SUPER EUROBEAT VOL. 169

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Jun 2006, 06:12

Well, There you have it. My Brain is officially fried! :lol:

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 30 Jun 2006, 06:11

DJ Mike wrote:No, I mean her voice will be recorded once, then overlayed again with a slight pitch difference - it certainly sounds that way. I read about the technique once in an interview with the guy who did a lot of the studio mixing for ABBA - the technique was born around the 70s and is very popular to this day, apparently.
Interesting, I wonder how this differs from Automatic Double Tracking, that description sounds like a fixed pitch difference.

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 30 Jun 2006, 06:13

oresama-chan wrote:More commonly Clara was quite often singing doubly on Girls unit like
G&Q, High Frequency, Kate & Karen, Macho Gang, Niki Niki etc. and
triply on No Choice At Ramdom, Passion Hot Emotion by Marie Belle,
Make A Move by Candy Taylor, My Love by Jasmine to name a few. :D
I think stuff like "Energy" by Gyspy & Queen are duets, i.e., two different pitches. Whereas doubled vocals are the same pitch twice. If it's done well, and you don't know what to listen for, you might not even notice it. (But it gives a "fuller" sound.)

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 01 Jul 2006, 02:16

Aha, I'm so proud of you, Mr. Mike Stock. :D
ImageImageImage

cigy41987
Euro To B

Post by cigy41987 » 02 Jul 2006, 01:34

I love this album. Well, it hasn't shipped to me yet since Campus Summit isn't out yet, but I had my friend send it to me since I paid for it :)

Anyway, the new Annerley Gordon song is great. They didn't pitch her voice much, which surprised me!

Maharaja Night 2006 is a good re-work, though I miss the TOKYOOOO! OSAKAAAAA! personally.

I honestly have to say the only song I REALLY didn't enjoy was the Rose song, and even the Sophie song was listenable. Roly Poly Rock and Big Heart are ok, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

I love Mr. Frankenstein :)

Dream Of You might just be my favorite, and I'm sure the dance for it has helped :)
Please don't drop me baby~

KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B

Post by KrAzy Che3To » 02 Jul 2006, 08:10

Drive In The Night / Sophie

Need I say more? No doubt one of the best Time songs since SMS :)

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 02 Jul 2006, 14:35

KrAzy Che3To wrote:Drive In The Night / Sophie

Need I say more? No doubt one of the best Time songs since SMS :)
Quoted for Truth

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Jul 2006, 18:40

One of the best Elena Ferretti songs in so long. It's about time we didn't get a wimpy soft song from her.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 02 Jul 2006, 19:14

redtarzanboi wrote:One of the best Elena Ferretti songs in so long. It's about time we didn't get a wimpy soft song from her.
I can't stand that song.... I thought it was very disappointing. I generally have no liking or disliking for her songs, but this was 'blah' to me.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jul 2006, 06:20

8) In continuance with the positive vibe on Sophie, I have to give it a "THUMBS UP" :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Jul 2006, 06:27

drnrg wrote:8) In continuance with the positive vibe on Sophie, I have to give it a "THUMBS UP" :D
Quoted for truth

No but seriously we need more songs for Elena like this. I like soft songs every so often since they break up what everyone else is doing but at times, we definately need energy like Stand Up and this song did for her. I for one am very happy this song was released.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Jul 2006, 07:47

8) Got mine today. So it's TIME 4 a review. First of what redtarzanboi described as a TRANS oriented cd, I see as a "LIVE" sounding cd. Seriously many of the trax had a concert feeling to them. The SCP trax, Candy Taylor, Ale and even Lou Grant. ..But all around a very good cd.

1. Annerly Gordon- Say Yeah 7/10
The first surprise of the cd. I really like this song. Not so much A. Gordon, but those Synths. Very catchy and Old Skool. Just wish AbeatC could come up with a better title than "Say Yeah"

2. Candy Taylor- Eurobeat Kind Of Love 9/10
This is one of those trax with a "Live" sound. Also get an Old Scool vibe. The song is very happy, but Clara sounds so into it,. that U just gotta love it. The verses are my favorite part of the song. That's the part that gives me High Energy chills. and thos Keys inbetween every line. WOW!

3. Gypsy Baby- Oh Honey Oh 6/10
Very different for Saifam. Housy Pianos don't ruin it for me. It also has a "Live" sound. The verses are so much better than the chorus, which is rather plain. I prefer , for eg: "Chilly Boy". A nice song, which divides the hit and misses for me on this cd.

4. Bombers- Mr. Frankenstien 9/10
Now this is the Saifam I like. Mauro has incredible voice. The lyrics go with the song. I like that. The synths are definatly different .I get a strong "Gothic" vibe. I could hear this being played live in a Russian castle on Halloween. :D

5. Lou Grant- Maharaja Night 2006 10/10
TIME should have just given credit to Gino Caria as Homage to him. This is Incredible. I like it way better than original. If I was not a fan who knew better I would think Gino came out of retirement. What a treat to hear his vocals in 2006. I swear this song sounds like it's being performed live in Maharaja . TIME really revamped this one 2006 style. I really love the way the music is completely dropped before the second verse. I really hope we get "Go Go Rock Me" or "Sex Heroes" 2006. WE NEED MORE GINO!!

6. Lollita- Hot For Your Love 6/10
This was the first song that I didn't reallt care 4. The intro sounding so promising, but then typical Lollita fare. Not really one of my favs.

7. Garcon- Super Kaiser 10/10
WOW!! Mr. Festari kicks some serious B**T with this hit. HRG at it's CHAOTIC best. In the land of Maharaja the Eurobeat is AWESOME!! For some reason I want to think he sings about a volcano, but I know it not so. His female companion just adds to the craziness of this song..and the way his voice hits a low in the bridge. KA-BOOM!

8. Norma S.- Love Can Be Your Game. 6/10
This is just o.k. Has a heavy Disney feel to it. I'm surprised Brian Ice doesn't join her. Though his songs are awesome it would have helped her. I like Norma, so in TIME this might grow on me, but I doubt it. It's just too weak 4 me.

9. Kiki & Fancy- Roly Poly Rock 8/10
What's happening to me? I do not usually like this group, but this song pulls it off. It's "Happy" , but right from the beginning I get POWER. I love when Labels use that Ripping effect on thier synths. The verse and B-melo are not all that, but that chorus is full of "Happy Power" kinda like "Boogie Boogie" King & Queen. I don't know ,but what ever it is ,it works for me. NICE!

10. Yellowfin- Welcome To The Beach 6/10
Another AbeatC. So far they have not impressed me at all. Again Disney Flavour. Sounds like "I Believe In Loving You" from Fabrizzo, which I love, but this sounds like Freddy Rodgers. I don't hear NUAGE at all. Maybe in backround. I wish Freddy returned to "Are U Ready" style. In the verses his voice sounds so week(I know Its Nuage) , but I'm being sarcastic. The only thing I like is the B-mellow. It Kicks.

11. Rose- Magic Rainbow 10/10
Wow! Right from the start I know this is TIME. Beautiful melody. get that Old Scool vibe as well. I like that. I hope this is new style for female songs at TIME. Wonderful B-mellow and the chorus. This is what I hope Heaven is like. TIME music all the TIME. Hear the bells. they are calling :D

12. Cy-Ro- Get Into The Darkside Of My Brain 10/10
Yeah!! This sound like one of my cds. Romantic followed by Chaotic :D This really is tru to Cy-Ro style songs. "Blue Jean" for eg: Mr. Festari does it again. I know I have heard this beat in another HRG song, but that is what I love about this song. The intro is so cool with the keys. I get a medevil vibe from this song . and as always words like "Fire" "Desire" and "Crazy" make Mr. Festari sound like an an angry Claudio Magnani(Also an effect I love) especially in the 3rd chorus. This is SHOUT FROM THE TOWER RIP MY CHAOTIC PALADIN HEART OUT OF MY CHEST AWESOME :D

13. Christine & Van TK- Now Celebrate 8/10
Ok. I know I usually crap on Duets, but this is AWESOME. I love it. I know Van T.K: has a lot to do with it. I much perfer him to Ace on duets(Xcept GoTo) This is a LIVE romantic song. Sounds like what ABeatC use to do with "Friday Night".

14. Neo- Disco Fire 9/10
Speaking of... Let's see if forth TIME is a charm. Yeah! "Burning Fire" is one of my favorite songs! This one works on all levels. The verse, That Bridge(B-Mello) :D The chorus we have all heard before, but sounds hot...and the synths. Fast and Furious! I Like That. Why can't Dave sing this song? I can't get the b-melo out of my head. AbeatC sure made up 4 the other songs. Though I did enjoy A. Gordon's song too.

15. Sophie- Drive In The Night 20/20
Time manages to sneak in two remakes in this cd. This is my absolute favorite on this cd. The intro is so "Like An Angel" and then.. PRESTO I'm GOING back back in TIME. Remebering all those Anika and Angie Davies from the past. Listen to the part after the 2nd verse, It's incredible. Another reason why TIME is and ALWAYS will be my FAVORITE label! By the way check out the original post and compare the two.

16. SCP All Stars- Big Heart 9/10
Another SCP. So far they impress me madly. More "Live " music. This Cd would really be an awesome concert if ever performed. Big Heart equals Big Hit. I hear Fastway(Comon Comon) and all the the other Stars. Really liking SCP on this cd.

17. Alvin- Dream Of You 10/10
I heard this before, but I'm still in Awe! They should really think of better names for the artists. This one screams out Alphatown to me or Mr. Max. but not to worry, because this song is so great. The verses and B-mello. What is is with the B-melos this TIME around?. They are so good! It really sound like Saifam are mastering the SEB edit format.

18. Ale- If You Ever Leave Me 8/10
This is DELTA no doubt! That "Live" sound again present. I get a strong "Say You Will" vibe from this song. One of my FAV Larabelle songs(Only 3 to date). Anyways the Intro Rules, the verse and B-melo Rocks and the Chorus and Synths Rant of pure Eurobeat. A Rightous ending to a Rightous CD. :D

Well worth the wait. TIME, HRG, Saifam and SCP presented me the best songs. I have a new reapect 4 SCP duets. AbeatC dropped the ball bigtime, but made up with NEO and DELTA really impressed me. All in All I give it a 9+. it has 13 big hits for me to play over and over again. I really would love to see this cd performed "LIVE"

1. Sophie
2. Cy-Ro
3. Lou Grant
4. Garcon
5. Candy Taylor/Rose
6. Alvin
7. Christine/Van T.K.
8. Bombers
9. Neo
10.SCP All Stars

11.Kiki & Fancy
12.Ale
13.A. Gordon
14.Gypsy Baby
15.Yelowfin
16.Norma S.
17.Lollita

Jion

Post by Jion » 07 Jul 2006, 15:52

What do you mean by "live" songs?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Jul 2006, 21:42

I think songs that sound like they could be performed live, as in fewer vocal effects and such.

KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B

Post by KrAzy Che3To » 08 Jul 2006, 07:47

Mikaeru wrote:I think songs that sound like they could be performed live, as in fewer vocal effects and such.
I think they sound more like.. stripped down. Not as much busy stuff going on at once. Thus if you were to perform a eurobeat song how it is, it would drown out the vocals.