Eurovision Song Contest 2012 - Baku

Music that is not eurobeat!
Bore
Founder

Eurovision Song Contest 2012 - Baku

Post by Bore » 12 Mar 2012, 22:11

That time of the year is slowly approacing yet again and the spectacle of the year is here. Azerbaijan won the contest last year and will be holding their first contest in Baku. Most countries have so far chosen their entries for the contest and it would seem that this is yet an another solid year with a ton of awesome entries.

My personal favorites as follows:

Greece - Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac Simply too catchy!

Hungary - Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts Really enchanting and sophisticated for this type of music.

Norway - Tooji - Stay This is like a rehash of Sweden's entry from last year.

Cyprus - Ivi Adimou - La La Love So pleasantly upbeat and catchy <3

Sweden - Loreen - Euphoria Swedes still rely on cloning Britney, not the best of entries but still nice.

Slovenia - Eva Boto - Verjamem One of the fewer ballads this year, really pretty~

France - Anggun - Echo (You And I) Not the kind of entry I would've expected from the ever so sophisticated France, but I love it!

Bulgaria - Sofi Marinova - Love Unlimited This reminds me of the modern europop we got a lot in the late 90s and early 00s, fun and bouncy

Malta - Kurt Calleja - This Is The Night How much fun can a singer have on stage? This guy seems to be enjoying himself so much while he sings that it makes the song so much more entertaining. Plus that footwork is something über cool.

On top of these Entries, there are even more fun entries to be heard. But these are definitely on top of my list. One of the odder entries is presented by Russia this year, the oddness of it has chances of making it climb high in the finals. But Greece is definitely my favorite, the song instantly conquers a spot from your brain.
Last edited by Bore on 16 Mar 2012, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Mar 2012, 05:12

From the list you uploaded, I loved

Ivi Adimou - La La Love
Loreen - Euphoria
Kurt Calleja - This Is The night

In that order :)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 19 Mar 2012, 09:22

Slovenia is my #1 this year, followed by Belarus and Macedonia. I like all that you listed, too. This is a very good year.

I'm developing a perversion for San Marino :grin: Let's see how they're going to change the lyrics now that EBU's on them.

This being a dance music forum, Romania needs to be mentioned, too. My winner bet, however, is on Russia :!:
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 May 2012, 19:18

Bumping the thread up. The first semifinal just started and Greece blew the jackpot yet again with their performance. Such a great song, would be amazing to hear a eurobeatized version of Aphrodisiac.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 May 2012, 22:08

Qualifiers from Semi-final 1 were:

ICELAND
GREECE
CYPRUS
HUNGARY
RUSSIA
ALBANIA
DENMARK
IRELAND
MOLDOVA
ROMANIA

Sadly no place for San Marino :( But I predicted 9 out of the 10 tonight - awesome!!

Loreen from Sweden still deserves to win - hope her performance is as electric as the Melodifestivalen final performance! :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 23 May 2012, 12:15

Had 9 out 10 correct myself as well. Wasn't expecting Iceland to progress through. Didn't like the song that much, it wasn't bad either, but would have more gladly seen Switzerland in the finale.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 May 2012, 18:14

Albania was the one I didn't want - such an ugly song and performance!

Love Iceland, but their performance wasn't great. Switzerland would've been ok, but his pronunciation was terrible (sweem agains tha strim follow in yo wilders strim :p)

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 27 May 2012, 21:43

Well, Sweden won. I agree with their victory, I loved that song.

Also, this was the first time in years I wasn't ashamed of being spanish xD I really liked our song and, even if we didn't win (there were better songs I have to admit) at least I'm happy. We were not gonna win anyway xDD

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 29 May 2012, 07:58

My predictions were 10/10 for the first and 7/10 for the second semifinal. Slovenia second last in its heat!? Looking back, I understand why, but still, it was the greatest injustice this year. In the final, however, I got four out of five right in the top 5, only missing Albania for Italy.

Sweden will undoubtedly put up a wonderful show. I already booked a hotel in Solna for the preliminary dates but I'm sure I'll go no matter when and where it should take place.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher