SEB Package to be released on iTunes in November

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Mar 2009, 06:17

Well there was at least one artist who had never appeared on SEB series..and that is Luke.and I still say that the songs that AVEX threw to the curb are the ones Newfield should be able to showcase by other means. I mean AVEX wants for those songs to just sit in the archives and not make any revenue? That's just plain greedy :evil:

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 28 Mar 2009, 21:09

And look how many songs and entire artists(eg Laura Vox) from Hi-NRG Attack never made it onto SEB or Euromach. There's still quite a few that haven't been released at all. HRG has been digitally releasing material almost as long as they've been on SEB(since 2004). Of course, they're a minority label like Asia and the late great Vibration, so they don't have as tight a contract as Delta(who used to have at least three songs per SEB, before they cut them down, nice job breaking it Avex) I don't think they're in danger of being pulled anytime soon.

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 29 Mar 2009, 01:16

By the way i donno if this was said , but Valentina album is up !
Valentina Special Collection

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 01 Apr 2009, 21:17

LOL I'm late here, since I've been away from the forums so don't flame too much for this:
DJ Mike TJG wrote:- Prohibited their own labels from publishing promo videos of new songs (a la GGM, Hi-NRG)
WHAT WHAT WHAT?!
So no more vids from the GGM site like the (fairly) new Tomas Marin one? :cry:

AVEX = :evil:
#Infinity wrote:My only guess would be that Avex worries that the selling of an SEB label's music via iTunes would prevent fans from buying it through their own compilations instead, but they've taken it all way too far this time, and I'm sick of it. I still love eurobeat with a passion, but Avex is constantly making it harder and harder just to even be able to buy more of it.

Quite honestly, I think eurobeat would be far more successful if it were availible outside of Japan, since it's kind of a dying trend over there, but other places like Korea and Taiwan are fairly interested. At this point I think the genre would be a million times more successful if all the labels, including the exclusively-owned ones, quit their contract with Avex and actually made a true effort to promote their music. Not just by releasing it separately, but by spreading word. I bet a compilation of at least fairly radio-friendly eurobeat would do just fine if it were released internationally; surely it wouldn't be a massive hit, but it would do okay.

I know it sounds naive to think that promoting eurobeat outside of a large company would be better, but at this point, Avex has become the primary enemy of everything.
^THIS
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 06 Apr 2009, 18:02

As if to add final insult to injury, Avex have removed all Super Eurobeat Special Collections from all iTunes stores except Japan, so you now need to go about the stupid route of purchasing special store cards if you want to buy any more songs!

This may, in fact, be due to Apple phasing in iTunes Plus across 100% of its music, meaning Avex never bothered to file non-DRM versions of its songs and was thus removed, however given the songs continued availability on the Japanese store, this is hard to believe.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Apr 2009, 18:08

^
[... SPAM]

BULLSHIT.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 06 Apr 2009, 18:46

Thank god I bought most of the Lolita and Domino stuff before they went down. But still, WHAT THE FUCK.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Apr 2009, 18:49

DJ Mike TJG wrote:As if to add final insult to injury, Avex have removed all Super Eurobeat Special Collections from all iTunes stores except Japan, so you now need to go about the stupid route of purchasing special store cards if you want to buy any more songs!

This may, in fact, be due to Apple phasing in iTunes Plus across 100% of its music, meaning Avex never bothered to file non-DRM versions of its songs and was thus removed, however given the songs continued availability on the Japanese store, this is hard to believe.
Hilarious. Just.....words cannot describe how ridiculous this is.

Welcome to the 21st Century of music in Avex's eyes - if you ain't from Japan, we don't want your money!

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 06 Apr 2009, 19:52

DJ Mike TJG wrote:As if to add final insult to injury, Avex have removed all Super Eurobeat Special Collections from all iTunes stores except Japan, so you now need to go about the stupid route of purchasing special store cards if you want to buy any more songs!

.....Oh my God they're seriously gonna kill it all..... :cry:
I really truly hate them now....
Heh, but on the other hand: IDW FTW, amiright? (at least now) :???:
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Apr 2009, 20:24

Maybe they will repost them in iTunes Plus format later. Wouldn't count the Special Collections out yet. Was the removal of Eurobeat Masters maybe also related to the switch?
At least Hi-NRG Attack's albums are still up(they were already iTunes Plus, I think).

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Apr 2009, 20:37

wolftickets1969 wrote:Maybe they will repost them in iTunes Plus format later. Wouldn't count the Special Collections out yet. Was the removal of Eurobeat Masters maybe also related to the switch?
At least Hi-NRG Attack's albums are still up(they were already iTunes Plus, I think).
Wouldn't explain the removal of Eurobeat Masters from Junodownload, as they already had up to wav quality available...

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Apr 2009, 20:48

I think Avex did have a legitimate reason for removing Delta's albums, they were a violation of their contract. I hope they didn't just give up on the collections on international iTunes because they "weren't profitable".

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Apr 2009, 20:51

wolftickets1969 wrote:I think Avex did have a legitimate reason for removing Delta's albums, they were a violation of their contract. I hope they didn't just give up on the collections on international iTunes because they "weren't profitable".
I just hope that Delta will consider releasing more Eurobeat Masters compilations with unreleased tracks that Avex has turned down, because there were a lot of those tracks on EBM that perhaps wouldn't have seen the light of day otherwise.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 06 Apr 2009, 21:00

wolftickets1969 wrote:I think Avex did have a legitimate reason for removing Delta's albums, they were a violation of their contract. I hope they didn't just give up on the collections on international iTunes because they "weren't profitable".
Do you own a copy of our contract?

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 06 Apr 2009, 21:18

newfield wrote:
Do you own a copy of our contract?
BUURRRRNED :D
Dima: The God of Eurobeat