"Monkey Dance" Para Para routine questions...

Wave your arms from side to side, do the parapara all!
d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 01 Apr 2007, 19:06

FAII wrote:Thanks for the video. It confirmed my suspicions of how the dance should be performed.

There's one indescriphency, though. At 0:50 (Velfarre) / 0:40 (Gazen), the two kids do something differently from the Velfarre people.

Which one's the correct way? I still need that Matsuri vid because of this :P.
The kids are supposed to be doing an X but it comes out sloppy...? Either way, I'd trust the velfarre video the most since they're the ones who created the dance. The Gazen D-1 girls are crap anyways...
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 02 Apr 2007, 10:32

d-tan: No. In the Velfarre video, the people "heil" twice with their right arm and then twice with their left.

The kids do the "triple wavy motion" where they slowly sweep their arm to one side while making three wavy motions with it (usually followed by clapping their hands, which they actually do later in the routine) with their right arms to the left followed by two "heiling" motions with their left arms.

The Velfarre video is kinda fast and weird, but it's obvious they're doing a double "Heil" and now a "Triple Wavy Motion" (sorry, I don't know the lingo. I just dance the dance).

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 02 Apr 2007, 12:58

FAII wrote:d-tan: No. In the Velfarre video, the people "heil" twice with their right arm and then twice with their left.

The kids do the "triple wavy motion" where they slowly sweep their arm to one side while making three wavy motions with it (usually followed by clapping their hands, which they actually do later in the routine) with their right arms to the left followed by two "heiling" motions with their left arms.

The Velfarre video is kinda fast and weird, but it's obvious they're doing a double "Heil" and now a "Triple Wavy Motion" (sorry, I don't know the lingo. I just dance the dance).
"Triple Wavy Motion" you are talking about is called a nami (nami, nami, nami pon). Anyways, I just looked at both videos again and they BOTH do it the same, it's just the one little boy (Ryosuke) accidentally messes up and starts doing the nami's, but he goes back into doing the hailing motions. He actually makes a few mistakes throughout the video but the girl does it correct (Ramu).
Super Euro Power Hour

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 02 Apr 2007, 13:36

Hmm... I always just ignored the girl :P. Because in my opinion, he's not bouncy enough, like at the beginning and the end of the routine, the boy's practically jumping around while she's barely lifting her feet off the ground.

Of course, ironically, the Para Para All Stars aren't very bouncy either. They do it a lot more like the girl and not the boy. So which version do you like more? The bouncy one or the non-bouncy one? I like the bouncy one more since it's just a Happy Happy song, but would it be considered sloppy of me to a more bouncy version instead of the less bouncy one like the PPAs?

OK, I see it now, thanks :P. What's the hailing motion called?

I've always found that single Nami Nami Nami Pon to be weird. I just didn't notice that the girl didn't do it' til now :P.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 03 Apr 2007, 02:10

I would say once again that it depends on your style. You can be bouncy and still do the moves correctly (just make sure not to lose yourself in your happy bounciness and become sloppy which is easy to do, believe me, I know :P)

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 03 Apr 2007, 11:55

Could someone in the know give me the official names of the most common moves in ParaPara? Like, what the hell does that hailing move called?

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 03 Apr 2007, 18:56

When people do the hailing move, they just say either right or left. :3

So it's like er...
Migi, migi, hidari, hidari

If you explain 2 right arm hails and 2 left arm hails.

I have the Gazen ParaPara Paradise Photomook/DVD, so I'll make gifs of moves and explain them.
Super Euro Power Hour

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 03 Apr 2007, 19:08

Thank you so much!

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 04 Apr 2007, 15:23

These gifs are heavy, so I just made links for them.

Hiraku:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7213/hirakuqr4.gif
This is the "sweeping" motion.

Guu:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3410/guuaz3.gif
This is the door knock move.

Nami:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4264/namiwf1.gif
Explained this move to you already, but it's the wavy motion. In recent times, people have stopped doing the clap in this set of moves (like Satoko doesn't do it).

Arosu:
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/697/arosuuo0.gif
Not really sure how to explain this... but you'll get it ^^;;

Aokin:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1016/aokinwz0.gif
Same with this, not sure how to explain it in English terms ^^;;
Super Euro Power Hour

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 04 Apr 2007, 22:06

d-tan wrote: Explained this move to you already, but it's the wavy motion. In recent times, people have stopped doing the clap in this set of moves (like Satoko doesn't do it).
Aww... But I like the clapping... ;_;
d-tan wrote: Aokin:
That girl in the back laughing or something?

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 04 Apr 2007, 22:52

Mikaeru wrote:
Probably, in the actual video Satoko makes the 2 girls on the side do the certain move wrong, because Satoko wants to make a point that you have to pay attention to detail.
Super Euro Power Hour

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 04 Apr 2007, 23:44

d-tan wrote:
Mikaeru wrote:
Probably, in the actual video Satoko makes the 2 girls on the side do the certain move wrong, because Satoko wants to make a point that you have to pay attention to detail.
Oh yeah... I think I've seen that one, probably on Youtube before Avex's lawyers yanked almost everything.

FAII
Euro To B

Post by FAII » 05 Apr 2007, 17:03

Thanks for those! But what do you call a Guu that's done with an open palm?

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 05 Apr 2007, 17:20

FAII wrote:Thanks for those! But what do you call a Guu that's done with an open palm?
Actually... I don't know :3 I only learn the names of moves while watching ParaPara lessons in the Japanese club events, but I don't remember hearing the name :3
Super Euro Power Hour