Super Eurobeat 175

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Post by Jion » 23 Feb 2007, 20:19

drnrg wrote:I'm pissed off about not having a new TIME classic 2007 remix :evil:
Well how do you feel now that it's confirmed that Take A Look In My Heart is actually a remake of the classic song ^_^
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 23 Feb 2007, 23:17

Okay, so, listenned to the samples. The only song I feel stands out with any kind of impressive nature is "Futureland - Ace". It's the first great-sounding solo Ace song I've heard in some time.

I don't see the fascination with "Rain". Want to hear the rest, but so far, Christine's song of the same name sounds better to me and I was never too big a fan of it.

A few others seemed decent, but to me the Domino song is thirty seconds of my life I won't ever get back. Sugary but not energetic, over-recycled lyrics ... I mean, I'd really rather not comment until I've heard the whole thing, but in this case, I sincerely doubt it will make a difference.

I thought she might take the chance with a new label and all to maybe reinvent her image or something along those lines but evidently that is not the case. To me, she's like the anchovy of eurobeat. Tasty to some, incomprehensably repulsive to others. :?
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

SirSlugma
Euro To B

Post by SirSlugma » 24 Feb 2007, 05:40

This album sounds awesome from the samples; there are a lot of tracks I'm looking forward to hearing! 8)

Domino still sucks, though. Every one of her songs is a waste of SEB space.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 24 Feb 2007, 06:08

I agree. Domino is never good. I've never liked a single one of her songs. She's just a Japanese wanna-be.

Jion

Post by Jion » 24 Feb 2007, 08:51

LOL... uhmm so much for the posting about the etiquette lol... I'm waiting for my copy to come through the mail but as of now I'm pretty hyped and excited for the entire CD. I also want to hear the Domino, MNM and Lolita songs in particular to see how the new label is. I'm very very curious ^_^
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 24 Feb 2007, 09:47

Go where you wanna go wanna go wanna go~ I'm ready for up and down up and down up and down~ 8)

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 24 Feb 2007, 18:03

redtarzanboi wrote:LOL... uhmm so much for the posting about the etiquette lol...
I didn't know we weren't allowed to state our opinions.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 24 Feb 2007, 23:03

I think his point was that we try to use tact when expressing our opinions...

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 24 Feb 2007, 23:16

I don't think it's up to any of you to tell me how to express my opinion =D

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 24 Feb 2007, 23:24

Cosmic_Bard wrote:I think his point was that we try to use tact when expressing our opinions...
You're accusing him of being tactless when all he did was say he personally thinks Domino isn't any good?

Tactless would be him having a go at Domino fans that they are stupid/foolish/etc. for even liking her - I see none of that.

If you take offence because someone dislikes an artist/style that you like, the problem is yours, not theirs.

The problem with etiquette in this forum is mostly down to those who take offence that someone has an opinion different to theirs, but lash out in the wrong way by insulting the person FOR their opinion, rather than simply disagreeing and stating their case for doing so.

Enough said!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 25 Feb 2007, 02:21

DJ Mike TJG wrote:
Cosmic_Bard wrote:I think his point was that we try to use tact when expressing our opinions...
You're accusing him of being tactless when all he did was say he personally thinks Domino isn't any good?

Tactless would be him having a go at Domino fans that they are stupid/foolish/etc. for even liking her - I see none of that.

If you take offence because someone dislikes an artist/style that you like, the problem is yours, not theirs.

The problem with etiquette in this forum is mostly down to those who take offence that someone has an opinion different to theirs, but lash out in the wrong way by insulting the person FOR their opinion, rather than simply disagreeing and stating their case for doing so.

Enough said!
Woah, woah, woah, there's no "problem" with etiquette on this board... there are a few heated discussions, but I don't anyone's truly bothered by any kind of strong words.

Secondly, I never called anyone tactless, dont put words in my mouth. I was trying to explain the spirit of some of the discussions that have taken place for those concerned with etiquette.

Geez.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 25 Feb 2007, 02:59

Guys guys guys guys guys... just drop it. Eurobeat Prime is the last place I want to see drama. You all know damn right that if you post something harsh, you'll get backlash. Don't act all surprised.

We do have the right to tell people here how to express their opinions - and it's not just the admins and moderators who do, but everyone who posts here should if they feel it's needed. Don't confuse that with people telling you what your opinion should be, though. You can say "I don't like artist" instead of "This artist is a washed up hack and should stop making music," for example. You're portraying the same opinion, that you don't like them - just in a more polite, and tactful way. You can express yourself without pissing people off.

This isn't just to protect some of the feelings of our posters, though I would like to think that's one of the top priorities... but this is mainly to upkeep the reputation and quality of these forums. I would like to remind you many Eurobeat artists and producers read these forums - weither they're registered here or not. They know what's going on, and come here to see what the fans have to say. If someone came here and reads a blaintant insult towards them or a colleuge... the forum's credibility goes way down the toilet. All thanks to a smart-assed poster, posting their brutal opinion because they're too stubborn to keep it tame.

So guys, just drop it. Think before you post - if you think you're being cute or humourous with your hateful comments towards a song, singer, label, producer, whatever - you're more than likely not going to be. Plus, this is an online community, and usually when this type of talk is allowed, it migrates over towards the forum members themselves, and if we ever start seeing these "opinions" of our members, heads will start to roll.

Now play nice. This is the 175 thread - keep it on track okay?

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 25 Feb 2007, 03:10

Meh, I don't think what I said was really harsh at all, but whatever.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 25 Feb 2007, 03:14

MesdoramElmdor wrote:Meh, I don't think what I said was really harsh at all, but whatever.
It isn't directed towards anyone in particular, it's directed towards everyone who has posted something harsh in the past, present, and possibly future - like, I have posted some pretty shitty things in the past about artists like Dave and Nuage. :P

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 25 Feb 2007, 04:15

So far the album is looking and sounding pretty damn good :D

Domino's voice sounds wierd in her new song, but i'm liking it anyways.

Wow, first Kiki & Fancy song i'm starting to enjoy.

Energy Man is totally a TIME song, sounds like Mark Gillan.

What's label is Furious Pistol? I'm guessing it's Hi-NRG, and it's probably so bad that they dont want to preview it >__< (maybe?)

More Helena, Hell Yeah! Not..

The Jock Lee song sounds interesting.

Running Ninja sounds really cool, my fave so far, and the lyrics are awesome. Is this Delta? Sounds a bit like SCP, but the vocalist sounds like De Jorio! May he finally be back? :D

The new Cherry song sounds good, not a typical Eurobeat song either, and.. thats not Clara, right?

I was hoping for more Kelly T, or a Viva La Noche quality song, but despite that it's looking awesome so far! Way more quality tracks than average on this one.

I hope to see that this Album will set a standard for the quality of releases each label produces and AVEX chooses to release.

The release date cant come sooner... because i've been listening to a god damn 30 second PREVIEW of Running Ninja for about an hour now..