Super Eurobeat 181

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Sep 2007, 06:31

beat freak wrote:If nine doesn't like them then I know I will love them.
:D

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 26 Sep 2007, 06:38

Bore wrote: I at least enjoyed Gunfire, it's somewhat strange at points (yet unique) which does make it somewhat two barreled. The Mega NRG Man song isn't exactly as high quality as his few super performances but it ain't bad either.

The other A-Beat C songs on the other hand :/
I think the problem is, as it seems to have been since Sandro/GGM split off, is that A-Beat's songs aren't as busy as they were in the past. There isn't as much going on in them, especially compared to GGM's songs, so they seem barren and not as attention grabbing in comparison. They're not necessarily AWFUL, they're just not as dynamic.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 26 Sep 2007, 08:11

When I listened to BLOOD on FIRE, I was amazed and shocked by Ennio's rapping skill.

<3 for fastway :D

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 26 Sep 2007, 08:18

Wataru Akiyama wrote:When I listened to BLOOD on FIRE, I was amazed and shocked by Ennio's rapping skill.

Then you would love Ennio as Rok-Matic or Blue Scorpion from the We Love Techpara series! Love that man's voice!!!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Sep 2007, 11:03

Come with me! Your bra's on fire!! :D :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 26 Sep 2007, 12:34

Gonna kick the power kick your bazooka belly dancers!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 26 Sep 2007, 14:24

My copy just arrived today. I'm sure I'll chime in with thoughts on Disc 1 later, but for now I'm listening to those Extendeds :)

<3 Don't Play With Me <3

If only A-Beat C would return to this kind of quality output - then maybe listening through their output on the main disc wouldn't be such a chore as it's fast becoming!

Come to think of it, I haven't heard a quality Karen/Kelly Wright/Wain L song like this in ages, let alone much at all from her! Such a great voice, too!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 26 Sep 2007, 20:35

para_rigby wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:When I listened to BLOOD on FIRE, I was amazed and shocked by Ennio's rapping skill.

Then you would love Ennio as Rok-Matic or Blue Scorpion from the We Love Techpara series! Love that man's voice!!!
Totally, I listen to Fausto Guio as METAL MINDED MANIACS or THE PROPHET and he kicks my ass all over the place with his hardcore techpara tracks. :D

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 26 Sep 2007, 21:09

A-Beat C
Oh, poor Gordon. I'm rather appaled with 'True Colour' and 'Dance'; they're not THE worst tracks I've ever heard of, but I don't think I'll be listening to them more than a couple of times. Her voice was just bearable in 'Take Away' despite it being an enjoyable TIME track, but over time I think her voice is becoming progressively more irritating. Not only that, but the King & Queen alias is so foreign to Gordon... I'd have enjoyed it more if Gobbi were singing, for sure. 'True Colour' just sounded really chaotic and incomplete. Worst track on the album for me.

So, to the other A-Beat C tracks. I found 'My Blue Sky' quite refreshing. I haven't seen many gentle reviews about the track due to the A-Beat C hate circulating around, but it sounds like her old stuff, which is always warmly welcome in my heart. Her voice sounds really gentle and pleasant in this track. Even though I'm beginning to dislike the typical tranquilising A-Beat C introductions, this actually suits the theme of the song well. The perfect antithesis to 'My Blue Sky' would be 'Gunfire', but I can't help but fall in love with Matt Land's voice. Revitalising, especially after years of dormancy. Welcome back?

Oh, and the other song I almost forgot about... Well, let's just say I am thoroughly disappointed with 'Catch My Fire'. The vocals sound raspy and out of place, and Marin sounds a bit estranged in the sabi, which is what annoys me most about this track. Stick to GGM, Marin, please! Their productions suit you much better than recent A-Beat C. I can't think of much positive to say about the track to be honest. I'm worn out after ranting about Gordon, so let's leave it there. :p

Delta
'Jungle Fever' was fantastic, a killer opener in every sense of the word. I didn't enjoy the stuttering of "R-R-R-RRR-R" in 'My Heart Radio', I found that a bit irritating. The poppish feel is definitely something new for Daniel, and I see its potential, but I'll let it grow on me a bit since I'm unsure about how I feel about it exactly right now. I'm apathetic towards 'Abracadabra', but I will admit that it's definitely a step up from 'Happenin' All Over Again'. I'll leave it for a few weeks and see how these songs grow on me.

Go Go's Music
Should GGM ever make a bad production, I'm going to scream and shoot it to the ground in surprisement probably since everything has been at top notch quality so far. 'Gas Gas Gas' is no exception, and a nice way to carry on Manuel's legacy! Love the electric guitars and his shrieks, haha. Addictively aggressive track that works well in its entirety.

Hi-NRG Attack
Slightly above average, that's all I can say. 'Back In Danger' sounds like the average Hi-NRG Attack track that you'd expect to hear. 'Lovers In The Night', however, is a pretty interesting track. Nice soundworlds. The vocals seem more pitched than they normally are... I'm not usually a fan of it, but it seems to work well with the cool melody. Good work here!

SCP
Jackpot! A great start to the decade. I loathed Jay Lehr's previous track to death, but 'I'm Alive' is a gem. I enjoyed 'NRG', but perhaps my expectations were a bit too high for it since I felt it could have been a better production all around; I can't quite put my finger on it. 'Blood On Fire' is exactly as I expected from the duo plus Christine. Good to see that Codenotti got some more space to sing on these tracks than usual, and Zanini rapping is always welcome. Keep it up!

TIME
Three Ferretti tracks... Hmm. Probably wouldn't please most people. Anyway, I thought 'Over The Sky' and 'Beautiful' were equally bland. They weren't overly horrendous, and I'll probably listen to them a few times due to the few nice elements they offer, but both productions are rather cookie-cutter. I'm apathetic towards 'Love Desire 2007'... It's not bad, nor is it excellent. So yeah, I couldn't really differentiate much from these three. They're all sitting on the same average level in my opinion.

Aaand I've always loved the disco-ish TIME productions, so 'Take A Frame' was grand! The lyrics were a bit out of whack though, heh. But it doesn't bother me much.

euro up north
Eurobeat Fan

Post by euro up north » 27 Sep 2007, 01:13

Only prelistening

1. Jungle Fever - Marko Polo 4/10: expected sound. Polo is no hit
2. "BLOOD on FIRE" - GO2 & Christine 5/10: Tough riffs
Note: Every GO2 song should have Christine in it. Razz
3. My Heart Radio - Daniel 6/10: Standard melody, with nice turns
4. Love Desire 2007 - Linda 6/10: good voice, ok refrain
Note: Where is my Sugar Baby 2007? :C
5. Back In Danger - Jeff Driller 6/10: Jeff Driller is okey. Hi-nrg is always ok, at least.
6. Abracadabra - Cherry 5/10: A cover. The original was better.
7. Beautiful - Alexis 5/10: Very standard SEB-song. Average, not beutiful
8. Lovers In The Night - Maddy Layne 7/10: Best so far, no more - no less
9. Take A Frame - Chris Stanton 7/10: A surprise. Very nice song - close to higher grade.
10. I'm Alive - Jay Lehr 7/10: Another nice surprice. Crystal clear song, nic refrain. Good work.
11. My Blue Sky - Nuage 5/10: quite good for being Nuage.
Note: The chanting in the beginning is the creepiest thing I've EVER heard.
12. True Colour - Annalise 5/10: Back to the average sound
13. Over The Sky - Rose 5/10: Closer to higher grade, but still, quite average.
14. Catch My Fire - Mega NRG Man 4/10: The tv-gameartist is not my cup of tea
Note: Stick to GGM... :C
15. Dance - King & Queen 4/10: No, King & Queen has better songs...
Note: It's a bit screamy, I like that. haha
16. Gunfire - Matt Land 4/10: Have heard this before..?? No, but you think you have - boring standard song.
17. Gas Gas Gas - Manuel 3/10: Gas, Gas, Gas in my stomach after this totally disaster to song.
18. NRG - GO2 4/10: Like the three songs before this, but cool riff after the refrain.

That´s all folks and I already long for 182..... The line up on that album seems mor intresting.

tops:

1. Jay Lehr
2. Chris Stanton
3. Maddy Layne

Bottom:

Pretty much the rest of the songs.

No superhit on this album.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Sep 2007, 02:54

Instead of putting up my review on IDW, aka "Only Eurobeat from Anime Initial D lovers" forum, I will put it here first.

Let's go

01. Jungle Fever by Marco Polo

Different vocalist or not that doesn't change my opinion. The song is pretty awesome. The intro is short, I like that because it does not take almost 1/4 and let the place for the rest of the song. The riff is just plain awesome as the melody of the couplets and chorus.

Rating : 9

02. Blood On Fire by Go 2 and Christine

OK. I know AAA by name not by song so. But my initial reaction to the song was "Riff is strange is kinda bad" but the couplets are just plain awesome as Christine's performance. I must say that, beside the riff that is a little *can't find words, the rest of the song is just awesome.

Rating : 8.5

03. My Heart Radio by Daniel

Only if Daniel's voice was not THAT bad. The song could be just pretty good. To me, vocals just kill the song. That's true that there's a little something missing...

Rating : 6

04. Love Desire 2007 by Linda

On this track, the vocals just sounds out of place. Sorry Linda. But, they kinda take their place in the chorus. The song is not bad I think. Is it me, but I heard this kind of melody somewhere else...

Rating : 7.5

05. Back In Danger by Jeff Driller

So the drill is back. Well, I must say that this song is just plain awesome. The drill's lyrics is just has wacky has Super Guts'. Also, I liked that Hi-NRG Attack changed somewhat their kind of riff. It's awesome. Continue that great work!

Rating : 9.5

06. Abracadabra by Cherry

OK. Cherry is really not my style. This song is just no hit to me. Plain boring; riff, everything. *very big sigh and presses next*

Rating : 0

07. Beautiful by Alexis

The intro is pretty and the riff is kinda sounding like "One Night In Tokyo" from SEB 172. I must say that this song is not bad. But the vocal have a hard time with me. This is why the song's rating will be lower...

Rating : 7.25

08. Lovers In The Night by Maddy Lane

Oh boy, I thought this song will be good by reading the title. It got me somewhat but the song sounds good and bad at the same time. Bad because of the riff somewhat standard and the rest is pretty awesome to bad that the song could keep a high hope.

Rating : 7.75

09. Take A Frame by Chris Stanton

Is it me or this song sounds incredibly like DISCO and not eurobeat?? I must say that Chris wanted to imitate Phil & Linda. I got this impression and I kinda keep it. Sorry, my predictions were right : the song is bad, except the chorus.

Rating : 5

10. I'm Alive by Jay Lehr

Disco start!! But I like better this style. The riff is awesome and Jay Lehr is my favorite new SCP name and I got to say that he did NOT fail to this song. Yeah, HE'S ALIVE!

Rating : 10

11. My Blue Sky by Nuage

The intro is weird. I mean before the eurobeat starts. She's chanting then, she laughs o_O. WTF. But ok this song is just so variable in quality that it's getting hard to find words to describe everything. The riff pops out of nowhere. I don't like that too much. The vocals are just meh. I think I have enough said.

Rating : 4

12. True Color by Annalise

The intro songs like some Ai or Yui songs (JPop singers). Don't blame me. Like I said earlier, I HATE riffs that pops out of nowhere. Though, it's kinda good but I'm like Bore : this song is just plain bad.

Rating : 3

13. Over The Sky by Rose

JPop song intro style again. I just hate that kind of intro. It's not like I don't like JPop, I like it, it's just doesn't fit in Eurobeat. Everything just ound plain bad after that.

Rating : 3

14. Catch My Fire by Mega NRG Man

After the miss on SEB 179, Mega NRG Man is back again. I was expecting a better song from him this time. The intro starts slowly and it's kinda interresting. Instruments are adding one after another then bang and we drum to the riff which is good. The sounds are just awesome and Mega NRG Man's vocal are just awesome. The chorus is pretty but not the best. Overall, that's a pretty good song.

Rating : 8

15. Dance by King & Queen

Egyptian music kinda of intro. Not my style. So is the riff. :| The couplet is good with no plus. The chorus is out of style. But something in the song is saying to me "Don't hate this song" LOL. I just have this thought about this song. But I think I retire the first sentence... the song is good O_O
Bore wrote:And anyways, where's our king?
lmao

Rating : 8

16. Gunfire by Matt Land

I'm sure that a lot of people was waiting for 181 for Matt Land's track. I must say that the intro kept me in and I must that I love everything from the song : every sounds just sounds great. Vocals included. This is one of my choice song of SEB 181.

Rating : 10

17. Gas Gas Gas by Manuel

O_O Another Ready Steady Go? Yes? A song like that is ALWAYS welcome and I ~adore~ it. Awesome from every point. I love Manuel because his songs are just energetic, catchy and pretty well produced and for the sounds too!! That guitar is just awesome 8)

Rating : 11

18. NRG by Go 2

That's Go 2, second song on the album. Everyone I know was excited about a new Go 2 song and some were very delighted being 2 new Go 2 songs in the same month (this one and Play Loud). So was I. The song starts off with style with usual energy and the guitar too. The riff is very energetic too. I don't say much more, this song is just AWESOME!

Rating : 11

Last comments about the album :
This album retakes where SEB 179 misses, in other words, it's no comparision. The album lacks of label equivalence in number where only Manuel's song is from Go Go's Music. There are some hits that are very high rated while some is just way down below in quality.
SEB 181 review wrote:Wow, what an unbalanced album, the album offers quite a few super tracks that are just screaming to be included on The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2007, yet there is also a long list of tracks that just don't deserve to be shown next to these masterpieces.
That explain my thoughts EXACTLY on the album. There are no better words. In my book, that starts well the decade.

Overall Rating : 7.5

Top 3

- I'm Alive by Jay Lehr
- NRG by Go 2
- Gas Gas Gas by Manuel

Worst 3

- My Blue Sky by Nuage
- True Colors by Annalise
- Over The Sky by Rose
Bonus : Abracadabra by Cherry

Honorables

- Jungle Fever by Marko Polo
- Back In Danger by Jeff Driller
- Gunfire by Matt Land
- Catch My Fire by Mega NRG Man
- Blood On Fire by Go 2 & Christine
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Sep 2007, 05:53

Nice review. Except the comments about Rose, you really refrained from using harsh and ugly comments, but still got your point across. So do you regret what you said about (cough) not buying it 8)

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 27 Sep 2007, 06:55

THE GOOD [the outstanding tracks of the album]
~JUNGLE FEVER/ MARKO POLO
~BLOOD ON FIRE/ GO 2 + CHRISTINE (so friggin' sweet!!)
~ABRACADABRA/ CHERRY (am I the minority?)
~TAKE A FRAME/ CHRIS STANTON (one of the few reasons I love TIME)
~I'M ALIVE/ JAY LEHR (2 disco songs on an SEB? Awesome!)
~GUNFIRE/ MATT LAND (the king has returned...lol)
~GAS GAS GAS/ MANUEL
~NRG/ GO 2

THE OKAY [everything from "okay" to "not too bad"]
~MY HEART RADIO/ DANIEL (somehow Daniel missed this one a bit)
~LOVE DESIRE 2007/ LINDA ROSS
~BACK IN DANGER/ JEFF DRILLER
~LOVERS IN THE NIGHT/ MADDY LAYNE
~MY BLUE SKY/ NUAGE (the pre-intro reminds me of Delerium)
~DANCE/ KING & QUEEN (if only Elena sang this song)

THE UGLY [SKIP!!]
~BEAUTIFUL/ ALEXIS (one of the few TIME alias I never much cared for)
~TRUE COLOUR/ ANNALISE (just can't compare with Say Yeah)
~OVER THE SKY/ ROSE (meh...)
~CATCH MY FIRE/ MEGA NRG MAN (Eurobeat Disney, anyone?)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Sep 2007, 09:40

para_rigby wrote:THE GOOD [the outstanding tracks of the album]
~ABRACADABRA/ CHERRY (am I the minority?)
I liked it!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 27 Sep 2007, 10:03

Jay wrote:snip
Haha I must say, good taste sir! All around!

Also thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that King & Queen should NOT be sung by Annerley :/ a little part of me died when it struck me that it's not an Elena song.