People, i need help!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Vangelis
Bad Bad Bad

People, i need help!

Post by Vangelis » 15 Dec 2007, 21:14

Listen, this is very important. I come from a small country of Serbia in Eastern Europe, and just a few days ago i have stumbled upon this type of music. I never knew what it was, i still don't know what it is, and i would love for someone to explain me, please, WHAT is eurobeat??? I mean, WHERE is it popular, do people play it in clubs or something like that...if you want to talk to me about that, just mail me at vangelistexas@hotmail.com or myspace www.myspace.com/vangelistexas . Seriously, i would love for someone to explain to me what this is because i won't be visiting this forum,i just need some info, please. I heard about it because of Powerful T. His name is Roberto Tiranti and he sings with a band i love called Labyrinth. Since i listen to heavy metal, i don't know how he got into Eurobeat and what does he sing there so...help me out! :) :) Thanx!
Thank you.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 15 Dec 2007, 21:15

Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Vangelis
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Vangelis » 15 Dec 2007, 21:18

i am aware, i read everything there but still it is not clear to me, seriously, i know much about music but i have never heard of eurobeat before...i mean, i have played pump it up beofre but don't know if music in there has to do anything with Eurobeat...none of the people i asked who know much couldn't tell me...this is a truly underground genre :)
Thank you.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Dec 2007, 21:27

Vangelis wrote:i am aware, i read everything there but still it is not clear to me, seriously, i know much about music but i have never heard of eurobeat before...i mean, i have played pump it up beofre but don't know if music in there has to do anything with Eurobeat...none of the people i asked who know much couldn't tell me...this is a truly underground genre :)
Pump It Up has one eurobeat song in its catalogue that I know of: "Loner" by TTMA. That would be your Korean Eurobeat...the melody/synths are taken from an old 90s eurobeat song called, "OK! All Right" by Annalise.

What exactly are you wanting to know about eurobeat because it has a fun history and so many little factoids about itself?-

Vangelis
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Vangelis » 15 Dec 2007, 21:33

It has a RICH history and artist database and yet, i don't know anything about that...i mean i have no idea how Fabio Lione (J.Storm) and Rob Tyrant got into the business, i mean, i still cannot believe those facts :) You know, listening to heavy metal all my life and following the careers of these two men were ok when listening to Rhapsody and Labyrinth, but i would have never imagined they sang this style of pop...i mean, where can i get some of the eurobeat songs? I know it is probably illegal to ask about downloading free music here, but i can't seem to find anything, not even this Dave Rodgers who is considered the "godfather"...so much compilations and so little i can find...
Thank you.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Dec 2007, 21:59

Vangelis wrote:It has a RICH history and artist database and yet, i don't know anything about that...i mean i have no idea how Fabio Lione (J.Storm) and Rob Tyrant got into the business, i mean, i still cannot believe those facts :) You know, listening to heavy metal all my life and following the careers of these two men were ok when listening to Rhapsody and Labyrinth, but i would have never imagined they sang this style of pop...i mean, where can i get some of the eurobeat songs? I know it is probably illegal to ask about downloading free music here, but i can't seem to find anything, not even this Dave Rodgers who is considered the "godfather"...so much compilations and so little i can find...
Two popular online shops to buy Eurobeat are:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.hmv.co.jp

you can use eurobeat prime's database to find out what albums have what songs.

You can easily find some videos with eurobeat music on youtube (although avex likes to raid youtube for copyright infringement, but that's another story :))...

here's some powerful t songs on youtube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Aj4LPk7DhQ - fall in the web of desire
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bDJ-Pze-NG4 - original sin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vh83AobjoWs - over the rainbow
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LsdkyF-RlM - dangerous love

dave rodgers:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6sduKhZSQ9c - spaceboy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nQR80fZM79M - final countdown

etc.

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 15 Dec 2007, 22:01

I personally think that the history of eurobeat you can find on this site is an excellent resume of the answer to your question. http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/history.php
Although some parts of it are a little dated/incorrect (vibration isnt the last label anymore and melancholy makes for great eurobeat)

Eurobeat is indeed a very complex and long lasting genre, almost completely unknown from the occidental public. It is only really popular in Japan and pretty much only comes from Italy.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Dec 2007, 00:51

If you wanna hear 100s of previews just chaeck out this link.

http://www.mu-mo.net/id/eurobeat/discog ... 10175.html

To hear different previews from other volumes just change the last two numbers. For instance 75 to 78 or 69 or 77 and so forth. At least you get a taste before you buy anything . 8)

JasonMath
Euro To B

Post by JasonMath » 16 Dec 2007, 01:36

If you want some look at the origins of eurobeat, a good place to start is Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music. Even though the author is very opinionated and Eurobeat is not listed as being directly connected to Hi-NRG and Italo Disco (which it is), you can get an idea of how some "older" (i.e. mid-late 90's eurobeat) sounds. Most of the samples there are from Eurobeat Flash and Euromach albums.

Vangelis
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Vangelis » 16 Dec 2007, 12:49

Thank you people! You helped me a lot, but only other info i need is, why do Eurobeat songs usually come out on compilations, and are they made just for purpose of listening to them, or for animes, games and...what else? Do they play Eurobeat somewhere on parties? :)
Thank you.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 16 Dec 2007, 13:06

I''m on MSN to help you!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 16 Dec 2007, 18:57

Vangelis wrote:Thank you people! You helped me a lot, but only other info i need is, why do Eurobeat songs usually come out on compilations, and are they made just for purpose of listening to them, or for animes, games and...what else? Do they play Eurobeat somewhere on parties? :)
Eurobeat became very popular amongst the Anime fans after a little show called INITIAL D, which featured Eurobeat tracks.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2007, 04:26

Vangelis
Do they play Eurobeat somewhere on parties?
It used to be pretty popular in some Tokyo clubs a few years back at clubs like Tri-Star. I don't know if that's still the case. I think one of those clubs even closed down :???:

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 17 Dec 2007, 04:35

drnrg wrote:Vangelis
Do they play Eurobeat somewhere on parties?
It used to be pretty popular in some Tokyo clubs a few years back at clubs like Tri-Star. I don't know if that's still the case. I think one of those clubs even closed down :???:
Velfarre, the big one, is closed. There are, however, still a ton of other clubs with eurobeat nights. I don't think we'd have anymore eurobeat if the clubs stopped playing it, IMHO.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 17 Dec 2007, 05:06

To Vangelis:

~Clubs like 9LoveJ, Neo, Xross, and Medusa play eurobeat, trance, and hyper techno...of course, all of these clubs are in Japan. I know some people have tried in the USA to have eurobeat nights at clubs, but I don't know how successful they are.

~I don't know how the singers get into eurobeat. One artist, Kelly T, met Dave Rodgers at a party and became interested in singing for the label (if I heard that story right). So yeah, many singers in eurobeat also sing out of the genre in things like vocal jazz, rock, and metal.

~If you're real interested in listening to eurobeat, try buying a megamix volume from the Super Eurobeat series (like #100, #130, #160 (those are my three personal favorites)). You'll get a good taste of what Eurobeat is like.

~There are numerous upon numerous little niches of eurobeat sounds for you to listen to. Everything from the obvious 80s/90s pop sounds (late Van TK songs), rock vibes (Powerful T/J Storm), silly bubblegum (Kiki & Fancy), disco (De Leo, Phil & Linda), and stuff bordering on hardcore bpms (2Fast, Saifam songs)

Hope this helps somewhat