Super Eurobeat VOl. 166

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 29 Mar 2006, 21:53

This album is pretty good. It's better than the last 2 imo. I really like Shock Out, Domino, Destiny, King Of Chinatown, and Black UFO. They are my favs from the album.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Apr 2006, 11:54

Let me just say - both HRG songs on this album are absolutely crap. What happened with the production on them? Did the producers forget to actually finish their demos, as that's what these sound like (not very good ones at that). I'm very disappointed in you HRG...

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 01 Apr 2006, 17:28

i agree, but i think most of the rest of the album is crap too.

hao-bao
Euro To B

Post by hao-bao » 01 Apr 2006, 21:07

BTW, where to get this album? I wanna get an opinion too !

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 01 Apr 2006, 22:21

You can buy it from www.cdjapan.co.jp

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 02 Apr 2006, 07:49

I'm kind of disappointed in how they edited Black UFO. Ah well, they had to do it some way, but I especially don't like the way they placed the intro in the full version near the end. Just sounds really weird when you've heard the full version some odd 300 times. :p I like it still, but the full version is much better.

My faves on the album: Domino, Shock Out, Love Is Like A Fight, Burning Highway, Ring Of Fire. The rest sounded pretty bland.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Apr 2006, 10:51

Jay wrote:I'm kind of disappointed in how they edited Black UFO. Ah well, they had to do it some way, but I especially don't like the way they placed the intro in the full version near the end. Just sounds really weird when you've heard the full version some odd 300 times. :p I like it still, but the full version is much better.
I feel exactly the same way - it sounds far too cut'n'paste for me, but then again I have listened to the extended version religiously for ages! ^_^

But yeah, they made a much better job of Domino - at least it's intro is complete...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Apr 2006, 20:20

8) That always happens! If you listen to the extende4d version version. That SEB deit just doesn't cut it. Yo realize the song has been hacked to pieces. For those of you who collect 90's 12s from TIME, ABeatC and Asaia recall those terrible radio edits on b. side of record?
I think DELTA is proboly one of the few labels that have mastered the 4:00 min edit. Also SCP and now HRG and TIME has begun with songs like "Terminator" and "Passion" come to mind. the rest of the labels is basically verse, bridge, chorus 3X :) P.S I think Boom Boom Beat was never intended for 4 min edit?

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 03 Apr 2006, 11:05

The biggest mistake with radio editing a BBB track I felt was Queen back on SEB 164 - the intro to that seems to occupy so much of the song! Then the whole thing is over in two verses/choruses :( Very short indeed, especially compared to the extended edit I've listened to.

Anyone else notice the obvious spelling mistake on SEB 166? ;) Dave Rogers, indeed. I could understand other names being misspelt, but the person who did that should just be shot.

M;.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 07 Apr 2006, 20:02

the_ditz wrote:Let me just say - both HRG songs on this album are absolutely crap. What happened with the production on them? Did the producers forget to actually finish their demos, as that's what these sound like (not very good ones at that). I'm very disappointed in you HRG...
Even though HRG is not my favorite label, I must say that I like their songs on this compilation very much! Also the Symbol song is great, and so are the songs of Brian Ice, Melissa White, Neo, Leila, Lupin, Valery Scott, Mark Gillan and Sara. Good album!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Apr 2006, 21:14

What exactly appeals to you in the 2 HRG songs jeurobeat? I'm just very curious to know what other people hear and like as I really cannot find any redeeming qualities about either track

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Apr 2006, 08:40

8) When I get mine I'll definatly try my best to defend HRG Attack :D

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 08 Apr 2006, 10:22

What I like about the new HRG songs:

I like the melodies (both songs). All melodies - vocals, background melodies, phrase.

No chipmunk vocals, and I'm very glad about that! (I like the Baby Gold vocals more than Lou Lou Marina).

The sounds are nice, and the arrangements are good. Nice bassline. All fits together very well.

I especially like the sound quality. The sound is bright, and I love it! In case you don't understand what I mean: it's bright (with clear high tones) just like the Delta sound, most of BBB/ASIA, Vibration (Ferraris/Caria days), AbeatC (only the Leonardi days 1991-1995; Rodgers seems to prefer the old tape recorder sound, especially back in 1995, but later as well). Previous HRG also had the old tape recorder sound quality (SEB 140s).

And I like the tempo of the songs.

Anyway, the_ditz, what is it that you prefer in other HRG songs over these?

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 08 Apr 2006, 10:23

drnrg wrote:8) When I get mine I'll definatly try my best to defend HRG Attack :D
8) I'd like to see that :lol:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 08 Apr 2006, 11:10

Okay, I'm going to use Baby Gold - The Night Is Party as an example here...

For a start, the intro has the most ugly vocal effects I've ever heard - they sound very amateur like the kind of ridiculous stuff you can do on Singstar for the PS2 when you playback vocals by making them high-pitched or warped...

The main synth hook has virtually no backing at all - there is just a loud melo lead, the beat and quiet bass and that's about it. Compare this with synth sections in tracks such as Control Alt Delete and Blow or even Pun Pun Beam from 164, and you'll see that they have a much "fuller" sound and it sounds more like a complete stereo sound.

Overall, I just feel that the production of both HRG tracks on 166 is lacking something very important that is preventing them from sounding finished and complete - there are too many sections that are bare and sparse that need to be filled out better like Pun Pun Beam, Ctrl Alt... etc. are...