I need your ideas for Patreon perks.

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

I need your ideas for Patreon perks.

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 19 Feb 2016, 11:04

Copied from my Facebook post:
Now that I have 10 videos online, I proved myself to be able to post songs on a regular base. It's kind of a first milestone for me and with that I want to start using Patreon to be eventually able to finance a living dedicated to making music as a full time job.
I would like to hear from you what kind of rewards you would like to get. I already thought about some stuff like backing tracks (instrumentals), a-capella versions, of course the regular versions of the songs in lossless quality too. What amounts would you be willing to pay on a per song/video base (the frequency will remain at 1-2 posts a week)?

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B

Post by Gabriel C Media » 19 Feb 2016, 17:13

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel you're thinking way WAY too ahead if you're trying to do a Patreon with only 10 videos 0_o.

Patreons are something that you do when you at least have a sizable fan-base. Even then, it will probably only support you so much. For music to be a full-time job like you want, you'd have to be extremely far ahead and fortunate in the kind of success you need. For most people, even people who have been making music for years, they still have day jobs and other means to support themselves, including performing at shows and conventions. These are people who also have Patreons of there own.

I understand you're excited. I think it's wonderful that you're putting out music on a regular basis, as long as you're not rushing. Just keep going, exploring, and furthering your skills! :).

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 20 Feb 2016, 06:20

Gabriel C Media wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel you're thinking way WAY too ahead if you're trying to do a Patreon with only 10 videos 0_o.

Patreons are something that you do when you at least have a sizable fan-base. Even then, it will probably only support you so much. For music to be a full-time job like you want, you'd have to be extremely far ahead and fortunate in the kind of success you need. For most people, even people who have been making music for years, they still have day jobs and other means to support themselves, including performing at shows and conventions. These are people who also have Patreons of there own.

I understand you're excited. I think it's wonderful that you're putting out music on a regular basis, as long as you're not rushing. Just keep going, exploring, and furthering your skills! :).
Don't wanna be too negative but I have to agree, you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment if you set up a bunch of stuff like a Patreon that need a dedicated fanbase to support it. Wait until you've got the fans to support larger projects is my take.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 20 Feb 2016, 07:51

Don't worry, I don't expect to become rich in the first few weeks. With “eventually” I meant more like in 1-2 years perhaps or even in 5 years.

It's still a small amount of people but some already asked me for something like that. So even if it would only be a little bit of extra money in the beginning, it's still that bit of extra money. And to be honest with the amount of money I got at the moment, even 50 € more or less make a huge difference so why not.

Also I think it would be a good idea to get used to that stuff and make all the mistakes one could make before there is a too large fan base. ^^"

Galaxian Recordings
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Galaxian Recordings » 20 Feb 2016, 08:14

Anthony McBazooka wrote:Don't worry, I don't expect to become rich in the first few weeks. With “eventually” I meant more like in 1-2 years perhaps or even in 5 years.

It's still a small amount of people but some already asked me for something like that. So even if it would only be a little bit of extra money in the beginning, it's still that bit of extra money. And to be honest with the amount of money I got at the moment, even 50 € more or less make a huge difference so why not.

Also I think it would be a good idea to get used to that stuff and make all the mistakes one could make before there is a too large fan base. ^^"
Good strategy. Once you release enough videos and have at least a few hundreds of fans by then you will be able to make some good amount of money off your videos and material. 8)

In fact I have a somewhat similar strategy of finishing one instrumental per week (meaning I'd be doing around 50 every year), but releasing the songs on YouTube will depend on when my friend is available to record in which I hope to do about one a week. My plan for my Forever NRG series is to hopefully get about 3-4 albums out a year, except I hope to release my first one as a freebie. To help, I am working on a Flash animated music video for "Keep On Moving" which will be on the first volume.

Aside from that, best of luck to you and once you put out more material and keep up the improvements...you will do just fine I'm sure!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 20 Feb 2016, 12:17

If you need some ideas for perks, these come to my mind. (personal price suggestions)
- posting WiPs (30-40 seconds previews) (1+ Dollar/song)
- reduced price (or even free) for future releases on bandcamp (5+ Dollar/song)
- download single track files like instrumental, vocals for remixing or fancovering or just loving to listen to instrumentals (10+ Dollar/song)
- request a cover (15+ Dollar/per song - or one request/15 Dollar)

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 20 Feb 2016, 12:19

not good at english..but can i ask?

what is Patreon mean?
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B

Post by Gabriel C Media » 20 Feb 2016, 14:25

Anthony McBazooka wrote:Don't worry, I don't expect to become rich in the first few weeks. With “eventually” I meant more like in 1-2 years perhaps or even in 5 years.

I suppose! :)

Make sure you reach out to your friends, whether they are musicians or not, and other producers who've used Patreon for a long time, so you know how to use it effectively :).

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 20 Feb 2016, 14:38

KoolKool wrote:not good at english..but can i ask?

what is Patreon mean?
Patreon is a crowdfunding platform for artists. Fans can directly support their idols with x Dollars/month /work and for that, they get a few gifts back. This can be "Works in Progresses" (WiP) to see the current progress, special files like instrumental layers for FL Studio. I also have seen an artist who livestreams a broadcast only for his "Patrons" (supporters) - where they get the freshest material.
It's a great way to involve your fans into your work. They can give you suggestions, requests, feedback before your work is 100% done. :)

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 21 Feb 2016, 13:23

KiraTM wrote:If you need some ideas for perks, these come to my mind. (personal price suggestions)
- posting WiPs (30-40 seconds previews) (1+ Dollar/song)
- reduced price (or even free) for future releases on bandcamp (5+ Dollar/song)
- download single track files like instrumental, vocals for remixing or fancovering or just loving to listen to instrumentals (10+ Dollar/song)
- request a cover (15+ Dollar/per song - or one request/15 Dollar)
This sounds really good. Knowing that you're already experienced as a patron, this seems to be something where I can see what kind of perks are worth which amount of money for a typical consumer.

Edit:
I made an announcement page on my web site: http://mcbazooka.com/patreon/