment SEB is all that's really out there, so ... variety wins over an extra minute or so of mostly redundant material (there are exceptions to this, of course)

Like I suggested in another thread, I'd rather see the labels and or avex do this in some way. for example avex already has the infrastructure ... they could offer burnable WMA lossless (cd-quality) extended versions for an extra fee at @music.

Or a saifam-like system (though I hear they're trying a download service of their own, could be interesting ...)
Last edited by Jjb on 12 Oct 2005, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 11 Oct 2005, 16:03

Extended ......... please :D

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 11 Oct 2005, 19:29

Extended Versions are sooooooooooo much better then the "radio edits" that are on SEB now.... I would be much happier with the series if I didn't know that they were edited for release.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 11 Oct 2005, 19:36

I voted for Extended Versions!

Honestly, I like both, so it's not a big deal to me. However, I prefer Extended Versions!
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 12 Oct 2005, 03:55

I'd perfer Extended as well, but as Jjb said at the moment with only SEB series still going and 7 labels on it, avex would need to at least introduce a new series to make it viable and variable. So with going with the current situation, radio edits are perferable.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 12 Oct 2005, 08:37

Who wants the single version when everybody knows the extendeds are much better?
When I listen on Initial D the extendeds, I can see that the best parts were cut off from the single version.
Avex, please restart Eurobeat Flash series so you will have enough place for the songs...
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Oct 2005, 08:03

8)I like extended versions. Of course on cd they don't have the same magic as 12's. You can't mix them ,speed or slow them up and most important ...the 12' covers. Those old 90's Hi- Energy 12' covers were great. So until the 12's come back in style, I prefer my osage of 18 songs per cd. :D

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Extended or Single version ?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 15 Jul 2019, 22:35

So many similiar threads... and a little bit of boredom. What the fuck am I doing with my life? :grin:

But like I said in the other thread, I will ever prefer extended versions of Eurobeat-songs. Why? To keep the hype still high! 8)

This is why I would also prefer to the extended songs from the early Eurobeat-volumes back in the day. Like the Maharaja Night or the Super Eurobeat-Volumes from the 90s. They were all extended, so this is why I have in my playlist more extended versions from back then as the Eurobeat-songs from "today", if I can said that. I never understood, why this trend came to an end. Suddenly all Eurobeat-tracks were just 4 minutes. I don't know, on which Eurobeat-volumes came this up (actually, I'm just too lazy to look for it now) but every song, specially my favourites, could go a few minutes longer. Even if they just take just a minute longer, I would be satisfied.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it in the other thread, but normally everyone would say now, that I should listen to Non-stop mixes, cause here I can listen to it for whole hours without to switch to other songs all the time. Yeah, I know that already and somebody has also mentioned that in the other thread. But I will not agree with it. Non-stop mixes are good, but that's it. Why should I listen to Non-stop mixes, when my favourites are not included? That brings me nothing. I mean, for what do I have a playlist then? And I'm sure, the extended versions is how the vocalist and producers want their music to be heard, the fans are not the only ones, who want longer edits. I want to hear the songs I love until the end. And with this, you get the full song experience, too. :)
This is how I see the things. Everything else I have already said in the other topic and my opinion didn't change, it's still meaningfulness.

Yeah, yeah, I know, nobody is with me, right? :wink: