Eurobeat/Parapara in anime?

Music that is not eurobeat!
djAni-me
Bad Bad Bad

Eurobeat/Parapara in anime?

Post by djAni-me » 22 Jun 2004, 07:04

Okay, we all know InitialD but are there other animes with even slightest touch of eurobeat/parapara related stuff?

The only one I can think of, that's close is SuperGALS! The series is about highschool girls in Shibuya, some ganguro too. Although opening theme is sort of punkish rock, during the middle part there's a clip where Ran and her friends do parapara.

I guess it's not suprising, since ganguro seems to be connected with parapara/eurobeat scene in Japan.
Otaku no dorifuto // RS13

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 22 Jun 2004, 12:29

Well there are covers of Lolita's songs on One Piece, the 2nd Openening Believe was Lolita's Dreamin' Of You in Japanese. And as far as I know there were other songs in there as well.

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 22 Jun 2004, 13:04

And another serie is Anipara Kids :) (the name tell's it) I haven't seen it.. but i have few songs
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Jun 2004, 00:40

What about Gundam Wing? Wasn't Night Of Fire (Knights Of Fire I believe on GW) on it?
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 Jun 2004, 01:15

Gundam Wing had night of fire on it? XD weird!

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Jun 2004, 01:22

I don't know 100 percent but I think it did... Can anyone help me out?

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 Jun 2004, 01:27

I'll look into it. =3

Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Jun 2004, 01:28

Arigato senpai

Fukubei
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Fukubei » 28 Jun 2004, 10:31

My first post. Yeah, I have also heard that there is Night of Fire in Gundam Wing. o_O

I have seen nine eps of Chou GALS! Kotobuki Ran and in next episode preview it is told that new character, some kinda great ParaParalist (!) will be introduced in next episode. Cool~ Gotta watch the series sometime, because there are lots of ParaPara I hear (and where's ParaPara, there's Eurobeat <3). :)

Oh, and there is one-shot manga called ParaPara (translated by ComicsOne). I haven't read it yet but I will someday. :)
Anhyaa~

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 28 Jun 2004, 21:30

From what I can see, Night Of Fire is in Gundam Wing, but it's called Knight of Fire. ^^; But we all ready knew that. :P

Jion

Post by Jion » 29 Jun 2004, 03:26

Yus I was right!

Fukubei
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Fukubei » 01 Jul 2004, 20:28

I found about 20 pages long ParaPara manga preview as .pdf-format:
http://www.comicsone.com/samplebook/freebook.html (and then click ParaPara - download)

I kinda liked it, though it is in colors. There were two EB songs mentioned, Burning Desire and Night of Fire. Cool. ^_^

"Night of Fire! That's Dennis' Song". I gotta read the manga just to know what/who the heck is "Dennis" :D
Anhyaa~

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 01 Jul 2004, 20:37

Fukubei wrote:I found about 20 pages long ParaPara manga preview as .pdf-format:
http://www.comicsone.com/samplebook/freebook.html (and then click ParaPara - download)

I kinda liked it, though it is in colors. There were two EB songs mentioned, Burning Desire and Night of Fire. Cool. ^_^

"Night of Fire! That's Dennis' Song". I gotta read the manga just to know what/who the heck is "Dennis" :D
Who the hell is Dennis!?
And yay gotta download that, and urgh gotta download adobe .. or whatever the program was for those files *grunts*

Fukubei
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Fukubei » 02 Jul 2004, 08:59

I should focus more on what I read... Dennis is the main character. ^^ I think that NoF is called Dennis' song, 'cause Dennis is a wiz in that - or something. ^^ (how obvious)
Anhyaa~

Bore
Founder

Re: Eurobeat/Parapara in anime?

Post by Bore » 22 Jul 2004, 22:55

djAni-me wrote:Okay, we all know InitialD but are there other animes with even slightest touch of eurobeat/parapara related stuff?

The only one I can think of, that's close is SuperGALS! The series is about highschool girls in Shibuya, some ganguro too. Although opening theme is sort of punkish rock, during the middle part there's a clip where Ran and her friends do parapara.

I guess it's not suprising, since ganguro seems to be connected with parapara/eurobeat scene in Japan.
I dug into the SuperGALS! Kotobuki Ran that you mentioned, and after seeing 3 episodes I'd say that it rocks. The series doesn't really involve eurobeat all that much. True that the main-characters are ganguros living in Shibuya. They do ParaPara in the transitions and also have lots of references to eurobeat. But even though it's not _that_ big on the eurobeat content, this series is really great. Kind of psychotic like Kodomo No Omocha, but has the same justified sense as I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs. I'd really recommend this to people who love comedic girly anime series.