Does too much Eurobeat in a day wear YOU out?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Svenyip
Bad Bad Bad

Does too much Eurobeat in a day wear YOU out?

Post by Svenyip » 07 Nov 2006, 12:13

And no, I'm not talking about it from the "I've heard too much of this type of music, I need to listen to something else" perspective. I'm talking actual mental exhaustion here.

My musical tastes have always been ... different from the standard. Growing up in an era of videogames and RPGs, I have a number of those tunes in my list of favorite songs - usually the 'boss melodies,' as they're more upbeat, frantic, and something I could "ride the wave of emotion" on when I was having a bad day and needed to fight off the blahs.

Sounds a lot like Eurobeat, doesn't it? So in hindsight, finding my way there (through the Initial D route at first, but I've started diversifying over the last few months) was only a matter of time. It has the same high-speed, chaotic, "find the flow and run with it or the song will leave you behind" kind of energy to it.

My problem is it might have too MUCH energy for me. :) If I'm working on a project and listening to Eurobeat at the same time, if I do more than an hour at once I need to take a break - both from the music AND from the project. I wear my brain out. Almost like coming down from a sugar high or functioning without my morning coffee.

I suppose it stands to reason - it's not like I ever listened to 2 hours of "RPG Boss Tunes" in a row, so never got hit with that much High Energy music to flow with all at once. Whereas pretty much ANY nonstop Eurobeat album has that much vitality to it.

Does this make sense to anyone else, or is everyone just looking at the new kid in the corner now wondering, "Who the heck is THIS guy and what's wrong with him?" :lol:
--- Svenyip, Treader of The Dawn

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 Nov 2006, 12:40

I can empathise, because often I need breaks from eurobeat if I've been listening to too much of it as well. I like the powerful Saifam style songs, and while it's not uncommon for me to be listening to those songs for three hours straight, I do eventually need a break otherwise my mind just gets exhausted. :lol:

What works for me is listening to a couple of slower ones, such as those eurobeat songs at 140 BPM or a bit less. Doesn't necessarily have to be eurobeat, but I don't really favour any other genre, so meh. That's just me. Taking a complete break from music helps too, just remember to keep everything in small doses. ;)

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 07 Nov 2006, 14:08

Idem dito

That's why I sometimes break away with ItaloDisco, older Eurobeat or a trip on my moped 8)
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Nov 2006, 20:56

Not me; I'm complete opposite. Sometimes I can't even sleep without having some eurobeat playing. The only thing that gets to me is the constant bass pounding, which is why I usually set the bass down to where you can hear the pound, but so it isn't like a constant THUD THUD THUD THUD. ;)

Jion

Post by Jion » 08 Nov 2006, 00:37

To me its not as much about the genre thats playing but the song. If a song gets overplayed then I get annoyed with it and skip the song. I've overkilled many a song *ahem Baby Get My Fire Tonite ahem* to the point where I'm like I need to play another song lol.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 08 Nov 2006, 05:05

I can listen to Eurobeat for hours straight on end. However there are days where I'm in a shitty mood (like today) where I don't feel like listening to it at all.

Sure I get tired of songs, but I don't get tired of the genre per se.

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 08 Nov 2006, 06:35

If I'm in the mood for it, I cannot tire of it.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 08 Nov 2006, 06:54

I really enjoy it, but sometimes I like to listen to something else. But right now I'm just really addicted to it, I might probably come off of my high sometime.

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 08 Nov 2006, 07:24

As much as I love Eurobeat, I do get a bit tired of it after listening to it constantly. So I usually switch in between listening to Eurobeat and Hyper Techno. Rarely (but sometimes) I'll get sick of listening to both genres in a day so I'll listen to something out of the ordinary usually, like J-Pop ^^;;
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 09 Nov 2006, 00:55

I think the only genre that really makes me feel that way is Gabber :lol: (Too much doof doof in one sitting :P )

Otherwise, if I ever do get tired of listening to the fast pace of Eurobeat and what not, I turn to 80's music (Spandau Ballet & Duran Duran ftw :wink: )

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Nov 2006, 05:57

I never Tire of Eurobeat/High Energy/Italobeat, but I also love all forms of rock. Right now I'm listening to Jungle Bill- Baby Call Me Frankenstien alll the time :D

Svenyip
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Svenyip » 09 Nov 2006, 12:47

Guess this'll teach me to use an ambiguous title name and write a small essay to start, as many of the replies are based off of getting tired of listening TO Eurobeat, as opposed to getting tired FROM listening to Eurobeat. :)

... ah, who am I kidding. I don't think it's POSSIBLE for me to post using less than three sentences.

> Taking a complete break from music helps too, just remember to keep everything in small doses.

Common sense, and completely the opposite of the way I end up living my life. :lol: I find something I like, I saturate myself in it. I've never been good at moderation. Small wonder why most of my hobbies only last about a year.

Anyway, I think I'm starting to find the balance between "not enough" and "too much" Eurobeat to get me through these 50-hour holiday work weeks. Although I am kinda glad none of my co-workers realize I'm 'rocking out' to Ikeike at 10 PM at my workstation. I don't think any of them would really understand. :wink:
--- Svenyip, Treader of The Dawn

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 09 Nov 2006, 16:31

Shawaazu wrote:I think the only genre that really makes me feel that way is Gabber :lol: (Too much doof doof in one sitting :P )
Good God, with Gabber I either have to be in a very special mood or at a rave to listen to a lot of it in one sitting XD

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 09 Nov 2006, 17:46

Gabber is so 1990 for me 8) It's still always a hit at parties in the Netherlands. Almost all the guys of my age still know how to dance to it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=End3mU-_1kI& ... ed&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xrAeAAW_87s& ... ed&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ffAPwvLjVEs& ... ed&search=

The dance style is called "Hakken", or "Hakkuh"/"Hakke" Litt. Translated: "to chop"
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 10 Nov 2006, 15:01

Dammmmmmmmmmmn that's so oldschool XD

These days you RARELY see anyone still dance like that, but then again it could be a "generational" gap or culture difference (from Europe to here). Whenever I saw someone dancing like that I thought it was just their own thing and not an actual way to dance ^^;

I guess I should have been more clear though, I tend to listen more to Hardcore (not to be confused with the happy/UK types) than Gabber. But then again they're pretty close aren't they.