How would you promote parapara?

Wave your arms from side to side, do the parapara all!
Mirò
Euro To B

How would you promote parapara?

Post by Mirò » 15 May 2007, 18:28

I saw the "how would you promote eurobeat" by Bore in the eurobeat section but I didn't answered because not too acknowledged about that. But I thought "why not open a parapara topi like this?" and so I'm doing! :grin:

Well, let's propose a situation: you are a Parapara team and you want to spread the dance in all your country. One day someone gives you the occasion to show yourself and your team in a festival.
Which routine would you show to make the people go wild about parapara? Mixed or single?
Would you try to make a parapara lesson teaching a routine?

I've had a situation like this... well I've had two... but let's forget about the first ( :x ... :P ). It was a comic festival and my team and I have made it in this way:
Two songs mixs:
- the first made by us with Anime remix songs (in order: Sapace Boy/Dave Rodgers, Dreaming of You/Lolita, For Real Remix/????, Zankoku na Tenshi no Teeze/????, Micky Mouse March/Domino)
- the second was the Special 7 from ParaPara Paradise 7 =PPP (I love it!!!)

We were supposed to make a lesson, teaching Ale Japan by Dave Rodgers but problems with the organisation made it impossible :(

Now we're organising another exhibition to another comic festival. We don't know how much time we'll have for the show but we're planning one mix and in case we'll modify our plans =P.
The mix is called SCP LC Mix!!! (where LC stands for something in italian which can't be revealed =P). At the moment it include:
- Let it burn/Go 2
- Big on Emotion/Lisa Lion
- Super Striker/Go 2
- Go Beat Crazy/Fastway
- Walking in the shadow/Pamsy

We want to do a great mix.. with quite long and really short pieces of song during the song change =P
Do you suggest me other cool SCP songs routines?

Now that you read all this... remember even the first question of the topic XDDDDD

Thank you and sorry for the long mex and for my english of today ^_^;;;;
<br>

Momo
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Momo » 16 May 2007, 12:35

Hey! Good lucky then!

I'd suggest (random order XD~~):

Think of you - Lolita
Funky funlover - Go 2
Shock out - Fastway
Atsuku Atsuku Atsuku Koi ~Mysery of Love~ - Ichidai
Loving tonight - Lolita
Roly poly rock - Kiki & Fancy
Yellow Butterfly - Milk & Coffea (I didn't learn this rotine yet... but is 2 cute!! ^-^)

...... .:*:. Momo .:*:. ........

ReAction RoX a LoT

Mirò
Euro To B

Post by Mirò » 18 May 2007, 15:04

There's no much parapara fans here, uh? =PPP
<br>

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 18 May 2007, 15:08

I'd tell them to watch The Fast and The Furious Tokyo Drift, then convince them that it was the biggest craze in japan and after several "OMG KAWAIII!!!!!!!!!!!!"'s, They'd no doubt be flailing thier arms and it would be out of control...

...That's IF I'd promote parapara.. In reality, I'd just say listen to eurobeat XD
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

Yusu
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Yusu » 03 Jul 2007, 21:25

Well here in Chile the Para Para has been making famous across the country, but that's is because we (ParaParaChile) do it! =D.
And for example, in Festivals and Events of Anime an Games, always the organization call us to go there and move the people to the rhytm of the parapara, techpara and to/trapara =).

One of the activities that we love to do it's the ParaPara School; we invite people to learn a coreography of some song we select in the organization...generally it is a easy song like the songs of the ParaParaParadise 2nd Stage Plus!, so we teach the intro, then the a-melo, b-melo and sabi and then we dance all the coreography and we choose a winner and award him with DVDs or CDs of Eurobeat and ParaPara.

Well we dance performance too, in the beginning, the performance was just of Eurobeat and old songs, but now there are teams that makes very good performance introducting pop steps and trance and hyper techno music.

well now we are preparing (my team SMACKDOWN and I) a special performance for a Event that will be in July's 21 =)

here is the list of Songs =)

-Body To Body - Mega NRG Man
-Night Flight To Tokyo - Matt Land
-Smackdown - Black Fighters
-Go Rocky Joe! - Maximum Power
-I Need Your Love - Dave Simons
-Mistery - Dusty
-Rockin' Hardcore - Fastway
-Hai Hai Hai ~Dance Across The Nations~ - Marko Polo
-Invisible - Matt Land
-Halleluya Tokyo - Luke Penn feat. Time Force
-Love And Fever Tonight - Toby Ash
-Superball - Bombers

-Banging In Dreamworld - Bangbros
-It's Killing Me - Dj Toxic
-Piece Of Heaven - Akira

-Black Leather - The Prophet
-La Bamba - Dj Zorro
-Break In2 The Nite - Move
-Samurai - Stormy Seven

As you see, we variate in kind of music and dance, first we dance the traditional parapara, then trance and for the great final...Hyper techno...Tech-para...

the clothes we use are very important too, we use special clothes for all performance, all differents.

that's a little of our work to make parapara dancing more fun to people.

PD: sorry for the english mistakes, i'm from Chile =D

Natsumi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Natsumi » 31 Jul 2007, 22:15

because of that, i love chile xD

in mexico the parapara is not so famous =\

omg yusu i want do that , but at least you have a team >w<'

good luck in your perfomance =D!

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 01 Aug 2007, 01:41

I wouldn't go for promoting ParaPara. That includes Hyper Techno...

Promote Eurobeat instead! EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 02 Aug 2007, 07:06

Actually, ParaPara only covers eurobeat music dances. For hyper techno and trance you have TechPara and Tora/TraPara.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 02 Aug 2007, 10:00

MKwiakaku wrote:Actually, ParaPara only covers eurobeat music dances. For hyper techno and trance you have TechPara and Tora/TraPara.
Well, excuse me for my ignorance... For me, ParaPara is ParaPara.
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Natsumi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Natsumi » 10 Jan 2008, 01:18

juju don't fight x3

waa i'm so happy , in the next convention here in Mexico , i'm going to dance one routine ^x^!

it's gonna be a short routine, but but, still, is parapara! haha xDD

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 10 Jan 2008, 04:19

Yusu wrote:well now we are preparing (my team SMACKDOWN and I) a special performance for a Event that will be in July's 21 =)

here is the list of Songs =)

-Body To Body - Mega NRG Man
-Night Flight To Tokyo - Matt Land
-Smackdown - Black Fighters
-Go Rocky Joe! - Maximum Power
-I Need Your Love - Dave Simons
-Mistery - Dusty
-Rockin' Hardcore - Fastway
-Hai Hai Hai ~Dance Across The Nations~ - Marko Polo
-Invisible - Matt Land
-Halleluya Tokyo - Luke Penn feat. Time Force
-Love And Fever Tonight - Toby Ash
-Superball - Bombers

-Banging In Dreamworld - Bangbros
-It's Killing Me - Dj Toxic
-Piece Of Heaven - Akira

-Black Leather - The Prophet
-La Bamba - Dj Zorro
-Break In2 The Nite - Move
-Samurai - Stormy Seven
A couple of questions. How long is your performance going to be overall? And was it a conscious decision to make all the songs male vocals? Also what version of Night Flight To Tokyo and Invisible are you doing?

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 13 Aug 2008, 07:15

Here in Finland, the leading local group FinnPARAnoids have done a lot of good work in promoting the dance across the country. Whenever there's a Japan-related event, there's also a PP performance and a lesson to go with it. The lessons tend to draw in quite an attendance. As a part of their circle, I've done a few spots myself as well.

So far, my experience supports the concept. It works well to first show people something a bit flashier and then right away let them try some themselves. However, I'd say there's no such thing as too easy a dance for beginners. It's important that everyone gets a hang of the steps as quickly as possible. The first dances should also be fun, which effectively also makes up for the difficulties they may be encountering. When you're having fun, you care a lot less about looking stupid :grin:

Last time I was out there doing some promotion, we taught Fantasy, Stop Your Self-Control and Anniversary. Each of those has its trickier bits as well but that can't really be avoided. Which is why I've been considering making some originals specifically for this purpose. It's all about learning the basics, after all.

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 25 Aug 2008, 04:36

i just wish there was more parapara fans in australia, would love to start up a parapara 'down under's style team