Super Eurobeat 191

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 29 Sep 2008, 17:17

cheeseman wrote:Funny how Tokyo Tonight also sounds like a cover of Divine, though with changed lyrics. :P
You could easily mix the acapella of Kiss Me Divine with the instrumental of Tokyo Tonight, or vice versa. Too bad Saifam doesn't release these versions anymore.
Yeah, I notice that SAIFAM likes to borrow bits of older/other songs and fuse them into "newer" songs.

(...says the one who put out two nearly identical songs ._. )
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 30 Sep 2008, 15:08

Ok, so I managed to get this album today.
And I really have to say, it's awesome.

This album is a very good album to start the 190's with!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 01 Oct 2008, 12:58

Balls, I've been unable to get this album from mu-mo so far. :( Anyone else having the same?
ImageImage

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 01 Oct 2008, 14:33

Nope. Got it.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Oct 2008, 21:05

#Infinity wrote:Balls, I've been unable to get this album from mu-mo so far. :( Anyone else having the same?
They don't seem to have the option to download the whole album for 1,500 yen (like they've had for the previous albums)

Think I'll hold off for a bit. Runaway is really the only track I really want in full anyway.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Oct 2008, 00:30

From the songs I own:

RUNAWAY by Leo River: DANG this guy's got vocals! Quite frankly DAMN impressive work from GGM, everything is just very well-produced and Leo doesn't disappoint!
A

RIDE ON MY SPEEDY CAR by Garcon: Hi-NRG delivers a smirker, a great number with the originality of Bomba mixed with that sense of fun and humor Garcon instilled in such classics as Booga Booga Chew Chew, blended with that delicious ingredient of car steel. Very nicely produced with above-par synth riff.
A-

LOOKING FOR LOVERS by Ducky Chix: Sinclaire really seems to have his style a bit more down-pat, and it's showing. Ducky Chix (whomever the vocalist is) does a great job vocally (most Sinclaire-picked girls tend to have some great star power)... the only disappointments are the synth riff (forgettable) and the fact that it's ANOTHER estrogen ride. AVEX! HEAR OUR CRIES! WE WANT NIKO DAMN IT!
B (Winner of ":3" award for cutest on the album)

INTO THE GAME by Powerful T.: And then ABeatC cast down a thunderbolt from the sky, smiting all those that had abandoned its side. And T. the Powerful did smile, and there was much awesome. And the synth riff caused many to asplode, and his voice did boom to the believers with news of joyous days to come, if all works could be like his.
A+

KISS ME DIVINE by Mark Foster: The intro's really cool, but it's clear that Tokyo Tonight was inspired by this song. I can practically sing it over this song. Even so, I think this song is better-- something about it is more original.
B- (dropped a sign due to releasing two songs so freaking related in such succession)

WILDLIFE by Jay Lehr: Now THIS one's smooth. I love how it's produced, and it's just... a great experience to listen to.
A

MY GASOLINE by Daniel
: I'm somewhat torn, really. On one hand the chorus is a good bit sloppy, and that's a hard thing to achieve in dance music. Daniel sounds angry somehow— probably warranted for this song— but there's little tricks that sound like he's straining, which brings it down a notch. On the other hand, the synth riff is quite frankly addictive and superior, and there's a nice classic feel to it, almost "back when Eurobeat was THE Pop Genre" feel.
B (originally B-, increased one sign for excellent synth riff)

PURPLE EMOTION by Go2: Intro almost reminded me of Space Boy. Something seems unusually Pop about it— perhaps the fact that it uses a similar chord change to the song "That Thing You Do" by the Wonders (yes, from the movie of the same title)... it almost sounds screamingly gay until you hear that it is, in fact, an ode to a girl (by... two guys. What kind of girl do they think she is??) that the protagonist(s) love(s). It's good MUSIC at the loss of Eurobeat-ness.
B-

GOT TO BE CERTAIN by Cherry: This one has a great novelty factor to it, reminds me a LOT-a-lot of very early Eurobeat. Cherry's vocals aren't as on-spot as they've been in previous songs, but the song has a sort of cuteness to it which I enjoy.
B (runner up for ":3" award)

BEST SONGS IN MY PURCHASES:
*Into the Game
*Runaway
*Wildlife

HONORABLE MENTION:
*Ride On My Speedy Car

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME:
*Purple Emotion

CUTEST (":3" Award):
*Looking For Lovers

This is a VERY solid album! I'd be very surprised if even the songs I didn't buy got 6's or less!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Oct 2008, 01:25

zoupzuop2 wrote: This is a VERY solid album! I'd be very surprised if even the songs I didn't buy got 6's or less!
Fantasy World is really terrible... i guess annalise is becoming more like norma :(

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 02 Oct 2008, 06:15

Just bought the album tonight; expect me to review it in the next episode of Super Euro Power Hour.
ImageImage

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Oct 2008, 00:11

Who is this Alkogan producer and unusual writers on Into The Game and A Neverending Night? also omg at my gasoline / daniel... m.rizzi made some clever lyrics :P Just a thought though, maybe i'm crazy, but I think Looking for Lovers meant to be satirical because they're "independent", yet "looking for lovers". What does everyone else think? There are also other instances like "'Always on the loose' is our password" and "The program was set down to help and to check each other", artist name... Good lyrics but the song is kind of average :( Interesting that Dima Music and Time Records are listed in labels too :O

I wonder why there is a siren at the end of My Gasoline....
Last edited by Tiger on 03 Oct 2008, 02:41, edited 2 times in total.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 03 Oct 2008, 01:51

Hm well time is coming back at 192, and Dima at 193 so I don't find it too confusing.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Oct 2008, 02:27

valiant wrote: and Dima at 193 so I don't find it too confusing.
um what Dima song is going to be on 193?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 03 Oct 2008, 05:44

Tiger wrote:m.rizzi made some clever lyrics :P
Rizzi wrote the music, not the lyrics. Those are done by miss Moroni (unless something unusual happened, and Matteo did write the lyrics, but I don't think he did).

And I am patiently waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail...

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 03 Oct 2008, 06:14

Tiger wrote:
valiant wrote: and Dima at 193 so I don't find it too confusing.
um what Dima song is going to be on 193?
*shrug* dunno. I just know he is going to be on 193. That is all that matters.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Oct 2008, 08:01

valiant
Hm well time is coming back at 192, and Dima at 193 so I don't find it too confusing.
TIME won't be back. Mr. Dall Ora will return with his label Eurogrooves. maybe AVEX will work in his new logo.

Matteo Rizzi
Euro To B

Post by Matteo Rizzi » 03 Oct 2008, 08:32

MKwiakaku wrote:
Tiger wrote:m.rizzi made some clever lyrics :P
Rizzi wrote the music, not the lyrics. Those are done by miss Moroni

Lyrics by Moroni, music by me. :D
When I made this song (dec. 2007) in Italy was the strike of gasoline stand and track carrying gasoline for more than a week… and my car without gasoline.
So, I’ve put the “BAKA” song title “No gasoline!”.
Then it became "My gasoline". :P

lol