Eurobeat in Fruity Loops.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Shinnosuke
Bad Bad Bad

Eurobeat in Fruity Loops.

Post by Shinnosuke » 07 Dec 2005, 13:35

Hello!
I am trying to compose some eurobeats in fruity loops but i'm having some trouble to find that eurobeat synth sound.Does someone knows what i have to do with the 3x Oscillators, or with anything else in FlStudio to get that sound?
Thanks!
Nuage:The Queen of Eurobeat!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 07 Dec 2005, 14:39

FL doesn't do too great a job at reproducing eurobeat, I've found. The samples that it uses are crap and sound nothing like what you need. Particularily the samples you'd use to make the baseline. They just don't sound... right.

As for that particular synth that most eurobeat uses that you want to use is also hard to reproduce... at least I've had very little sucess.

If you ever have any success, I'd like to hear about it, but from what I know, it's no easy task with FL.

I mean, if it was easy/good on FL, artists would use it, right?
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Shinnosuke
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Shinnosuke » 07 Dec 2005, 14:52

Do you know any other program that i could use to make that synth sound?
Nuage:The Queen of Eurobeat!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 07 Dec 2005, 16:30

Well, that was the problem.

We never figured out exactly how to reproduce such a sound outside of the commercial eurobeat industry.

I think I've heard it done before, but it seems to be something of a secret as to how to make it.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Jion

Post by Jion » 07 Dec 2005, 17:04

I've stayed away from Fruity Loops for that reason. I don't like the sounds of the instruments. Just doesn't fit eurobeat at all...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Dec 2005, 20:16

External synths are nice. Some good ones are Waldorf MicroQ, Novation Supernova, Access Virus, Roland's 8000 series.

It isn't necesarily one sound, too. Quite often it's a combination of sounds to make the one line.

If you're looking for something free, try Superwave P8. It's a free version of the more powerful Superwave vsts, pretty good, all it's really missing is an arpeggiator.

Failing that, just try modifying presets. I'm not too familiar with FL, but in most vsts, variants of organ or synth brass sounds tend to fit the eurobeat feel to it.

Cubasis is a nice, relatively cheap, option for starting out. Should come with some nice vsts.

Jion

Post by Jion » 08 Dec 2005, 02:04

Do you make eurobeat on your own Mikaeru?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 08 Dec 2005, 03:46

redtarzanboi wrote:Do you make eurobeat on your own Mikaeru?
*faceplant*

Yes I do. And I've posted it several times here. :P

http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtopic.php?t=694

And the lyrics contest has a bunch of my older songs. Anything I've done in the past couple months (aside from Think Of Me) hasn't been finished, cause I'm horrible at getting vocals done.

Jion

Post by Jion » 08 Dec 2005, 04:46

What do you use for the instruments?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 08 Dec 2005, 05:15

In the older songs:

Pretty much everything that came with Cubasis 5.

Steinberg Universal Sound Module for drums (I used to REALLY dislike electronic drumkit sounds, I still don't like them for hihat much, so I go for more realistic drum sounds), orchestra hit, tubular bells and piano. And any other midi-type instruments.
Steinberg Easy Electric Guitar for the guitar (can't play it myself, and don't know anyone who plays in that style)
JX16 for most of the synths (usually a modified version of a Synth Brass preset)
Sometimes I use a specialized organ vst, but almost never as the main sound.
A bass vst (I forget the name) is also my main bass sound.

Now, I use the above, although I use the JX16 a LOT less, along with Superwave Pro and Trance Pro. (The arp presets in Trance Pro are amazing) I use the onboard sounds on a Yamaha keyboard for piano, strings and "notated" percussion (tube bells, timpani). I also started using some vinyl scratches for an effect similar to one in Sticky Tricky & Bang.

Most of my main sounds now come from a Waldorf MicroQ. Very good sound module. Can't figure out how to make any sounds, but the presets are quite good as it is.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 08 Dec 2005, 09:15

All synths sounds coming from a Roland JD800,get an Akai for drums and a DX7 for bass...that's all!!!

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 08 Dec 2005, 23:28

Hi Laurent,

Do you means the legendary synthesizer YAMAHA DX7?
:roll:

It's was used in the eighties by Roberto Zanetti (Savage) for his compositions...

Best regards,
Pol :wink:
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 09 Dec 2005, 09:24

right!

the greatest synth ever made...by japanese people!!

We used the first version in Saifam ,I used the DX7 II in Time,and now in Delta the expander TX802.Basic preset named El.Bass 1&2.
Some people don't understand the power of this synth.Factory presets are cool but if you try to edit you can create the weirdest sounds I ever heard.

Once a japanese producer came in the studio and ask me how I get this punchy brass sound.
I set a rich brass on a roland jupiter 6 then add a short percussive sound on the DX7,comp+eq+reverb...nuts!!! I said:"you japanese made this synths...I need to show you how to use it,ha ha ha!!!"

Jion

Post by Jion » 09 Dec 2005, 17:47

HAHAHAHAHA! I wish I could have been there to hear you say that! I would have fallen over!

Makke
Eurocurious

Post by Makke » 09 Dec 2005, 18:05

The legendary DX7! I saw one review in the past which saying that this keyboard is too complecate to most people.Too special machine, they said. Well, one of my friend have it and it sounded good, i must say. Not all the newist is the best.