Super Eurobeat Vol.207 -Everlasting Dance Trax-

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Sep 2010, 15:34

The first half of this album was absolutely hideous, and I was about to declare this one of the worst albums ever released... But, thankfully, the latter half of the album was actually very good. :P Random thoughts...

Delta
I'm a major fan of all of Capaldi's works, even if they do take a while to warm up to sometimes, so the two Delta songs on this album were welcome additions to the decade. I'm still warming up to the Marko song, which is a very typical Capaldi production, but "Stay With Me" was definitely a surprise! I wouldn't have ever guessed that Capaldi produced this, which, I suppose, alleviates some of our fears about his productions sounding too samey. A great effort by the Delta crew.

Dima
Dima was a mixed bag on this album. I thoroughly enjoyed "Stardust", but "All About You" is probably Dima's most forgettable song of the decade, if not of all time. That song does absolutely nothing for me. The quick succession of slow Dima material has finally taken its toll on me - I can't even tell these type of songs apart anymore. Having said that, however, I actually enjoyed the Destinee song, probably because it's not Dima who's singing it. Yes, her voice is a bit plain, but I think it works with the general, steady mood of the song.

Go Go's Music
Not impressed with Manuel, especially not as the album opener. The problems I highlighted with "It's Like A Fire" and basically all of GGM's male productions in the past few years are present here yet again, and, to save myself from sounding like a broken record, I don't really want to go into all of that again. All I'll say is that those lighter synths GGM have adopted have already lost them quite a number of fans and are not gaining them any new ones. GGM really needs to bring back the power and edge that was present in their earliest productions.

Hi-NRG Attack
Very glad to see that Hi-NRG Attack are finally pumping out material that is catchy and innovative for a change. Of course, I'm mainly referring to the Joe D. Toaster production more than the Claudia Vip one, but "Lucky Star" wasn't all that bad either. I hope this isn't just a brief flash of inspiration from Hi-NRG that we're hearing though - I hope it's a permanent change for the better.

SCP
Like Dima, SCP was a mixed bag. "Bigga Boom" was just an immature and annoying mess that did no justice to the label, but "Hi Love", on the other hand, really blew me away! Traditional Jay Lehr at his pure best, and my favourite song from the album.

SinclaireStyle
SinclaireStyle has really been the dark horse of the decade for me so far. However, I don't really understand all the hype surrounding "1.2.3.4. Fire!" Maybe that's because I'm not the biggest fan of late 90s/early noughties eurobeat material. Oh, and I'm still seething with rage over the fact that the DeJo alias was used for this song (yes, I'm still having nightmares over that horrendous "Too Young To Fall In Love" remake from 193). Kill that alias off altogether, I say!

Sun Fire
When I first heard "The Race Of The Night", I hated it, but I can already feel that it is slowly growing on me. It'll probably take some time before this Dave Rodgers song deserves regular airplay though. To say that Sun Fire has had a very strange effect on me so far would be an understatement, haha.

Top 3
  1. Jay Lehr - Hi Love
  2. Marika - Stay With Me
  3. Mr. Moog - Stardust
Honourable Mention
  1. Joe D. Toaster - Feel The Power Inside
Bottom 3
  1. Manuel - Limousine
  2. Dream Fighter - All About You
  3. Christine - Bigga Boom

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 03 Sep 2010, 17:25

Jay wrote:Delta
I'm a major fan of all of Capaldi's works, even if they do take a while to warm up to sometimes, so the two Delta songs on this album were welcome additions to the decade. I'm still warming up to the Marko song, which is a very typical Capaldi production, but "Stay With Me" was definitely a surprise! I wouldn't have ever guessed that Capaldi produced this, which, I suppose, alleviates some of our fears about his productions sounding too samey. A great effort by the Delta crew.
Seriously, I have to concur with you on this one. I totally went dizzy over Stay With Me, It's been quite a long time since we (I) have been graced with such elegance and beauty from a song and vocalist that I literally felt like I was in the arms of the goddess when listening to this song. Okay, It might be a bit exaggerating but well ... You get what I mean.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Sep 2010, 07:38

I just got my copy today, just listened to it now... I wonder why I keep buying it :( I only really enjoyed the move remix so far - no song has jumped out at me yet. The healing remix of take my breath away is pretty good, though it isn't eurobeat. :P oh well! let's hope 208 is the star of this decade hehe

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Sep 2010, 11:45

After 5 days, there is one song that I come back to again and again - Limousine. It's just legendary to my ears!! It makes me kind of sad that Manuel is no longer at Go-Go's since they had clearly created a good working partnership...

A full review of the album will follow when I have the time, but I expect Limousine, Stardust and Stay With Me to steal the top 3 spots. :)

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 05 Sep 2010, 21:52

For me this has got to be the worst decade since the 150s. That isn't to say it's completely horrible, just not on par with the last 4 decades of SEB.

Bravo to Marika and Jay Lehr. Both solid tracks. Happy to hear Eurogrooves again even if it had to be as a remix instead of one of their own productions.

The rest of this album though ranged from a whole lotta "meh" to "all right" :S.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 05 Sep 2010, 22:02

Densetsu13 wrote:For me this has got to be the worst decade since the 150s. That isn't to say it's completely horrible, just not on par with the last 4 decades of SEB.
:(

Seems like people really don't like Bigga Boom very much. I guess it's probably just kind of "annoying" or "too cheesy," but I personally think it's great stuff. I am a girl, after all, so I guess I just appreciate its style more.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 05 Sep 2010, 22:35

I love Bigga Boom, just to give a hint of my review that I will do hopefully later today or in the next week.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 06 Sep 2010, 00:02

Megan188 wrote:
Densetsu13 wrote:For me this has got to be the worst decade since the 150s. That isn't to say it's completely horrible, just not on par with the last 4 decades of SEB.

Seems like people really don't like Bigga Boom very much. I guess it's probably just kind of "annoying" or "too cheesy," but I personally think it's great stuff. I am a girl, after all, so I guess I just appreciate its style more.
I don't discriminate when it comes to Eurobeat and will always jump up to profess my love for the girly and unnecessarily cheesy types of songs, but Bigga Boom just sounds so...uninspired.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 06 Sep 2010, 09:11

Megan188 wrote:Seems like people really don't like Bigga Boom very much. I guess it's probably just kind of "annoying" or "too cheesy," but I personally think it's great stuff. I am a girl, after all, so I guess I just appreciate its style more.
I think it's pretty impossible to hate songs like that, So yeah I actually kinda like it. I think it's more like most people just have some sort of negativity towards this kind of slightly less serious eurobeat and thus, Whenever songs like that arise, It's just an instant diss.

The only songs that still aren't growing on me at the moment and probably won't are WW Dream and Limousine.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

Takarou
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Takarou » 09 Sep 2010, 00:42

Megan188 wrote:

I am a girl, and "Bigga Boom" is the only song on the album I can't stand. I couldn't even make it through the entire song one time, and I usually like Christine's songs. O.o

Being the De Jorio fangirl that I am, it should be pretty obvious what my favorite song of the album is.....

I only just got my album, but here are my first impressions:

Top 3

1. Dejo - "1.2.3.4. FIRE!"

This is exactly the style of song I ADORE + my favorite vocalist, and it's a no brainer that this is my favorite song on the album. I knew it would be when I saw the tracklist for the first time. Also, I lol at the screaming girls in the background around the 4:20 mark. Awesome. Pure awesome.

2. Manuel - "Limousine"

It's good to hear more of the macho screaming Manuel, and even more awesome to hear a song with such hilarious lyrics! The only thing I don't like about this song is having it followed by "Bigga Boom" :(

3. Marko - "I Need a Revolution"

I knew at the 2 second mark of this song that I was going to love it. Whoever this new vocalist is, I really like him. :o Also happy to have another energetic, power-packed Delta track. Everytime this song ends, I just want to hear it again.

Bottom 3

1. Christine - "Bigga Boom"

I don't really have that much to say about this song as I haven't even listened to the whole thing. I start to feel like I'm going to throw up less than a minute in. The super cutesy songs are really hit-and-miss for me, and this is a definite miss. Maybe the vocals are just pitched a little too much? I don't even really know...

2. Destinee - "Wonderwoman Dream"

The intro for this song sets the total opposite mood that I'd like for a Eurobeat song.... nap time?? It sounds 'nice', I guess, but this song is just kind of floaty and sleep-inducing. Not at all what I want from Eurobeat, but given the right mood, I'll probably still listen to it.

3. Dream Fighter - "All About You"

The song starts.. and I feel like a Backstreet Boys ballad is playing. and as the song continues, I can't shake the feeling that I've basically heard this song before.. everytime the chorus starts, I feel like I should be listening to Krystal - "Dream"....

Honorable Mentions

The rest of the album! Wow, picking a top 3 was difficult! .. but more specifically:

m.o.v.e. -"恋しさと せつなさと 心強さと (Eurogrooves Remix)"
Marika - "Stay With Me"
Joe D. Toaster - "Feel the Power Inside"
Jay Lehr - "Hi Love"

Overall Thoughts

This is one of the best albums imo in a long time. I only really don't like "Bigga Boom". The rest of the bottom 3 is just.. my 3 least favorite, and even then, I'll definitely listen to them. I don't normally write reviews or anything, since there's normally not enough songs I really like to motivate me to do it, but I very well might this time around.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Sep 2010, 09:13

Top tune here is Jay Lehr - amazing hooks and stylish 80-sh sound..!

Marika - a *poplife* like voice, ..yeah...definetely a good tune.

Manuel gets high points for neat Queen symphonics..

Destinee - good tune, early A Beat C / hi nrg sounding.

----

liptos
Euro To B

Post by liptos » 09 Sep 2010, 15:15

MMM, I love Limousine and Hi Love! Man, I didn't like Race of the Night nearly as much as The Race is the Game. Listened to it a couple times on my runs and now I'm back to Race is the Game haha.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 11 Sep 2010, 12:55

To me, this album is rather disappointing.
I could try to point out what I don't like for each song, but I won't do that. The songs are not really bad but they sound too distant from what I like. There are some nice songs, but they don't come close to songs I really think that are good.

02 Christine - Bigga Boom :)
03 Dejo - 1 2 3 4 Fire :)
05 Dream Fighter - All About You :)
These are the better songs of the album I think.

07 Claudia Vip - Lucky Star :| :)
09 Mr. Moog - Stardust :| :)
The intro synth of Claudia Vip is great. Apart from the verse, this is a good song. But I really dislike those backing synths of the verse. That sound is also present in the chorus. Stardust is nice but annoys me after a couple of minutes.

04 Destinee - Wonderwoman Dream :|
Everytime I hear that intro, I think I'm listening to Kelly Rowland - Dilemma. The rest of the song isn't very interesting to me either.

01 Manuel - Limousine :| :(
06 Joe D.Toaster - Feel The Power Inside :(
08 Marko - I Need A Revolution :(
10 Marika - Stay With Me :(
11 Jay Lehr - Hi Love :| :(
12 Dave Rodgers - The Race Of The Night :(
13 Move - 恋しさと せつなさと 心強さと [EUROGROOVES REMIX] :(
14 Ace - Take My Breath Away :(
These are just not my style. It is just like listening to some completely other music style I don't like.
Last edited by jeurobeat on 11 Sep 2010, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 11 Sep 2010, 19:01

Can I has the first graded review?

01. Limousine by Manuel Go Go's Music
Finally some Go Go's. It's probably Manuel's last song with GGM before switching to Dima. This song isn't bad at all. It has a nice hook, vocals and soundworld. That makes the song quite exciting. I really enjoyed it.

9.5/10

02. Bigga Boom by Christine SCP
Wow! That's the first thing that comes to mind when I listen to this song! Exciting and happy describe this song very well. The vocals are very nice and the soundworld is incredible. I really like that fast beat from early SCP : 158 BPM!

10/10

03. 1 2 3 4 Fire! by Dejo SinclaireStyle
If I remember right, I didn't like this song from the preview or was neutral at best. But I review my position. This is actually not half bad! I like how Sinclaire kinda came back to his sources with the soundworld. I think it's what makes this sound good. Otherwise, if he would have used the soundworlds he used since he started on SEB again, this would sound REALLY awkward. I'm looking forward to more songs in this style.

9/10

04. Wonderwoman Dream by Destinée Dima
Uggghh. This song screams US pop ballads. I don't say that this isn't Eurobeat, it's Eurobeat. But, damn, aishu stuff never got me and this song is clearly shows it. Next.

5/10

05. All About You by Dream Fighters Dima
The back vocals in the intro heavily reminded of some vocal work in Link Park songs. Beside that, the synth hook is pretty good and the soundworlds in general attracts me. The song is good but I kind of feel that it repeats itself all over again... maybe it's because we get too much Dima these days? Maybe it'll grow on me...

8.5/10

06. Feel The Power Inside by Joe D.Toaster Hi-NRG Attack
Intro is pretty awesome and the synth hook is also! Man, we can see that Hi-NRG Attack is drifting away from their confort zone. This song screams energy and it is what it has! It is an excellent song!

10/10

07. Lucky Star by Claudio VIP Hi-NRG Attack
That bass synth in the intro sounds weird. That aside, the synth hook is out of the Hi-NRG confort zone but the rest is... nothing out of ordinary. It's just your average female singer Hi-NRG song.

7.25/10

08. I Need A Revolution by Marko Delta
HELL YEAH. Delta's back on the line! Miss them! This song is packed with pure power and energy, the real stuff. I think it's clear of what I think of this song :P

10/10

09. Stardust by Mr.Moog Dima
Dima again... That intro starts with your average House song but turns into that trance soundworld shortly after with a glimpse of eurobeat soundworld... Wow. XD Hopefully, the rest is clearly Eurobeat. The synth hook is pretty good. The verse is a bit weak but the bridge and chorus really compensate for that! Pretty good song overall.

8.5/10

10. Stay With Me by Marika Delta
Female Delta composed by Rizzi & Moroni. The intro is so soothing! Incredible. The synth hook is very fitting and well composed. The vocals are pretty good and soothing. Strong production overall, I love it.

9.5/10

11. Hi Love by Jay Lehr SCP
Before reviewing, let me show this...
Wow... they don't even double check the spelling.
Anyway, back to review. The intro reminds me of some other intros, somehow. Thr synth hook is pretty good but not the best. The vocals are INCREDIBLE. Definetely in the best Jay Lehr songs. Thumbs up!

9/10

12. The Race Of The Night (The Race Of The Night Ex. Ver) by Dave Rodgers Sun Fire
Wanna race? It's what the intro tells me. Haha. The synth riff is pretty good. I think it's out of Dave's confort zone. The chorus is what makes the song memorable. Really good. I love this song... don't know what exactly makes me love it though... XD

8.75/10

13. Koishisato Setsunasato Kokorotsuyosato (Eurogrooves Remix) by M.o.v.e Eurogrooves/Avex

I really don't know where the original of this song is because it seems inexistant in m.o.v.e's discography. Anyway, the intro sure bring some energy! The synth hook is good (but not the best). But somehow the female vocals kind of kills the verses' energy. Overall, I think it's just your average Eurobeat song.

7.5/10

14. Take My Breath Away by Ace (SCP)
...why? It sure sounds like it's "Healing" me but seriously kills the mood of the album.

4/10

Overall, this album pleased me a whole lot. I'm kind of split concerning the Dima issue with Avex but as long as I can find some good song every albums to keep playing from other labels, well, I'm OK with the choices. That's it.

Overall : 8.5/10

Top 3 :
I Need A Revolution
Bigga Boom
Feel The Power Inside

Bottom 3 :
Take My Breath Away (Healing Version)
Wonderwoman Dream
Lucky Star

Honorable Top 3 Mention :
Hi Love
Stay With Me
Limousine
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Sep 2010, 21:13

Lebon14
Dima again... That intro starts with your average House song but turns into that trance soundworld shortly after with a glimpse of eurobeat soundworld... Wow. XD Hopefully, the rest is clearly Eurobeat. The synth hook is pretty good. The verse is a bit weak but the bridge and chorus really compensate for that! Pretty good song overall.

8.5/10

What?????? House and Trance? Are we listening to the same song??? :? :???: