SCP Releases On iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 15 Aug 2011, 13:19

thejti wrote:I'm surprised drnrg hasn't picked up on it. I expected him to be the first to notice. Ministry of Power's riff is an homage to Touch Me Baby. The style of the song is a heavier Doctor Stranger style.
drnrg doesn't generally get the iTunes releases - so I'm not sure that he's actually heard the new tracks.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 15 Aug 2011, 16:01

thejti wrote: Ministry of Power's riff is an homage to Touch Me Baby.
I don't see the resemblance sorry.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 16 Aug 2011, 00:51

it definitely reminds me of touch me baby/got to be my babe/hey-ho let's go

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 16 Aug 2011, 02:56

Totally addicted to Hello Kitty...

Someone help... TT_TT

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 16 Aug 2011, 05:24

taQ wrote:it definitely reminds me of touch me baby/got to be my babe/hey-ho let's go
I wish Hey Ho Let's Go was released extended... That was one of my favorite Dusty tracks.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 Aug 2011, 05:44

I love Crazy on Emotion! In my opinion, it's a major step up from Ace's previous track, Set Me Free. Here, he sounds the most soulful and emotive he's ever been in a long time. In many ways, this song brings me back to his Euromach era roots. I think this style suits him incredibly well, and I really wish there were more songs in the same kind of vein these days.

Hello Kitty and Ministry of Power are both pretty good, but Crazy on Emotion is clearly the highlight of the three for me.
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Aug 2011, 06:12

Mikaeru wrote:...

Someone help... TT_TT
You're not alone with this one... Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Oh Hello Kitty!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Aug 2011, 19:32

Bore wrote:
Mikaeru wrote:...

Someone help... TT_TT
You're not alone with this one... Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Oh Hello Kitty!
My friends! : D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 17 Aug 2011, 01:01

Gotta say that Hello Kitty is pretty darn good haha xD

Also, the extended for "Disconnected", the differences are that the intro is different and that they added quite a bit of instrumental portions after the 2nd riff.

EDIT

By the way, Ministry Of Power's riff reminds me of "One Touch" by Ace & La Gatta on SEB 176.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Aug 2011, 07:02

the_ditz
drnrg doesn't generally get the iTunes releases - so I'm not sure that he's actually heard the new tracks.
True, However someone's looking out for the doc aand both Lou Master and Hotblade have come my way.

Now That's what I call a song. Lou Master extended is so much better than that edit on the cd. Alot of extra synth parts and instrumental parts too...and guess what? Not cut and paste :P and I also like Hotblade's alternate intro a lot better and the way he repeats Disco a couple of x. Plus it reaches a sweet 5 minuits and has a mind blowing break in the middle. Would have been nice on vinyl.
I will probobly never play those two edits again and will take into coiciderstion the extended versions when reviewing the cd.

Now I get what SCP is doing. They tease us with these edits, so by the TIME the cd comes out they can throw us some propor sxtended versions. Not a bad marketing stragety to sell to pimp thier material a little longer. However if was me ,I would have prefered those two extendeds forver etched on the disc. Especially Disco-nected. Nice job and my respects to the lable, cuz Disconected is one of the best SCP extendeds I ever heard.

Now if the compilation would somehow show up on JUno, so I can hear the other songs. dying to hear if they are extendeds too.

LONG LIVE THE EUROBEAT EXTENDED

Danko
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Danko » 18 Aug 2011, 13:43

LONG LIVE THE EUROBEAT EXTENDED[/quote]

Amen to that! :)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 18 Aug 2011, 21:30

drnrg wrote: Now I get what SCP is doing. They tease us with these edits, so by the TIME the cd comes out they can throw us some propor sxtended versions. Not a bad marketing stragety to sell to pimp thier material a little longer. However if was me ,I would have prefered those two extendeds forver etched on the disc. Especially Disco-nected. Nice job and my respects to the lable, cuz Disconected is one of the best SCP extendeds I ever heard.

Now if the compilation would somehow show up on JUno, so I can hear the other songs. dying to hear if they are extendeds too.

LONG LIVE THE EUROBEAT EXTENDED
Its not meant to be a tease. The extendeds on the summer ep are a special gift to the fans. What SCP does do is create several versions of the song (a eurobeat version, a club version, a rock version, etc.) Hence why you'll see Eurobeat Version on a lot of these songs. If I'm not mistaken, SCP creates several versions of the "radio" edit hence why you'll hear different length songs or altered beginnings. Avex choses what suits them best for SEB and SCP chooses what suits them best for iTunes. But the extended versions are (usually) not a version created at all. Again that's a personal choice of Stefano and the rest of the SCP team.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 19 Aug 2011, 02:17

^

I would love to hear some more of their non-eurobeat versions of songs (like the 8-bit versions or the eurock mixes)

Speaking of...I noticed that the term eurock seems to have been termed by fans before Avex started using it.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 Aug 2011, 12:08

Well, as I said in the 218 thread, 'Hello Kitty' sounds incredibly bland for a so-called 'bubbly' song. In fact, the song reminds me of DeJo's 'Too Young to Fall in Love' (which I thought was one of the worst songs of the 190s) in that the producers have used this bizarre quasi-underwater effect on the vocals that just irks me every time. It's only confined to the chorus in 'Hello Kitty' though. Also, by the end of the song, Alix sounds like she's ready to shoot somebody if she's forced to say the word 'kitty' one more time. I rushed out to buy it on iTunes after reading all of the hype, but now I want my $2 back, haha.

That Ace song is also a disaster. I've enjoyed just about everything in Ace's repertoire, but 'Crazy On Emotions' is his most forgettable and undercooked song since... 'Moon Child', I guess? Or 'Feel Heaven', if we're counting those special collections. The days of 'Futureland' and 'One Touch' seem so far away, don't they?

The Fastway song isn't too bad though. I noticed that euromach-ish riff right away too, which brings back warm and fuzzy memories.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 19 Aug 2011, 18:23

para_rigby wrote:I would love to hear some more of their non-eurobeat versions of songs (like the 8-bit versions or the eurock mixes)
Same here! Also, I wonder if SCP's Eurock originals (Diamond Light, Thunderbolt Blackout, C'me On You Sexy Thing and especially Guitar Hero) have Eurobeat versions. I'd LOVE to hear those!