Super Eurobeat 163

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

more than a feeling

Post by newfield » 28 Dec 2005, 18:41

oresama you telling me they cut the rap part away? elisa saying: shake your body,move your body?...shit!!

it means I'm gonna put the extended on an ftp,for the fans!!!!

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 28 Dec 2005, 19:13

D= There was a rap part??!!?? Why does Avex always edit out good stuff... First the second guitar solo part in Not For Sale and the cool intro of Wake Up!, then the guitar solo in Pilot Is The Hero now this >:|
I wish Avex would go back to releasing extendeds. And Mr. Newfield I am wanna hear that rap part so badly. Also it sounds like you put alot of hard work and extra effort into the track.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 29 Dec 2005, 00:46

Exactly. They cut out the rap part, Laurent.

I wanna hear the extended version, too!! :D
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Dec 2005, 09:34

8) The Kevin Johnson is definatly the best track on SEB 163. The "Sorry Sorry" extra sounds better every time I hear it. Was it done intentionly or did you know us fans would love a gimmick like that? :D

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 29 Dec 2005, 10:13

This has turned out to be a much better SEB than 161 or 162 in terms of consistency. Although Eurobeat these days seems to be veering ever further down the road of experimental or retro :) Which is a good thing (the same old hyper eurobeat repeated over and over does get a little tiresome).

It's nice to see Delta producing 2 slow disco style tracks this time out as well (or rather, old-school Eurobeat/Italo Disco) - they are for me two of the biggest highlights on this album :D Although "Gun Boy", "Move Into My Heart", "Viva The Night", "Never Mind" and "Just For Me" are other favourites.. Heck, there's very little on this compilation I don't like, so that can only be a great thing!

The writers for "Got To Be Your Lover" are Taco Ockerse himself, Bastos and Lammers - so one can only assume the Stock/Aitken/Waterman track that Taco was rumoured to have done rubbed off on him :) because this track resonates with Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan all over.

What a disappointment "Love Is Danger 2005" turned out to be though :( I was really looking forward to that after the huge enjoyment I got from hearing Wild Reputation and Like A Virgin given a facelift, but I guess it is not to be this time out.

Still, all in all a fantastic CD, and "More Than A Feeling" and "Got To Be Your Lover" are definitely worth multiple listens :D

M;.

beat freak
Eurocurious

Post by beat freak » 29 Dec 2005, 20:46

More Than A Feeling is a brilliant song. So glad to hear that the 80's PWL style is still around and as fresh as ever. Laurent is probably doing a better job than Stock Aitken Waterman at making these great dance floor songs. I love too that he is willing to admit his songs are inspired by former SAW songs. He recently did it with Rene Froger's "Are You Ready for Loving Me", turning that PWL classic into a new Eurobeat hit. It really makes me look forward to his product in the future. Long live Laurent & Delta.