Salsa And Latin Music

Music that is not eurobeat!
Jion

Salsa And Latin Music

Post by Jion » 23 Jun 2004, 00:38

My favorite Salsa artist is Marc Anthony! He's so good and Van T.K. looks like him!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

xDaNx
Euro To B

Post by xDaNx » 24 Jun 2004, 02:20

Ooo...I have a question for the King of Latino music =D! (hehe) Well...how do you tell the difference between the different types of Latino music...such as Salsa, Merengue, Samba, Mambo...*is all ears ^_^*!

-Danny

Jion

Post by Jion » 24 Jun 2004, 20:29

xDaNx wrote:Ooo...I have a question for the King of Latino music =D! (hehe) Well...how do you tell the difference between the different types of Latino music...such as Salsa, Merengue, Samba, Mambo...*is all ears ^_^*!

-Danny
Well Salsa relies more on a slower rhythm and a constant hitting of a cowbell to keep the beat. Also it relies more on brass instruments and congas. Merengue is faster, relies more on the "shake shake shake" sounds of friction instruments (such as a maraca) and sometimes uses guitars. Mambo I'm not to familiar with it seeing as that is more South American to Middle American styles of music. Me be Puerto Rican! ^_~ v

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 24 Jun 2004, 20:55

I still can't even connect any artists with the genre... I mean yeah Marc Anthony, that's the only one I might know (even though if somebody asked me I wouldn't remember him either).

Jion

Post by Jion » 25 Jun 2004, 20:59

well theres also Victor Manuelle, La India, Robert Avellanet, Domigo Quinones... the list goes on and on but you probably don't know any of them...

musiclovr89
Bad Bad Bad

Post by musiclovr89 » 04 Jun 2009, 17:27

I'm just starting to get into it, but salsa grows on you.