Get prepared for another period without new releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Get prepared for another period without new releases

Post by DarkSky » 28 Jul 2011, 19:48

Hey guys 'n girls,
I just wanted to let you know that after SEB218, we're going to have a huge period without any new releases.

August: SEB217
September: SEB218

October: SEB219 (NON-STOP)
November: SEB2011 BEST (NON-STOP)
December: SEB220 (NON-STOP

So what will you do during a period of 4 months without any new Eurobeat, there's only a little bit of hope left that labels will release tracks on iTunes in this period. I'll see what I can do for Dima Music because I'd like to keep the genre running with new music.

By the way, some of my advice:
Enjoy SEB217 and SEB218 hahah

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 Jul 2011, 20:01

All we can do is hope that avex or some other labels will release more special collections or something. There are always possibilities for more j-euro stuff to be released as well.

I usually just listen to old euro like Euromach and random 90s eurobeat songs during those times. There are a ton of old para routines I dunno either so I'm usually learning those as well.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Jul 2011, 06:09

My musical interests have actually diversified a lot over the past few months, so I'm not as upset as I might've been otherwise. I haven't really enjoyed the 210's decade very much, not just because the music has been generally unimpressive, but also because Musico closed and so I can't conveniently buy the new albums online (I never even listened to SEB 212). The fact that Saifam and TIME/Eurogrooves, arguably my two favorite labels, are now just producing a bunch of lazy covers instead of hot new material just sums up everything for me.

I do still hope that Hi-NRG Attack continues to release their music independently during the long gap. Cream Eurobeat was quite a tasty treat, especially considering how incredibly long the wait between SEB 199 and SEB 201 was. Now that Federico Rimonti is back on the mic and the label is experimenting with different styles, I'm looking forward to new stuff from them more than ever.
ImageImage

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 29 Jul 2011, 10:16

Sad news.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Jul 2011, 10:32

I expected this anyway - Avex pretty much sticks to a 12 month cycle for each new SEB "decade", and we have known for a while that 219 was another non-stop, so I guess we need to enjoy 217 and 218 for the rest of the year!

I am pretty sure that there will be something new in the meantime, whether it's another Touhou Eurobeat release or new iTunes-only releases. It would be awesome to see more unreleased Dima towards the end of the year :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Jul 2011, 11:50

We waited 13 months for new extended release after the release of SEB 196... So 5-6 month's no big deal.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 29 Jul 2011, 12:42

During the dry month between 199-201, I just took out a couple of other genres, mostly older SEBs and give them a few rounds again, usually finding some hidden/slow growing gems along the way I wouldn't have found with the stream of new songs coming every month. I am probably going to do that again this time, and hopefully chalk up a couple more of those for my listening pleasure. That is, unless 217 and 218 proves to be such phenomenal albums that they could help me ride the 4 months out single-handedly.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Re: Get prepared for another period without new releases

Post by Shawaazu » 30 Jul 2011, 03:47

DarkSky wrote: October: SEB219 (NON-STOP)
Oh hay, it's almost time for me to start buying physical releases again :idea:

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 31 Jul 2011, 07:13

I just really hope that the series picks itself up again, since I just haven't found myself getting excited at all for new releases as I was before. Aside from the lack of new TIME/Eurogrooves and Asia songs, the fact that there's now so few tracks every decade - just 14 new songs per album, and only on six releases - means that the series has less to offer not just in terms of quality, but also quantity. The albums just aren't nearly as longlasting, due to this.

The fact that all of the unreleased tracks on Eurobeat Masters 21, for me at least, were better than literally anything else Delta had produced around the time, to me proves that fitting in more songs wouldn't make the series any worse. Not to mention, Hi-NRG Attack, for me, has clearly been stronger, as of late, on their independent albums than they have on Super Eurobeat (though I do like some tracks).

Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 04 Aug 2011, 00:48

Shawaazu wrote:
DarkSky wrote: October: SEB219 (NON-STOP)
Oh hay, it's almost time for me to start buying physical releases again :idea:
i know what you mean, i tend to only have the best of xxxx, anniversary sets and nonstops as physcal cds...although since 190 i have been buying the actual cds..i fell like i am doing my bit for the eurobeat artists when i actually have the cds...

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 04 Aug 2011, 01:08

Gorgia_v wrote:i fell like i am doing my bit for the eurobeat artists when i actually have the cds...
qft! Everyone knows Eurobeat is not as popular now and if no one bought seb, then there might not be anymore new eurobeat songs. I couldn't imagine new SEB not coming out.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Aug 2011, 07:36

This is never good news. :(

Live Music Studio; have until now released up to Catalog number 826 on non -SEB related compilations. They still have about 18 songs or so unacounted for that have not been on SEB, so I'm thining that inbetween this Eurobeatless laps, we should get a few Compilations. I also still havn't given up hope for unreleased TIME songs to appear online somewhere.

Aside from that I'm pretty happy with the 80's music revival which is currently bombarding the internet. The Cars, Def Leppard, Duran Duran ect.. all have new material out now. Plus the Rock genre is stronger than ever. You just have to know where to find it.

I'll survive 8)

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 23 Aug 2011, 08:32

DarkSky wrote:So what will you do during a period of 4 months without any new Eurobeat
I will spend my savings on a copy of Pro Tools and make some myself :!:
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher