Hi guys! Need some advice

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Hi guys! Need some advice

Post by Akira » 13 Feb 2012, 21:47

Hello! It's my first post on Eurobeat-Prime, so I'm gonna introduce myself:

I'm Akira/Dani, a Spanish guy who first knew about eurobeat about two and a half years ago (dancing parapara, in fact xD), but it was a year ago when I fell in love with it.

On September last year, I started trying to produce it, but I'm kinda useles hahahah but keep on trying! I use FL Studio, Sytrus and Nexus (mainly) and use trance synths in high melodies to achieve the riff. I do remixes in order to be able to practice more often (so I can skip all that composing part and focus on the production).

I've got a couple of doubts but first I wanted to upload some audio. The problem is I'm so useless I don't know how hahahah. Would be really happry if you could help me. It's an S&M eurobeat remix xD (totally random).

Thank you!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 13 Feb 2012, 22:11

Use a free hosting service and post the link here (a good example is www.zippyshare.com). Alternatively, if you have a YouTube account, use a free mp3 to YouTube application such as http://www.mp32tube.com/.

I pretty much use the same tools as you (mainly FL Studio, Sytrus & z3ta+) and have had some success (you can hear my videos via my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/theditz - Burn My Heart & Playing With Fire (DTZ Power Remix) are probably the best to listen to).

Look forward to hearing your stuff :)

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 14 Feb 2012, 21:44

Thank you!

I LOVED Burn my heart *o* It's really cool and powerful! hahah :)

Here's a preview of the song: http://www.mediafire.com/?m1bzwumwub698z1 (it's not finished yet, although it's 90%)

As you'll probably notice, I like 'fresh' hooks hahahah The main problem I've had is the bass. It still doesn't convince me 100%, but it doesn't sound bad at all.

I've also tried some tips I read on this forum, like making a polylabeled riff (it's five different synths which I previously modified). I also played a little with portamento and the vocal fade in at the beginning. Even if I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I practised with some percussion effects, but I guess I'll need to keep on trying hahah

Well, I hope you can help me with some tips and advice so I can improve it and turn it into a great eurobeat remix!

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 04 Mar 2012, 13:05

After looking for more stuff in the forum I finally finished the song:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7ea9muans7rbssd

I modified the bass, changed some rythm breakdowns and have added some guitar (which is the most noticeable change hahah).

I'm gonna let it like this, but I'd like to hear new suggerences for the coming tracks (I'm planning to make an original song this time!) :)

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 06 Mar 2012, 12:15

Awesome! Keep up the great work so we can put you on Eurobeat Forever in the future!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 Mar 2012, 18:52

That piece of music is absolutely great! Turn down the volume of the guitars a bit by the way! :)

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 09 Mar 2012, 15:26

Here's another remix, but this one's hyper techno. It's Pyromania, by Cascada.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pq5dwwdceo4l89b

I'm having some problems with Techno because it's impossible to find any tips on the net, and I don't get a good synth. I've used a couple of presets on Nexus which I modified and then got this sound on Pyromania, but I don't want to depend on the synths so each song can have a different 'taste'.

Also, I wanted to put some dubstep in there. Not 100% dubstep, but use a combination of a dubstep bass with a hyper techno synth to make a good bridge.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 09 Mar 2012, 20:34

Akira, could you please give me your Skype ID by PM ?

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 15 Mar 2012, 19:48

Hi, guys! In trouble again! I'm completely unable to find/make the bass I want. I'd like something like, to name an example, One Week /Krystal feat. David Dima.

The bass I'm using now, even if it's a combination of actually two basses, sounds too dancy and diffuse. I've modified it as much as I could, but I think I might have been wrong in my modifications.

Any advice/whatever? :)