Official Eurobeat-Prime IRC-Channel

There's a wide world also outside of Eurobeat, this is where you discuss it.
Bore
Founder

Official Eurobeat-Prime IRC-Channel

Post by Bore » 01 Aug 2004, 12:12

Okay, it's been decided. The channel for Eurobeat on IRC from now on will be on QuakeNet and under the name #Eurobeat.

The people who don't own mirc can get their free copy from mIRC.com. If you are unfamiliar to IRC you can easily get to the channel by opening up mirc, defining your name (fill in the boxes : Full Name, E-mail address, Nickname and Alternate Nickname from the Connect-page. Once that is done, click on the sub-page "Servers" and from there choose QuakeNet, then just click on the "Connect To Server" To get to the server. Once there just type /join #eurodance to enter the channel

Editor's Notice The following posts are old...

Okay for a longer while I've been wondering about the possibility, if there are actually people in here who use mIRC daily (like myself). And I was wondering if it was worth it to put up a channel mainly for Eurobeat somewhere into the IRC-network.

So I'm asking:

1.Would one be a good idea?
2.On which network?
3.Title for the channel, #eurobeat (simple as that?)

I mean I can always idle on the channel myself but naturally if the place had a lot of active people it'd be more lively and sensible to have one. And while I wouldn't really support piracy, I'd say that trading single songs through there would be the easiest as well.
Last edited by Bore on 10 Nov 2007, 20:17, edited 2 times in total.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Aug 2004, 02:25

ooh, if you get an irc channel for the website, i think i'll start being a irc drone again. XD

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 02 Aug 2004, 13:49

hmmmmmm.... irc.... alwasys found it kinda confusing, but i wouldn't mind having to get used to it again!

-Hallavaara-
Bad Bad Bad

Post by -Hallavaara- » 02 Aug 2004, 15:53

i use mIRc occaisionally too :D

sobakasu
Eurocurious

Post by sobakasu » 02 Aug 2004, 18:13

Since IRC is really the only place I get to talk to you, and I suggested making your own channel before, of course I think you should make one XD. And I don't know about the network :x. I just know how to join them.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Aug 2004, 19:37

Seeing that nobody has given suggestions on the channel or the network, I think I'll just throew in a few suggestions about the networks I use... I myself mainly use EFNet and QuakeNet so perhaps those would be possible options?

sobakasu
Eurocurious

Post by sobakasu » 02 Aug 2004, 20:08

Bore wrote:Seeing that nobody has given suggestions on the channel or the network, I think I'll just throew in a few suggestions about the networks I use... I myself mainly use EFNet and QuakeNet so perhaps those would be possible options?
Once again. No idea what the difference is XD.

Haha within the month, I will have a cable modem, and I will be able to be like. HAVE MY MUSIC to random people <3.

djAni-me
Bad Bad Bad

Post by djAni-me » 06 Aug 2004, 08:18

Actually I created #eurobeat in Quakenet a few months ago. Everyone is welcome there, especially Bore. The problem is that my QNet server is crappy and tends to drop occasionally thus making me lose ops. Some nice bot with stabile server would be nice.

Currently my web connection is broken because of thunderstorm that trashed my and my operators equipment. -___- Chikushou~. So I won't be online. My friend Nemppu should be keeping the channel up with Buaska..or someone like that.

I'm also in IRCnet #eurobeat but as for now, I'm offline. Nemppu should be there too. Everyone is welcome there. By the way bore, I heard from axu that you have a bot..we should talk about the channel, as soon as I get back online.
Otaku no dorifuto // RS13

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 08 Aug 2004, 19:26

Yeah I've entered the place, just wondered about Nemppu for a long time :3

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 08 Aug 2004, 23:40

irc is so confusing. XD I'm in the chat now and I dont recongze a single person ;_;

djAni-me
Bad Bad Bad

Post by djAni-me » 12 Aug 2004, 09:05

Okay, there we are. We've gotten ourselves a nice irc channel to use for instant eurobeat talk ^___^.

Remember, you can always ask if there are problems or you want to know more about using irc.

--djAni-me
Otaku no dorifuto // RS13

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 12 Aug 2004, 13:03

I've finally gotten the hang of IRC... Took me awhile to figure it out and remember from a long time ago... LOL! Love it!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 12 Aug 2004, 13:05

Yeah, everybody feel free to come to IRC and QuakeNet #Eurobeat, trying to build a community with lots of fans of the subject. Currently we've got already quite a nice little bunch gathering on the channel :3

Shinranshoni
Euro To B

Post by Shinranshoni » 26 Sep 2004, 16:55

there used to be an irc server called #eurobeat before that i used to go to alot for media but it i dunno what happened to it, people that used to come and serve files would stop comming, and it would be only me lol and i have a crappy firewall so it not everyone could get my files. O well, ill try looking at this place later, im too lazy to download mirc :P

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 26 Sep 2004, 21:07

Just wanna remind that #eurobeat @ quakenet is not for sharing files :)
Maybe some may share, but mainly #eurobeat is for realtime eurobeat discussion
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties