Super Eurobeat 193

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2009, 00:45

Received mah CD today. Gonna listen tonight. A review? maybe tonight, maybe later.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Jan 2009, 02:34

Lebon14 wrote:Received mah CD today. Gonna listen tonight. A review? maybe tonight, maybe later.
For some reason that caught my eye. Hurr hurr.

Once I'm in a better financial situation (I have less than a dollar to my name right now), I'll buy a few tracks.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 14 Jan 2009, 14:49

drnrg wrote:Hung Up, Try Me and Looka Bomba all sounded like lazy remekes to me. Hung Up actually had the audacity to use the same lame riff from Madonna's song. That's super lazy for some one as talented as Farina.
The unique riff in the Madonna original is what made 'Hung Up' so memorable and catchy. Hadn't Saifam reused that same riff, it would've sounded really bizarre. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Saifam's remake when it was released on Juno, it was a terrible idea on Avex's behalf to place it as track number 4 right after 'Save a Prayer'. Avex didn't give its listeners a whole lot to look forward to; the Dima track was just too good.

As for 'Try Me', the song doesn't sound overproduced or too estranged from the original. The simplicity of it worked marvellously. The reasoning behind why you hate these songs is actually why I like them. I won't comment on 'Looka Bomba', since I feel GGM should disappear for a few months to recuperate after a string of questionable performances.

And this just needs to be said, but I cannot believe how BAD 'Too Young to Fall in Love' is. The original was full of raw energy and power, but I don't 'get' the whole bubblegum feel to this remake. The vocals are an absolute travesty too; Maurizio de Jorio sounds as if he's drowning, literally. The oeuvre of SinclaireStyle up until this point severely lacks the vigour of Leonardi's older productions, and this DeJo remake sadly doesn't offer much hope for the future.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 14 Jan 2009, 15:28

Jay wrote:The unique riff in the Madonna original is what made 'Hung Up' so memorable and catchy. Hadn't Saifam reused that same riff, it would've sounded really bizarre. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Saifam's remake when it was released on Juno, it was a terrible idea on Avex's behalf to place it as track number 4 right after 'Save a Prayer'. Avex didn't give its listeners a whole lot to look forward to; the Dima track was just too good.

As for 'Try Me', the song doesn't sound overproduced or too estranged from the original. The simplicity of it worked marvellously. The reasoning behind why you hate these songs is actually why I like them. I won't comment on 'Looka Bomba' since I feel, after the last four SEBs, that GGM should just disappear for a few months to recuperate after a string of questionable performances.

And this just needs to be said, but I cannot believe how bad 'Too Young to Fall in Love' is. The vocals are an absolute travesty; Maurizio de Jorio sounds as if he's drowning, literally. On top of that, I just don't 'get' that whole bubblegum feel to the song. The whole oeuvre of SinclaireStyle lacks raw energy, and this DeJo remake is perfectly indicative of this.
Wow... I... That's incredible! I seldom tend to see eye to eye with you on Eurobeat preference, Jay - but we're completely in agreement on all of the above!

There's one thing I'm going to personally go out on a limb for, though, and this one is bound to incur a LOT of wrath from many people here.

I don't like Go Go's Music.

Seriously, I really don't like them. Not so much for their music, but for what they represent...

It was all nice and fun when they first came along, and there were some perky and very good songs. And it's not to say they never make a good song, because they occasionally do. But they're faltering, and badly, and all I'm left to think is what I was worried about in the first place:

Splitting A-Beat C up has taken one fantastic label and turned it into two mediocre labels.

I always enjoyed hearing A-Beat C's output when it was all hands on board - Dave R, Domino and Oliva producing, all the great vocalists and writers working together. Sure there were bad songs, but there was an immense wealth of good songs. Ever since they split up, those great talented minds who once bounced off each other have lost their way.

I guess you could say the old A-Beat C was more than the sum of its parts, and that, for me, couldn't be more true since hearing what's become of it since the split.

I hope they can both bring fresh new talented writers/producers on board to rejuvinate things and give us two excellent labels, but that should have happened before they split, not after.

Both labels need to seriously get their skates on if either of them wants to get back to where the old A-Beat C used to be. In the words of a mediocre Lolita song - "Hurry up! Hurry up!"
Last edited by DJ Mike TJG on 14 Jan 2009, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2009, 16:05

I seriously disagree with you Mike on Go Go's.

Go Go's Music is simply awesome. They made a lot of awesome music since the last few albums. Even Domino (*points to Para Girl*).

For A-Beat-C though... very few hits hre and there. Poor label. The separation of Domino and Sandro from A-Beat-C was for the best.

Here are my top 5 Go Go's :
(SEB 193 not included)
1. Mari-san - Secret Destination
2. Leo River - Runaway
3. Domino & Kaioh - Nack 5
4. Domino - Para Girl
5. Lolita - Hurry Up! Hurry Up!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Jan 2009, 16:31

And I usually don't agree with Lebon, but here we are...It made so much sense why A-BEAT C productions were lacking when Sandro left. While Dave is not a bad producer or writer, that A-BEAT C magic left and went to GGM. I haven't heard a bad song from GGM yet.

When was the last time I was wowed by an A-BEAT C song? VIVA THE NIGHT...yeah. Sad.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 14 Jan 2009, 17:14

I've heard plenty of bad GGM songs, and Looka Bomba would be one of them if they weren't working with such awesome source material. The vocals are incredibly weak during the verses, and they sound like they were sitting on massage chairs for the chorus.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 Jan 2009, 17:20

pokecapn wrote:I've heard plenty of bad GGM songs, and Looka Bomba would be one of them if they weren't working with such awesome source material. The vocals are incredibly weak during the verses, and they sound like they were sitting on massage chairs for the chorus.
There have been a couple of questionable performances from GGM (one of which was Secret Destination, or "that track that everyone else seems to love and I hate") However, they have also put in some very stellar performances, namely Nack 5, Para Girl, My Heart Goes Boom Boom and the excellent Runaway. They are still one of the stronger, more vibrant labels on the SEB series at the moment and I'm hoping that Looka Bomba was just a momentary lapse in concentration (the original was pretty hard to beat!)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 14 Jan 2009, 17:50

the_ditz wrote:There have been a couple of questionable performances from GGM (one of which was Secret Destination, or "that track that everyone else seems to love and I hate") However, they have also put in some very stellar performances, namely Nack 5, Para Girl, My Heart Goes Boom Boom and the excellent Runaway. They are still one of the stronger, more vibrant labels on the SEB series at the moment and I'm hoping that Looka Bomba was just a momentary lapse in concentration (the original was pretty hard to beat!)
There have been some great songs from both, but the trouble is this seems to be an exception rather than the rule.

Prior to the 170s, when this division happened, I regularly added 3, 4 or even 5 songs from A-Beat C to my iPod for regular rotation. In the 170s and 180s this dropped to 1 or 2 from the two combined. In fact, looking back over the 180s, I genuinely only picked 1 song per album to make it to my iPod - on 185+186 this was even 0.

Although, it has to be said, I found the quality of SEB deteriorated as a whole during last year.

Perhaps as an exception to the rule, 192+193 produced a higher number of A-Beat C/GGM songs that I keep coming back to - Nack 5, Para Girl, Unbelievable, Try Me, Space Boy

What makes me sad is that Domino & Oliva felt a strong enough divide with the rest of A-Beat C that they felt they had to branch off and make another label.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2009, 18:01

DJ Mike TJG wrote:Although, it has to be said, I found the quality of SEB improving as a whole during last year.
Corrected :')
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 14 Jan 2009, 18:43

I like Looka Bomba. Yes I do.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 14 Jan 2009, 19:27

Bore wrote:I like Looka Bomba. Yes I do.
So do I.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 14 Jan 2009, 20:10

Recarding ABEATC (and music generally), it's just matter of taste.

Personally I do like the 'new style' of ABEATC since Sandro left. I do really like the intro's and the sound. With these intro's more feeling has been added to the song (quess that's Luigi work). Beside the entro's I also like the kind of 'musical break' in the song. Really missed this during Sandro 'time' at ABEATC (does not say I do not like his work).

But hearing the tracks from GGM I hear the same way of working by Sandro. So for me there isen't any difference recarding his 'structure' on the trax he created at ABEATC or GGM. It's just the way he works.

For ABEATC the mix between 'sensitive Luigi' and Dave R. is good. Sharp quality sounds which you like or not (again that's a taste). Top songs for 2008 are for me the Matt Lands, Mega NRG Mans and certain Nuage songs and Mickey B. plus Digital Planet. And also Powerful T and Ace Warrior, playing them in the car! Fantastico.

As mentioned, just a matter of taste. For excample I do have respect for the people behind Hi-NRG Attack, but its just not my style (with all respect). Just give me ABEATC and SCP (trancy stuff and fast Eurobeat made by a fantastic team) plus some Delta stuff. But also Dima or Bratts stuff and what about Eurogrooves. I just like the sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last but not least, I do have to say that the mix of all the labels are good for the sound of Eurobeat! Plus the extended versions, great! For me no remix or nonstop stuff. Let the Italians do their thing and Japan has to release the stuff!

Forza ITAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA!

Ciao,

Ronald.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 14 Jan 2009, 22:09

the_ditz wrote:There have been a couple of questionable performances from GGM (one of which was Secret Destination, or "that track that everyone else seems to love and I hate") However, they have also put in some very stellar performances, namely Nack 5, Para Girl, My Heart Goes Boom Boom and the excellent Runaway. They are still one of the stronger, more vibrant labels on the SEB series at the moment and I'm hoping that Looka Bomba was just a momentary lapse in concentration (the original was pretty hard to beat!)
Don't get me wrong, I used to REALLY enjoy GGM back in the 170s and - for the most part - the 180s, but I feel they've lost a bit of their lustre this decade thus far. There's still time to redeem themselves in my book, but I wouldn't want to end the decade only enjoying one GGM track (being 'Runaway').

And I do enjoy 'Secret Destination' as well, haha.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Jan 2009, 03:50

Lebon14 wrote:
Bore wrote:I like Looka Bomba. Yes I do.
So do I.
Thirded.