Super Eurobeat 218

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 30 Aug 2011, 03:43

god the emanuelle song sounds weird...i think we needed more of a dramatic aggressive song from daniela..

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Aug 2011, 06:46

What did I say? Tracklist and previews on the same day. This cd seems to have a nice balance between male and female stars and a few new aliases; which I always love to see.

01 ACE / CRAZY ON EMOTION (SEB Version) (SCP)
This actually has a pretty great epic feel to it. The last song I liked from Ace was on SEB 206 and this one sounds even better.
:D
02 VIRGINELLE / BYE BYE GIRL (Extended Version) (Go-Go's Music)
This one is sounding kinda strange. It has a familiar melody, but they also kinda give it a chaotic tone . On the other hand, I kinda feel that riff. With a proper melody in the verses; I might actually like this.
:)
03 OCEANIA / DANCE DANCE LET IT GO (Extended) (Sun Fire?? Not sure)
Futura sorta sounds like she did when she first entered the Eurobeat scene. I don't know if I need a pitched up Futura at the moment, but I like old school melody and I like those Explosion effects, but I'm not sold 100% on this sample alone. Kudos for a damn cool artist name.
04 EMMANUELLE / DON'T FORGET TO LOVE ME (Extended Version) (Delta)
Seems like Capaldi is giving DELTA a whole new make over by introducing a new batch of singers(aliases). He could have just as well started his own label. I love that melody in the chorus, Sounds like a keeper.
05 CIAO CIAO / DON'T CRY TONIGHT (Extended) (Hi-NRG Attack)
Love that little piano effect throughout the sample. I'm gonna be honest and say I need to hear the synth riff to give it a smiley with shades , but I love that chorus.
06 MISTIKA / RAIN (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
yess! Powerful ,epic Dima style that I love. What a huge step up from Sally.
07 NANDO / IN MY SUPERCAR (Extended Mix) (SinclaireStyle)
I love that Nando is back, but those annoying baby angel sounding synths in the backround are just wrong and contrast with the tone of the song. I think I might prefer riding in Max Coveri's Super Car over Nando's.
08 RICH HARD / ON YOUR WINGS (Extended) (Sun Fire)
Wow! Best sounding sample so far. Powerful with a really epic sound and that Crazy sounding riff sounds like something out of a Manuel song.
8)
09 CY-RO / NO MONEY NO HONEY (Extended) (Hi-NRG Attack)
Damn! Another killer sounding sample. Listen to that synth. I can almost envision the old school trumpet sound returning.A classic in the making.
8)
10 DREAM FIGHTERS / THE END OF THE WORLD (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
I still can't find any flaws in Dima's sung songs. This one sounds right at home on SEB.
:D :grin:
11 FASTWAY / MINISTRY OF POWER (SEB Version) (SCP)
I'm actually kinda liking this. And I do hear those comparisons to Dr. Stranger songs. Touch Me Baby was played on similiar sounding synths style. Or better yet, "Midnight" I think Fastway is due for a major comeback with this sample.
8)
12 LINDA ROSS / LOVE IS DANGER (British Healing RMX Extended) (Eurogrooves/Time remix)
I feel weird after listeing to this. I can see why it carries the British title, but I would rather have liked the British Rock sound to it. For the TIME being, I say pass.
:(
13 ALIX / HELLO KITTY (Extended) (SCP)
Am I a 9 year old girl? No!Am I fluffy White. No! Am I fluffy Pink? No! Can I relate to this song on any level whatsoever? No! Do I like this song? NO! leave this toon fest music for Kika and Fancy, please. I need this song in extended version, like I need a hole in the head.
:evil:
14 ANNIE LOVE / MY MELODY (Extended Version) (Go-Go's Music??)
I wanna like this because of that cool souding riff, but the rest sounds likda transparant.
:|
15 ALEKY / LITTLE TWIN STARS (Extended Version) (Dima Music)
Interesting how Dima can take a children's themed song and give it a really cool adult theme. Could become a favourit of mine once I hear it has an equally epic intro.
:D .

These samples are not half bad. I don't know if they sound like the best material to carry me through a long dry period, but they have that grow on me effect and that could be just what is needed during a dry spell?They get better as the disc progresses. I really havn't heard those new SCP songs to much, but somehow ,they sound better among other labels. First great impressions Have to be for Fastway, Rich Hard and Cy-ro. Those samples are putting me in that perfect Eurobeat zone. Aleky, Mystika, Emanuelle, Ace and Dream Fighters also sound like winners. I'm kinda dissapointed in Nando's sample, but that could change once I hear the full song. "Hello Kitty" is exactly what I expected and annoys the hell out of me. Especially when she uses her ego flowing vocal tone.

Aside from that deterent, I'm looking forward to this disc. 8)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 30 Aug 2011, 15:12

Since I still struggle with links on my pc, I haven't much yet...

but.. I am really happy to say that Dima's presentation of 3 tunes is top notch on this SEB... nice, classy and stylish eurobeat..!..

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 31 Aug 2011, 01:32

Ugh. I bought those sanrio songs off the mini album. Now i might need to buy them again since they were radio edits. God dammit.

coco*tapioka
Euro To B

Post by coco*tapioka » 31 Aug 2011, 01:59

Shawaazu wrote:Ugh. I bought those sanrio songs off the mini album. Now i might need to buy them again since they were radio edits. God dammit.
lol. That's Avex for you! :razz:

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 31 Aug 2011, 05:23

Random thoughts on the samples:

'Don't Forget to Love Me' = 'Sunday Morning' version 2 anyone? I know it must be getting hard for Capaldi to think of something new, but come on... Blatant carbon copies are a recipe for disaster. It's as if we're back in the 180s when labels were taking every opportunity to recycle everything.

As for GGM, well, it seems like 'Baby Come Back' and 'Sex Killer' were just brief flashes of inspiration since they've gone back to those lifeless, transparent productions. The Virginelle song tries hard to reach that level but the chorus is far too annoying to make me want to replay it. And could Annie Love's song possibly sound more dead?

Nice to see Sun Fire trying something left-of-centre with Oceania. If this song won't appease those who keep complaining about Sun Fire sounding samey, I don't know what will.

The Oceania and Rich Hard songs are my favourites of the bunch, but sadly it's looking like this will be the first decade that doesn't have that one "OMG AWESOME" song that really blows me away. The absence of Eurogrooves (especially De Leo) probably didn't help with that.

Shinraikan
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Shinraikan » 31 Aug 2011, 09:32

All I can say is track 3 sounds so much like a certain Euromach song.
Hi hi baby baby can you love me
Shake your body c'mon
Just sayin'.

It'll probably grow on me though just like that one did. :P

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 31 Aug 2011, 14:23

the_ditz wrote: MISTIKA / RAIN - very epic, loving the guitar elements and the overall production. I reckon we have another new vocalist here as well...
Oh yeah that's right! :-) She's not that new actually :P She's new @ Dima Music though..

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 31 Aug 2011, 19:14

samples don't seem enough this time to get a good impression on the songs. I'll have to wait until the full release ^^

Dance Dance Let It Go sample continues to surprise me though. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it on the CD.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 31 Aug 2011, 19:45

DarkSky wrote:Oh yeah that's right! :-) She's not that new actually :P She's new @ Dima Music though..
She sounds a lot like Karen though I'm probably wrong on that one.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Aug 2011, 21:05

Seems like HRG Attack are producing slow Italo for the ladies and fast Eurobeat for the men. It's all good, but I still think the diversity was what was interesting. Rainy Days, Pretty Woman were sung by by a man and two of the best HRG Attack material in years. The Ciao Ciao clip sounds nice, but I would have prefered one last male Italo song before the dry spell begins.

Sun Fire songs sound great. Could be Pasquinni takes honours as best songs on this round. Been a while since that happened.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 02 Sep 2011, 03:12

Shawaazu wrote:Ugh. I bought those sanrio songs off the mini album. Now i might need to buy them again since they were radio edits. God dammit.
Dude try to wait and test the waters more often lol

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 02 Sep 2011, 10:38

Occasional HRG male Italo style making a comeback is good as well, as our Doc here indicates. Female Italo Style does indeed really well and should be a total mainstay. Pitching for girls seams to be an unpopular concept though, as our folks preffer the emotion and feeling of real vocals from HRG female tracks.

To note, SF indeed utterly annihilated anything human from Futura's vocals - when her own voice in itself is nice and requires no such *favors*...

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maxwell P. Wainwright » 03 Sep 2011, 06:58

thejti wrote:
DarkSky wrote:Oh yeah that's right! :-) She's not that new actually :P She's new @ Dima Music though..
She sounds a lot like Karen though I'm probably wrong on that one.
I hear Karen-esque vocals also.

If this is her, I am going to scream in happiness.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 03 Sep 2011, 07:36

Not Karen...but you may demand of GGM or SunFire that they bring her back.