Why do they only use women in the cover of SEB cds???

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Mar 2007, 05:25

Schiznik
As long as there are no Sticky white substances involved, go for it.
And PC Generated?

A little sticky never hurt anyone. Maybe not P.C. generated, but that blondie on 120s, (She actually looked kinda nice on 134) didn't give a Eurobeat feeling at all. More like a Sailor Moon feel :shock:

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 29 Mar 2007, 08:46

Mikaeru wrote:Now Dancemania Bass series. THOSE were scary covers.
:twisted:

Now... let's delve deep into the covers house revolution :lol:

Below taken from yahoo japan auction photos XD

Don't look at the O children :twisted:

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 29 Mar 2007, 15:26

I think i'm gonna have nightmares for the rest of my life.
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 29 Mar 2007, 18:07

All of a sudden I understand why Shaw is a big fan of those cd's. :')

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 29 Mar 2007, 23:52

d-tan wrote:Didn't SEB use a man once? (checking)...
Just kidding! But The Best Of Non-Stop SEB 1994's cover lady looks very manly XD

OT - Speaking about scary covers, why doesn't anyone talk about vol. 10?? IT'S A FREAKING BARE BUTT!!!
So I don't have a fabulous big scan to post but

http://eurobeat-prime.com/database.php?albumext=21

Tee Hee :P

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 30 Mar 2007, 00:08

MKwiakaku wrote:All of a sudden I understand why Shaw is a big fan of those cd's. :')
Hahaha,

Too bad most of the songs are kinda crappy :?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Mar 2007, 04:00

Thos cds might suck till Kingdom Come, but that Huddle Lamp image is right on track to what I mean by saying put guy & girl on SEB cover. Definately suggestive ,but clean enuff for Euroteenboppers 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 31 Mar 2007, 02:29

Nine wrote:I wouldn't like it too much if there were males on the SEB covers - I prefer the women on the covers. Having men trying to be all mysterious and sexy would just gay things up. :lol:
Actually, SAIFAM has tried something like that, for that exact purpose. The series is called called "Let's Hear It For The Boy" (taken, obviously, from the song of the same title), and the covers usually consist of a man's chest from the torso to the neck.
No offense to homosexuals, but it's NOT the thing I wanted thrown into my face the instant I find the SAIFAM homepage. Just not how I swing.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 31 Mar 2007, 02:55

zoupzuop2 wrote: Actually, SAIFAM has tried something like that, for that exact purpose. The series is called called "Let's Hear It For The Boy" (taken, obviously, from the song of the same title), and the covers usually consist of a man's chest from the torso to the neck.
No offense to homosexuals, but it's NOT the thing I wanted thrown into my face the instant I find the SAIFAM homepage. Just not how I swing.
Oh come on now, it's not like you don't have a similar chest as well :P It's not as if they're throwing crotch shots at you.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Mar 2007, 08:27

There is a way to show male models without being Homophobic :D

Very cool cover for very Macho song!

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 31 Mar 2007, 08:48

zoupzuop2 wrote: No offense to homosexuals, but it's NOT the thing I wanted thrown into my face the instant I find the SAIFAM homepage. Just not how I swing.
Time for Coach Vee to get very offended imo!
(In other words, if no one found men attractive...how'd we reproduce?! aha!)
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 31 Mar 2007, 08:59

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Nine wrote:I wouldn't like it too much if there were males on the SEB covers - I prefer the women on the covers. Having men trying to be all mysterious and sexy would just gay things up. :lol:
Actually, SAIFAM has tried something like that, for that exact purpose. The series is called called "Let's Hear It For The Boy" (taken, obviously, from the song of the same title), and the covers usually consist of a man's chest from the torso to the neck.
hell, i swing that way and that's something i'd prefer to not see myself. XDD

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 31 Mar 2007, 21:30

Densetsu13 wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote: Actually, SAIFAM has tried something like that, for that exact purpose. The series is called called "Let's Hear It For The Boy" (taken, obviously, from the song of the same title), and the covers usually consist of a man's chest from the torso to the neck.
Oh come on now, it's not like you don't have a similar chest as well :P It's not as if they're throwing crotch shots at you.
Actually, I have retained a somewhat muscular build, so I suppose I do have a similar chest.
And, it IS nice to not have crotch-shots. That'd just outright offend me.
AT ANY RATE.

Women are considered "the fairer sex", due to (most often) ease on the eyes of the man. Even if it's a woman buying the product, sex appeal sells. If that's on the cover of a Eurobeat album, it's more likely to sell than if cars were on the cover. (Sorry, Initial D collections...)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Apr 2007, 00:38

I don't know man? I'm about as straight as they come, but somehow found the Coversleeves for TIME recs in the 90's more attention getting by showcasing male models. It really caught the image of Male vocal macho songs.

Dave Hammond- Lover Boy
Toby Ash- Go Go Rock Me
Robert Patton- Give A Little Chance
Dr. Money- Celebrate
just to name a few.. I guess it's all in the choices of colors and taste. 8)

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 01 Apr 2007, 11:28

With all due respect to the homosexual members on this forum, I do not need men on the SEB covers. I put up with enough idiots asking me why I'm listening to "gay techno" and questioning my sexuality.

Also, hey guys. Back from the Land of the Rising Sun.